Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Not disc specific, but still benefits disc. I'd like mastery to add half of its effectiveness into damage (I have 50% mastery as disc, so I'd do 25% extra damage) for all healers. Would make it a more useful stat for general use as disc and for other healers just increase open world damage because right now the only thing that does that is artifact traits and gear.

More disc specific stuff;
    -add holy nova of mind sear back for aoe - uncapped for damage but for atonement only has effect on 3 targets(so if you're damaging 5 dudes only damage on 3 of them turns into heals)
    -divine star and halo also applies atonement to 5 targets.
    -atonement base duration increased to 20sec
    -contrition talent removed. Replaced with "divine burst: bursts the atonements you have up dealing x amount of healing to all targets who had atonement(and all targets in a 5yd radius from atonemented targets) increased by 5% per atonement. 1.5 sec cast time. 1.5min cd"
    -twist of fate procs off damage
    -lights wrath deals 50% more damage outside of raids.
    -power word: radiance mana cost reduced.
    -pw:s absorb increased by ~50%
    -damage trinkets no longer deal greatly reduced damage but only 30% of their damage done is converted to atonement healing.
    -sins of the many artifact trait has increased effectiveness outside of raids and pvp(prob. about 50% is good. Another 5% in 5 mans feels kinda shit)

Some of these may be deemed op. But I think these would improve the spec or be qol things.

As far as I'm concerned Disc just needs one cooldown to deal with surprise aoe damage.

Power Word: ohshittebossjustshatonthewholegroup
    3 minute cooldown, give 5 friendly target within 30 yards 5 seconds of atonement. Doesn't trigger the global cooldown.

I think that's completely reasonable, maybe even a bit underwhelming but would allow disc to recover when they either tunneled a bit too much on keeping the tank alive, had to move just as atonement dropped or just otherwise got caught with their pants down.

I also have to say that I love the idea of making power word:barrier be castable on someone. I haven't found it to be an especially great cooldown in 5 man groups tho.

For help in topping off party members in dungeons with nothing left to attack: After a target dies with Shadow Word pain active, some % of damage done by SWP is converted to heals for allies with atonement.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyrel2001 View Post
    (No cast time change needed, haste will scale up as the xpac goes on which will make us feel stronger as the xpac goes on)
    Spells should not be balanced around super high gear levels. Especially not in regards to cast times and haste levels.

so on the topic of divine star and halo applying atonement, I think they should but divine star should only apply it to the first 3 targets hit and halo all 5

Disc is a fucking mess. I don't know how anyone defends it. Sure you may find it fun, but will it be viable? Hell no. I'm so glad I'm maining a resto sham this expansion. This will be the first time I've not played a disc or holy priest since TBC. Rant over.

But If I was an armchair dev, this is what I would do.

1. Power Word: Shield - absorption dramatically increased. It has a cooldown now, it should absorb a shit ton.
    2. New Spell: Cascade - Launch a bolt of holy light at your target, healing them and two allies within 12 yards for X health and granting them Atonement. Cascade bounces 3 times and always travels to the most injured ally - 30 sec cooldown - Instant Cast

3. Tier 90 is now the "Raid-cooldown tier" :
    A. Divine Star is now a baseline spell for Discipline.
    B. Clarity of Will - Redesigned - Encases all friendly targets within 30 yards with a shield that absorbs X damage for 10 sec - 3 min cooldown - Instant - Replaces Power Word: Barrier
    C. Halo - Creates a ring of Holy energy around you that quickly expands to a 30 yd radius, healing allies for X health, rippling back inwards to heal all allies for an additional Y health - 3 min cooldown - Instant - Replaces Power Word: Barrier
    D. Sanctuary - Passive - Power Word: Barrier now also heals allies standing in the barrier for X% of all damage taken and increases total health by 15%.

With those 3 talents in mind, you'll have more of a choice on how to respond to massive damage depending on the fight. Is there a fight with predictable massive damage incoming to a wide area? Use Clarity of Will. Need a powerful AoE heal to help alleviate random massive damage? Go with Halo. Is there massive predictable damage incoming onto a stacked group fight that has a duration of intensity? Go with Sanctuary.
    Last edited by Amunrasonther; 2016-09-16 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda wish they would give us silence. I know healers dont have interrups anymore, but we're sort-off a dps spec. Its not like it would be OP, it has a 45 sec cd. Would make some solo content easier. I cannot comment on how big an impact this would be on pvp, as I dont pvp.

