Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dungeons are relevant for class or profession quest, wait until LFR will come out, No need to go in dungeons unless for mythic I guess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    anyone remember blizzard saying they want dungeons to be relevant, well yes mythic plus will be but only a handful of people will be sucessful at those but once raid hits on the 21st for EU,dungeons are already irrelevant as a DK with ilvl 843 normal dungeons dont drop anything apart from vendor trash,heroic can drop warforged but very rarely so no incentive to go back to those, when emerald nightmare opens and people start getting there raid gear mythic dungeons will be phased out aswell for gear, so only raids and mythic plus for pver's which is basically same dungeons you have done over and over just with some added little quirk to make it a little harder
    Mythic dungeons are currently the highest diffculty content in the game. You have outgeared them, they are not irrelevant, they are the highest level content in the game. If you got all the best gear from a mythic raid, you wouldn't call that raid irrelevant.

Deleted
    anyone remember blizzard saying they want dungeons to be relevant, well yes mythic plus will be but only a handful of people will be sucessful at those but once raid hits on the 21st for EU,dungeons are already irrelevant as a DK with ilvl 843 normal dungeons dont drop anything apart from vendor trash,heroic can drop warforged but very rarely so no incentive to go back to those, when emerald nightmare opens and people start getting there raid gear mythic dungeons will be phased out aswell for gear, so only raids and mythic plus for pver's which is basically same dungeons you have done over and over just with some added little quirk to make it a little harder
    Random daily hc will still be relevant (for the big chunk of easy AP), mythic+ will be very relevant (and it's not true it's some sort of lite thing, everyone will progress in those sooner or later, just a matter of time really). Dungeon world quests will still be relevant.

I thought that Mythic + dungeons get like +5ilvl for loot every time you go up a level. So for base mythic you get 840, for +10 version you get 885 pieces. Bearing in mind that +10 has the same rewards as Mythic raids in item levels, I'd say that this makes them pretty relevant. Also, By adding several more difficulty levels they can keep this rolling for infinite number of future patches. It will get old in terms of repetition though.

OP forgets that in past expansions, even heroics remained somewhat despite players vastly outgearing them. There will be enough incentive to do Mythics (even heroics as well) on some level.

and who is gonna run dungeons for that like 1-2 percent chance of getting a lucky upgrade, when you will prolly have better luck in your weekly raids
    most players.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

one day you may become multilingual person then you will realise how little grammar means in actual buisness/real life contacts - untill then have fun being grammar nazi.
    Oh, I'm a multilingual person, which makes being a "grammar nazi" all the more fun. Btw. use of punctuation and paragraphs is easy in any language and just makes sense. Don't know what kind of banana republic you live in, but nice doing "business" with you anyway, huh-huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Oh, I'm a multilingual person, which makes being a "grammar nazi" all the more fun. Btw. use of punctuation and paragraphs is easy in any language and just makes sense. Don't know what kind of banana republic you live in, but nice doing "business" with you anyway, huh-huh.
    the use of banana republic in this context shows an inherent misunderstanding of the historical banana republics and detracts from your argument

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    the use of banana republic in this context shows an inherent misunderstanding of the historical banana republics and detracts from your argument
    You didn't use any punctuation in your post at all, which makes it practically meaningless mumbo-jumbo. It doesn't transport a valid opinion and ultimately isn't much different from, let's say, a bored sea lion yelling something at the zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    You didn't use any punctuation in your post at all, which makes it practically meaningless mumbo-jumbo. It doesn't transport a valid opinion and ultimately isn't much different from, let's say, a bored sea lion yelling something at the zoo.
    indeed, im sorry that the irony was lost on you though. it was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    most players.
    I'll be interested to see the dropoff. I'm already fairly bored of running the current dungeons and if Kara has as much trash as Arcway I'll struggle to do it more than 2-3 times. That slight chance for an upgrade just doesn't motivate me to go. But I could be the odd man out here.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    indeed, im sorry that the irony was lost on you though. it was pretty funny.
    Case sensitivity is another problem area, but one we could surely tackle with a lot of hard work, confidence and sheer will power.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    People who don't raid. You know, the vast majority of players.
    Except you can more reliably get upgrades from world quests and professions. And mythic+ won't yield actual true upgrades (reliably) until 6-8+ which most pugs won't be able to manage anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, it gives you heroic gear, not mythic.
    At the end of the week if you finish level 10 then you can get mythic ilv gears. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...thic-keystones

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Except you can more reliably get upgrades from world quests and professions. And mythic+ won't yield actual true upgrades (reliably) until 6-8+ which most pugs won't be able to manage anyways.
    70-80% of my 840 are from dungeons.. Also, pug will manage up to level 10 with time. 5 man is just easy to organize.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-09-17 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    At the end of the week if you finish level 10 then you can get mythic ilv gears. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...thic-keystones

- - - Updated - - -

70-80% of my 840 are from dungeons.. Also, pug will manage up to level 10 with time. 5 man is just easy to organize.
    A small chance, sure but that one item is usually not worth the effort if you're able to raid mythic.

843 claiming dungeons are useless when pre-raid cap is 856.

Also fucking tons of people with be running M+, because the first several stages (1-12ish) of it are snorefest easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    A small chance, sure but that one item is usually not worth the effort if you're able to raid mythic.
    That's the point.. Small percentage of people participate in mythic raiding because it demands a highly organized group. Oh and it's not a small chance. It's a guaranteed drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    lol definitely not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zardeth View Post
    Mythic dungeons are currently the highest diffculty content in the game. You have outgeared them, they are not irrelevant, they are the highest level content in the game. If you got all the best gear from a mythic raid, you wouldn't call that raid irrelevant.
    The fucked up thing is that he's ludicrously unfinished with them yet says they're pointless. 843 is awful.

mythic plus for pver's which is basically same dungeons you have done over and over just with some added little quirk to make it a little harder
    That is pretty much the whole definition of dungeons staying relevant: You don't simply overgear them, and they continue awarding valuable loot.
    Not only that, but we are already got more dungeons than WoD and we are soon getting the first dungeon patch since... late Cata?

Also not to mention Dungeon WQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    That's the point.. Small percentage of people participate in mythic raiding because it demands a highly organized group. Oh and it's not a small chance. It's a guaranteed drop.
    I doubt more people will do mythic+ 10 though.
    I actually found some to be harder than most raids in beta so unless they've nerfed mythic+ it won't be something everyone will take part in.

I guess you don't have to deal with the hardest parts of mythic raiding though, actually organizing and leading the raid.