Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Piss poor DPS complain, get change, legit nurf to everyone in the game. If you don't see how this is a nurf to everyone you're blind.

I think the problem is that tank builds and their rotation are much more forgiving than DPS specs, which is understandable since they aren't actually DPS specs. It takes more effort to play most DPS specs to the max/near-max, and as most of us here know, most random players you run into don't even build their talents/gear/artifact correctly so you definitely won't expect them to perform their rotation perfectly or at least remotely well.

I mean just yesterday, I found a Frost DK who asked for some tips and I saw his artifact traits and it was a gigantic mess! He even skipped the Gold traits for minor traits!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    for under performing , fine you want longer PVE dungeon runs DPSers your wish is granted
    To be honest, the tanks aren't meant to be the push of damage, they are meant to take it so others can push through. Some tanks were pulling a lot more than they should, I think. This has to, in some cases, lead to people being removed from the group, even if they did good dps too - but didn't beat the tank.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Tank dps was fucked up for years lol
    So you think tanks should have almost comparable dps to dps specs and have all their survival skills as well?

i look forward to continuing to out dps people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    So you think tanks should have almost comparable dps to dps specs and have all their survival skills as well?
    The only way that happened is if the DPS in question was legit terrible.

I am a prot paladin and not even gearing versatility (gearing DPS and crit/haste), and I pulled at most 175k-200k single target depending on how long the fight lasted... The Shadow Priest and Feral Druid I do dungeons with can burst upwards of 400k+ and sustain 300k-325k+ single target.

And cleave/small AoE pulls? I would be at like 250k-300k while monks and DH could literally go upwards of 1 million+ DPS on those kinds of pulls.

The only time I pull noticeably ahead is on huge AoE pulls (like 10+ targets). And those pulls are both few and far between AND irrelevant to overall performance.

Class balance is pretty horrible across the board in Legion.
    Nerfing all tank damage by 10% is probably a mistake but I'm not sure Blizzard can handle all the stuff they need to fix in order to balance every class in this expantion.
    It's like they have just given up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    If a tank is doing 220k ST he's likely the type to run with dps who do 300-400k which is completely fine - their aoe dps is an issue, but what you're talking about is a good player running with shitters and outshining them.
    What? lol 400k? I'm not talking about burst damage at the start of the fight. I'm talking about when the fight ends that's the overall dps. I can burst up to 400k dps as Unholy at the start but after bloodlust and my army of the dead ghouls die off then it drops pretty significantly. I usually end most fights at 250k dps unless everybody kills the thing before BL ends. Also there is literally not a single dps class that is simming over 350k dps right now in current gear so it's literally impossible for people to be pulling 400k non burst dps. DH tanks are doing more dps than certain dps specs on single target soo... yeah no it isn't him or us, it's the spec.

Deleted
    On my alt blood dk I do more dps then the actually damage dealers. That is not fair tbh. Blizzard does the right thing - how can anyone not expect balancing to happen at the start of a new expansion ?
    If someone rolls a class because "it is better than every other class" you are playing your class for the wrong reasons. People should play the class they enjoy the most, so small balancing stuff don't ruin your actually enjoyment of a certain class.
    I freaking kept playing my arms warrior during its worst time (WOD) and i didn't really whine about it. I made feedback, and also alot during my time in alpha and beta Legion, as I was lucky to get into it.
    Constructive feedback about mechanics you want changed is a good idea. Whining about some aoe ability getting nerfed as a tank, some ability that is clearly overpowered, isn't a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Class balance is pretty horrible across the board in Legion.
    Nerfing all tank damage by 10% is probably a mistake but I'm not sure Blizzard can handle all the stuff they need to fix in order to balance every class in this expantion.
    It's like they have just given up.
    Your are so correct here. It is like they threw balancing classes and specs out the window. It is a joke how op some are and how terrible others are. I don't understand how they can't have all classes within 5% or less of each other. Why some are 20% or more better than the bottom specs/classes should never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The only way that happened is if the DPS in question was legit terrible.

I am a prot paladin and not even gearing versatility (gearing DPS and crit/haste), and I pulled at most 175k-200k single target depending on how long the fight lasted... The Shadow Priest and Feral Druid I do dungeons with can burst upwards of 400k+ and sustain 300k-325k+ single target.

And cleave/small AoE pulls? I would be at like 250k-300k while monks and DH could literally go upwards of 1 million+ DPS on those kinds of pulls.

The only time I pull noticeably ahead is on huge AoE pulls (like 10+ targets). And those pulls are both few and far between AND irrelevant to overall performance.
    Well I'm talking more PvP...where melee is king and tanks are gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Well I'm talking more PvP...where melee is king and tanks are gods.
    Not all Melee are king in PVP, Leather melee might but not the rest.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm Ret and I can't keep up with DH's.

I know, I know. The spec is amazing and I'm just "bad".

Well no, tanks did way too much damage for sure. A nerf has been needed since Alpha.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Sounds like someone's mad they got nerfed, and this is coming from a Frost/Blood DK who loves to LFD spam as Blood. I'm surprised it wasn't more TBH - 10%? Pffft. I'll still beat 50-75% of people in LFD in overall damage done.
    I'll be surprised if they don't nerf BB some time soon, tbh. There is an EXCELLENT chance that they will considering a 10% nerf to BDKs only means they'll be ahead of the DPS my 18 million damage instead of 20 million...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Well no, tanks did way too much damage for sure. A nerf has been needed since Alpha.
    True, but no one was going "Let's fill our mythic group with 4 tanks instead of a tank and 3 DPS because their DPS is so high"

A tank is GUARANTEED 1 spot in a group whether they're doing 1 million DPS or 100 DPS. So nerfing their damage means slower dungeon times and harder Mythics/Mythic+s for everyone.

EVERYONE loses with a tank DPS nerf, not just the tank.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

An overall 10% nerf of almost all tank skills doesn't fix the problem that every tank class has a different damage output which has to be balanced imho.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You all realize it doesn't really matter how much dps a tank does compared to the rest of the group so long as they know how to position a mob/boss and keep threat right? They could nerf me (Blood DK) by 50% i wouldnt really give a shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    You all realize it doesn't really matter how much dps a tank does compared to the rest of the group so long as they know how to position a mob/boss and keep threat right? They could nerf me (Blood DK) by 50% i wouldnt really give a shit
    Thats because you are casual then

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yeah no I had a DH tank yesterday in Mythic VH pulling 220k dps as a tank on bosses. That's a problem. He was top DPS on those 4 man elite squad AoE pulls with 450-500k dps. My unholy AoE spam was only topping at 430k. Nothing to do with lazy. Back in Wrath tanks did like... maybe half the dps that dps specs did. Not 80-90% of the damage the dps did.
    How? According to SimC it should be impossible because I have close to BIS tank gear and I am only at around 120-145k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    I'd rather have a small tank damage nerf then 50%.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi