Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Personal Loot, I bloody loathe thee.

So I understand the appeal, yay we don't fight for loot and what I get is mine, woop woop. Works wonderful for those who need just about anything on a boss' table, but when you've been trying since second day of launch to get a pair of mythic trinkets for yourself to no avail, meanwhile having 6 different 840+ helms hanging around, it's getting bloody annoying.

Was Group loot entirely removed? Right clicking my portrait I can't seem to change from Personal, if that's the case, What the fuck?

trinkets are harder now. whast the deal? do you think i looted calamity's edge from heroic archimonde? no my boy. good shiet its hard.ç

edit: someone else can trade you that trinket in personal loot if he has a better ilvl trinket. most ppl are good on dungeons, if they dont need it, they will hand it to you

From what I understand, you can either offer to trade with others, or run as a guild group (60% same guild, IIRC) and have more loot options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    From what I understand, you can either offer to trade with others, or run as a guild group (60% same guild, IIRC) and have more loot options.
    You can only trade items to others if it's not an ilvl upgrade to you. As soon as the item you don't want has more ilvl on it, it becomes soulbound and you cannot trade it.

And you need 80% of people from a guild, not 60% (unless they dropped it to 60 recently) to be able to use ML in raids.

Mythic dungeons seem to be PL all the way. Even when you run a full guild group (I do mythics mainly with full guild grp and I too cannot swap the loot option to anything else).

Personal loot is perfect.

I don't understand the complaint, personal loot isn't the reason you get helms instead of trinkets
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Loving this Personal Loot change as well.

Hate it, hated it since its implementation. RNG is the bane of this game. Personal loot, is a massive part of the issue. Dont even get me started on legendaries, Warforged and titanfuckingforged. Whomever decided to persue this ideology at blizz, i hope they get the boot.

Personal loot is a great system so far, I just wish that we could target specific item slots which would decrease our overall chance of a drop but almost guarantee a drop of an item for the slot we want to fill

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Personal loot is a great system so far, I just wish that we could target specific item slots which would decrease our overall chance of a drop but almost guarantee a drop of an item for the slot we want to fill
    chance of getting stuff that's even worth my time is already near non-existant, i ran 4 mythic dungeons in a row without a single drop, not ones i cant use, but none at all, and whenever i do its either worse than what i have or the wrong stats(i think i should loot spec should prevent but whatever), but being able to target a slot sounds meh, id rather be able to target specific stats on gear, if it doesnt have say versa and/or mastery i should have an option for it to not drop at all

Those same items would've dropped with group loot. If said trinkets dropped on group loot, you wouldn't exactly be guaranteed them now would you? Then there'd be the added element of rolling against others.

Personal loot is awesome, it doesn't make RNG less RNG however, and neither did Group Loot.

Deleted
    Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I've understood Personal loot to work.

You kill the boss, and start with a low chance of getting an item, each subsequent boss you kill increases the probability of you getting loot, acting as a "failsafe", only this doesn't exactly help you in all cases.

Example A) Doing Vault of the Wardens for the Faulty Countermeassure, Now I got a pair of bracers I didn't need from the previous boss putting my chance at getting what I actually want already down, then we get to the boss and kill it, first a roll is made to determine who gets loot, Secondly it goes through the loot table to decide which item you'll get, thirdly rolling for it to be warforged etc. Again, this works great for those who just step into an instance and needs just about everything that gets, but when I need ONE item out of a potential 50+, being randomly handed one out of the blue is a bloody shit way of going about it. *edit* oh and of course, a fellow can trade the item to you, if he wasn't "lucky" enough to get it warforged so he can't trade it in the first place, nor want to use it because it's inferior, or the second option which happened last night where my hunter and elemental friend changes loot specs to melee to help me out, one of them gets the trinket, but has no better ones for enhancement, and thus soulbound. Everything about personal loot is specifically targeted at bending you over regarding specific pieces you might need, a shame since particularily trinkets are so strong.

Example B, Group loot) You kill said boss, One roll determines what item will drop,and the party rolls for it, now the trinket does drop, but the hunter and mage in the group aren't interested, nor is the healer that leaves me and possibly the tank (who really shouldn't want it either) putting us at a possible two people rolling for said item, making the probability of attaining it a lot higher, even with the boss "only" dropping one item in total (which it usually does for personal anyhow, just you can't decide the reciever.)

