I don’t care about the upcoming blanket nerf at all really, sure it's inconvenient when doing dailies, but as long as the overall nerfs are somewhat balanced around the board, it doesn't affect our viability in relation to other classes.

What makes me fucking ravenous is that we were not gonna do splits in first tier since we planned on gearing alts separately in m+, and now less than a week to tier release, they do a complete 180 degree turn on their m+ concept, and suddenly I'm doing full time work, coding weakauras AND sweating to gear up an alt before wednesday, while obviously grinding dailies on main, boosting guildies alts, trying to scrounge up consumables for TWO characters.

As if the daily grind wasn't irritating enough on one char.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

10+ Year Old Account
    (Hotfix in testing; to be applied with next weekly maintenance) Most abilities used by Tank specializations have had their damage reduced by 10%. Abilities which are shared with other specializations remain unchanged for those other specializations.

Looks like I have to pad 10% harder guys
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    Honestly another 10% damage nerf to Heart Strike would make it ridicolously close to the joke someone made some time ago about "Heart Strike - spend a rune".
    Let's hope for a scenario where blood doesn't get hammered hard in this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    (Hotfix in testing; to be applied with next weekly maintenance) Most abilities used by Tank specializations have had their damage reduced by 10%. Abilities which are shared with other specializations remain unchanged for those other specializations.

Looks like I have to pad 10% harder guys
    Source? 10 fucking characters. NVM just found it.

Well its effective then. Im done. No more tanking for me.
    Last edited by Grishnok; 2016-09-17 at 12:36 AM.

Why are they listening to whining DPS players complaining about tank damage?

Btw, I'm UH main and nearly all my AP is in it(13 into blood). Tanks don't come anywhere close to my damage on AOE or single target.
    Only bad DPS get outdamaged by tanks, should the game be balanced around bad players with low AP into their artifacts? I think not.

Same fucking story as every expansion. Tanks start strong since they don't scale as well as DPS, DPS cry about it in 5-man heroics which you greatly outgear, Blizz overreacts and nerfs tank damage.

Glad I rerolled dps this expansion, the direction Blizzard are taking tanks in Legion is not exactly inspiring...

Quote Originally Posted by Krisppo View Post
    Same fucking story as every expansion. Tanks start strong since they don't scale as well as DPS, DPS cry about it in 5-man heroics which you greatly outgear, Blizz overreacts and nerfs tank damage.

Glad I rerolled dps this expansion, the direction Blizzard are taking tanks in Legion is not exactly inspiring...
    Compared to other tanks I still like DK's rotation the most, but it is starting to get to the point a couple of abilities feel meaningless and a waste of a GCD to press at all.

My guess is any tank only ability that has any form of AoE is getting nerfed with this "most" word they used.

Yeah I am starting to regret not re-rolling. Way too late now since raid opens in a few days which gives me the option between quitting or simply dealing with it.

Deleted
    So a 10% nerf, hardly the end of the world. We're still going to utterly dominate any outdoor content or dungeons we overgear.

A 10% blanket nerf.... out of every spec/class in the game that is overperforming and underperforming they have to do a lazy blanket nerf on an entire role with no specific targetting ASAP?

That just feels too disconnected. It's not the end of the world, but it definitely makes me lose even more faith in the balancing team.

If it is a 10% nerf yeah that's fine, I may have overreacted but that is the long term warlock main player in me I suspect, to me nerf means find something else cause that will no longer be useful and 25% is a light nerf.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

I wonder why they couldn't have gone the other way like;

Most damage abilities by Warlocks have been increased by 10%...

Deleted
    A 10% nerf may not mean much to some people but it's is just a lazy nerf that doesn't specifically target anything. It's a last ditch/ lazy attempt to quickly solve a problem. They tell us they don't have enough data to provide class tuning and all the data they currently have is for trivial, pointless content, but they are pretty content themselves with nerfing the tank role by 10% base on the data from the trivial pointless content they just said was worthless.