Also. An aoe damage ability. please. Just cap the healing from it if they're scared it might get too good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously don't understand how people can suggest changes like this without blizzard butchering disc output to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    You mean it's no longer OP?
    The spec has sufficient healing, some weak and strong points and never been so fun.
    Disc is literally the one spec that will never see mythic raiding or mythic+ may top guilds are having their disc priests go holy or re roll to a different healer because they under perform so bad even in the best of circumstances. There are many times even in normal and heroic dungeons people instantly try to kick or everyone leaves cause there is a disc priest.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    There are many times even in normal and heroic dungeons people instantly try to kick or everyone leaves cause there is a disc priest.
    Strange, I've not run a single normal, heroic, or mythic dungeon where anyone tried to kick me, or even complained about me, because I was Disc.

I have, however, gotten a good few people praising my heals and being surprised that I'm doing so well with Disc.

/shrug

And about "top guilds" and such....the game is not balanced around bleeding-edge world-first racers. They're always going to pick the absolute best DPS and healers. Doesn't mean the others are bad. And if you're in one of those guilds, then you should already be used to re-rolling FOTM all the time.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-17 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BradySafety View Post
    You don't use plea for it's heal. Its sole purpose is to apply atonement. The heal is just a small bonus.
    That's why it's a lame spell. If you need atonement spread around, you can't afford to spend a GCD for the miniscule heal of plea + atonement that only lasts several GCDs anyway. And if you only have 1-2 target's taking damage, then you can just use SM and PW:S instead. It literally only functions to apply atonement preemptively... but even then, in groups by the time you get a few atonements out they are practically wearing off, and in raids you'll probably be getting a mana cooldown or something and spamming PW:R to spread a bunch of atonements.
    Last edited by Einzweidrei; 2016-09-17 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    So basically you want old discipline back with the addition of all the Atonement healing we do now? I mean, disc has its issues, however this would be OP as hell.
    No, hence keeping Plea's cost increase mechanic. PW:S spam would be very inefficient, but would be an option for oh shit moments. (And addresses both skill's lacking luster.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haster View Post
    As far as I'm concerned Disc just needs one cooldown to deal with surprise aoe damage.
    That was my thinking behind Shadow Covenant going baseline. But, yeah, cooldown would be more appropriate. Halo or Divine Star (with increased cooldown) applying atonement fits nicely.

Plea is useful if you need to keep moving and healing at the same time. But what I really miss is some sort of AoE damage spell for questing purposes. It's so annoying to kill weak mobs one by one instead of using for example Holy Nova.

Yeah, really no idea what the fuck Blizz was thinking when they stripped all AoE abilities away from Disc. IIRC it is now the only spec in the entire game that has no (baseline) AoE ability. Hopefully that'll be fixed in 7.1.

Reduce cast time of Radiance by about .5 seconds should do it for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Disc is literally the one spec that will never see mythic raiding or mythic+ may top guilds are having their disc priests go holy or re roll to a different healer because they under perform so bad even in the best of circumstances. There are many times even in normal and heroic dungeons people instantly try to kick or everyone leaves cause there is a disc priest.
    Sorry, I never had anyone complain because my discness and I don't feel that the spec underperforms in mythic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by stians View Post
    I have noticed at least 3 points that I would like to change, without going too wild and overbuffing the spec.

- Atonement duration could be increased to baseline 20 sec. Currently I feel like you're lacking the GCDs to efficiently spread Atonements, do damage and repeat. The damage (and thus the healing) "phase" is too short, because Atonement falls off.
    - Light's Wrath feels weak outside a raid setting. In a 5man, where you have a limited number of Atonement stacks, the damage on Light's Wrath is around the lvl of Penance, but it's also much slower. Penance currently feels superior in every way.
    - Schism is clunky. The debuff falls off so fast, that you have to juggle GCDs in order to get any use of it. Personally I always use Castigation instead, for the stronger Penance.
    These are valid points. I agree with this.