I've been at iLevel 842 now for these past two mythic resets, a grand total of 18 instance runs, or 74 boss kills total, have yielded me one upgrade, for my off-spec tank gear, due to this horrible system that keeps spitting the same shit I've already got over and over into my lap.
    There's just no justifying removing any and all player choice from item attaining, at least give us the goddamned option to switch to the clearly superior loot system for a selfmade group, rather than pidgeonholing us into this goddamned bullshit.
    Last edited by mmocd8b3302953; 2016-09-17 at 01:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I don't understand the complaint, personal loot isn't the reason you get helms instead of trinkets
    Except the dude next to you might have 6 trinkets and no helm. If another trinket for him drops he can trade it off

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I've understood Personal loot to work.

You kill the boss, and start with a low chance of getting an item, each subsequent boss you kill increases the probability of you getting loot, acting as a "failsafe", only this doesn't exactly help you in all cases.
    This part is true as far as I know, but not that it's a "low chance", it's just each boss you have bad luck with increases the chance of loot for the next one.

Example A) Doing Vault of the Wardens for the Faulty Countermeassure, Now I got a pair of bracers I didn't need from the previous boss putting my chance at getting what I actually want already down, then we get to the boss and kill it, first a roll is made to determine who gets loot
    I'm not sure what you mean by a "roll to determine who gets loot", I'm hoping you mean though how many people do, because multiple people can get gear off of the same boss. Although I imagine you would know that if you did as many dungeons as you say, just felt it was worth pointing out just in case.

but when I need ONE item out of a potential 50+, being randomly handed one out of the blue is a bloody shit way of going about it.[/quote]

But per boss you only have like 3-5 items that could possibly drop. That's better than this situation-

Example B, Group loot) You kill said boss, One roll determines what item will drop,and the party rolls for it, now the trinket does drop, but the hunter and mage in the group aren't interested, nor is the healer that leaves me and possibly the tank (who really shouldn't want it either) putting us at a possible two people rolling for said item, making the probability of attaining it a lot higher, even with the boss "only" dropping one item in total (which it usually does for personal anyhow, just you can't decide the reciever.)
    Where that one drop could be a leather belt over and over again, since its pulling from a pool of multiple class items rather than one's specific to you.

There's just no justifying removing any and all player choice from item attaining, at least give us the goddamned option to switch to the clearly superior loot system for a selfmade group, rather than pidgeonholing us into this goddamned bullshit.
    Like said, you could switch back if you have a guild group. It doesn't allow you if it's just a selfmade group since then the leader could just force a switch whenever even if no one else agrees to. Although they could implement a voting system I suppose.

If a trinket you wants drops for someone else, politely ask them if they need it? And if something you dont want drops for you, see if someone in the group wants it. You'd be surprised how generous people can be when they dont need a particular item.

Quote Originally Posted by BentPencils View Post
    If a trinket you wants drops for someone else, politely ask them if they need it? And if something you dont want drops for you, see if someone in the group wants it. You'd be surprised how generous people can be when they dont need a particular item.
    DE'ed right in-front of their face and leave like it should be.

It's much less infuriating than the other option: keeping group loot with a game community that can't help but fucking need roll on every item that lights up the dice icon.

This community can't hold itself to any kind of standard so the game had to change to deal with that. I'm not normally one for blaming the playerbase but WoW's community is pretty mindless.

There's absolutely NO disadvantage to personal loot anymore since you can trade.

Bosses don't always drop your favourite loot, deal with it.

I have asked many times 'hey do you need that [whatever]?' And most of the time if people can, they give it to you. One time a guy left after I asked, which like... you could just say no if it was an upgrade, buddy

the new system has a couple disadvantages but overall it's much better than group loot

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I absolutely love Personal Loot. Not only do you not have to roll on every single drop of gear, but it makes grouping and raiding much smoother and quicker. When running between friends and acquaintances we can easily trade loot at generally better droprates, now including vanity items like mounts, pets, and toys, etc. <3
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!