This comes right after the movement speed increase on cloak nerf. Hell I can't even remember the last time Blood DK's got a buff, I think Blood Boil got buffed near the end of Hellfire Citadel? Way after most people had clear'd 13/13 M.

It's damn annoying to play a tank now. We can't be self sufficient, we can't deal damage, threat generation is trivialised. Why the fuck are tanks still in the game Blizzard?

Also when we're tanks every topping DPS outside of the huge AOE heavy trash pulls. On the bosses, where the DPS actually matters, I was never ever topping DPS. Maybe topping the odd DPS at the start that had ramp up, but if I was playing with competent people I'd never beat DPS at the end of the fight. The only time I ever beat DPS are those crap tier players, you know the ones, the ones that do like 75k DPS on a boss even though they have the +15% damage buff and are in 825+ gear.

What I've been seeing is yeah single target where I'm supposed to be, above any shitter DPS but below ones that have at least half a brain crowding them though but AE? Topping is very very easy and in the current meta of WoW groups, AE is very important at the Mythics level.

Unfortunately with the amount of AE abilities in our single target this is going to drop ST by a bit as well and also drop our self heals by a not inconsiderable amount could be a slightly rough time until actual tuning.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope those 10% nerfs don't touch blood plague, consumption or heart strike. It would make that heart strike talent that a lot of people skip even worse, make our VB golden trait worse, and well it would obviously make consumption worse. Consumption as it stands is pretty bad with few or a single targets.

Universal tank nerfs don't bother me, as long as it's done intelligently. Ill be annoyed if they touch the abilities that actually effect our healing capabilities. Something tells me that isn't going to happen though. Same goes for my DH, so many of their abilities are fire damage meaning that their self healing from their golden trait will be effected by any kind of damage nerf.

It's puzzling that they are reacting like this after saying they wouldn't react like this. Tanks are usually pretty strong out the gate and only really exceed damage wise at upfront burst, or AoE in general. Single target is nothing to write home about, and we usually don't scale nearly as well as DPS do. One of the reasons we are even doing half decent damage right now is because our first 34 points give to damage in addition to stamina, where DPS only get stamina. Once they start dipping into their bonus set of 20 traits that only effect % damage (while we get % stam) it should flip in their favor even more.

Historically tanks are strong in world content and disgusting on AoE in dungeons. Basically all forms of content at the moment.

I'm more upset about them capping mythic+ to 850 the first week. As a guild that doesn't do split runs, I was happy at the prospect of being able to do them throughout the week as it's much easier to form groups outside of regular raid time in a 5 man format. I just hope one of the reasons wasn't to help guilds who do actually perform splits feel not as overwhelmed in the first week (like that's even possible). Not really upset with Karazhans iLvL (can still WF/TF, will likely have sets that make it better theoretically than stuff in EN), nor am I upset with the amount of loot that drops from Mythic+ now. I think 2 is low balling it, but 5 pieces of loot is indeed absurd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Not really upset with Karazhans iLvL (can still WF/TF, will likely have sets that make it better theoretically than stuff in EN), nor am I upset with the amount of loot that drops from Mythic+ now. I think 2 is low balling it, but 5 pieces of loot is indeed absurd.
    The question is how they're implementing the loot that drops. The bluepost said "2 items for the group", but is that in a chest with Group Loot (what happens if you set it on Personal?), or do 2 members of your group get loot out of the chest? If it's the 1st option even for PL, does that mean my group can get items they can't use? Because a Group Loot - Personal mix (as in, everybody can open the chest, but it contains only items the group can actually use) would be a new system afaik, and they didn't really specify.

Well, at least frost won't feel as bad with the 10% nerf to tanks lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Well, at least frost won't feel as bad with the 10% nerf to tanks lmao
    I like the positivity!
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    I like the positivity!
    It's a rare sight in this part of the forums!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    [*]Mythic+ loot nerfed to ilvl850 1 week before releleasing it
    That only applies for the first week though?

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    That only applies for the first week though?
    Yes, first week 850 that can proc to 895.

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...25701188575232