Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I am saying you're the one who doens't have a clue hence you're excusing the posters racist comment.

I really don't understand why you're making excuses for the poster's comment lol.
    There's still no reason why his comment was racist. It's just a slang term for a mom. He wasn't really even coming down on anyone but for the fact she forgot an extra 'e'.

What else is new.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many place names have become personal names? Are you familiar with this being a common theme in English? You being able to read latin and greek doesn't mean shit when there are literally people who have taken the place name for a personal name. You act as if place name will always be a place name. It's like sitting here saying that surnames can never become given names because they're surnames, and often enough they are surnames based off some place.

There are quite a few people with the name as a surname, and there are a little over a thousand with the given name in this country. It could very well be different there. I would venture to say more people could have the name over there than here.

I don't know whether you know this or not, but we do live in a world were things constantly change... where place names indeed become personal names.
    You are claiming it is a Latin Biblical name, which is not true, it is like claiming 'Ass' is a Latin Biblical name due to an ass being mentioned in the Bible.

That people can call their child Tyre is not proof of it being a personal name in Latin or Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    There's still no reason why his comment was racist. It's just a slang term for a mom. He wasn't really even coming down on anyone but for the fact she forgot an extra 'e'.
    You're talking about a poster who referred to non-europeans in Europe as trash, and has called black people dindu nuffins which we know is a racist comment... so um no.. him saying "mammy" isn't some fucking "slang mistake" he has a history of racist posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You are claiming it is a Latin Biblical name, which is not true, it is like claiming 'Ass' is a Latin Biblical name due to an ass being mentioned in the Bible.

That people can call their child Tyre is not proof of it being a personal name in Latin or Greek.
    It's like claiming Myra is a biblical name because it's a given name now and a name of a place in the bible hence a bibical name.

Nothing news worthy here. At 13 he knew right from wrong. He was already a worthless punk using a weapon to rob people. He ran from the police and when cornered made the choice to pull his weapon on officers. I will be the first to admit that there are some cops who are bullies with a badge and shouldn't be cops, but I will also be the first to admit that punk lives don't matter (regardless of skin color a punk is still a punk), and sometimes you get what you got coming to you. As was stated above, this definitely falls into the play stupid games, win stupid prizes category. Crooks and thugs don't deserve special treatment or consideration, and I am so tired of folks trying to tell us they should.

You're talking about a poster who referred to non-europeans in Europe as trash, and has called black people dindu nuffins which we know is a racist comment... so um no.. him saying "mammy" isn't some fucking "slang mistake" he has a history of racist posts.
    So then mammy isn't racist, he is. k.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...he has a history of racist posts.
    Pot meet kettle.

It's like claiming Myra is a biblical name because it's a given name now and a name of a place in the bible hence a bibical name.
    If it is not a Latin, Greek or Hebrew personal name, then it is not a Latin Biblical name. Apparently even the pronunciation is not consistent with it being taken from the Latin or Greek, you have stretched so much that you probably have a hernia.

So Thermus still thinks this guy would've just as likely been some Greek/jewish kid going to sunday school, as a black kid?

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-11-05 at 09:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    If you point a realistic looking gun at a cop you deserve to be shot.
    Alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And it not being a "Actual Weapon" was unknown until after he was shot. It was called in as a real weapon because it looked like a real weapon. There was pics posted a few pages back on how it looked. That is dam near a 1:1 look like a real gun, cops are not going to risk there lives to play is it real or not.
    There are much safer jobs out there than police officer if someone wants to stay safe. I don't want cops to be shot anymore than you do, but part of the job is putting yourself at risk to protect and serve. The existence of realistic but fake guns is something that officers should bear in mind, especially when dealing with youth. At least two (the article mentions multiple officers but not how many) armed officers facing one armed kid; police have been able to secure surrender from genuinely armed adults without firing a shot.

It's easy to say the situation could have been handled better I know; talk is cheap. But the amount of people I see not only unsurprised by the kid's death but practically reveling in it is something I find troubling. People can turn their lives around, especially that young; we'll never know in this case though.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    If you make enough excuses you can pretty much justify any criminal acts, but he knew what he was getting himself into and got the same response most logic people would expect to get. For example if I wanted to drive around blind folded because I think it is fun, does that mean I shouldn't be surprised when the cops shoot at me after I don't stop? What if I have fun driving around while blind folded though? Why should I die because I wanted to have fun?
    No one's justifying the kid's actions. It seems like people are pretty quick to justify his killing though. I'm not surprised he was killed, I am a little surprised that so many people think it's a good thing and that he deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Pull a weapon on a cop after robbing a store at gun point and see how long you last.
    Probably not very long, I'm sure. Is that a good thing? Should cops be encouraged to kill potential suspects as quickly as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What someone "deserves" isn't really all that relevant in a context where the police have no choice but to treat him as an active shooter.
    An active shooter is someone killing or attempting to kill civilians indiscriminately in a populated area with firearms. The officers had cornered two kids in an alley, no word of any other civilians close by, I don't think that qualifies.

It's worth bearing in mind that the officers approached the kids as potential suspects for questioning, they hadn't identified them as involved in the robbery yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    That's also assuming he actually did have a toy gun. Given that at least 25-40% of cops are criminals, its reasonably plausible they saw black, yelled stop, and when the child flipped out, they opened fire, and said he had a gun.
    This is the most slanderous, unsubstantiated, and ignorant post I have ever seen on the Internet. I really hope you are never in a position to infect others with your idiocy in any meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    So Thermus still thinks this guy would've just as likely been some Greek/jewish kid going to sunday school, as a black kid?
    I didn't think anything of his race, only his age was important to me.

How am I reaching. It's literally a Latin biblical name. Who said he had to be Jewish biblical names are popular among people of all faiths and plenty of people have Hebrew names and aren't Jewish.
    What do you figure the frequency of Jews in Columbus involved in police incidents is relative to black kids?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think anything of his race, only his age was important to me.
    You've already stated that you didn't bother to read the article before commenting, we get that.

Perhaps read before posting in future, I know that might sound like a crazy thing to do, but it is generally accepted as better than commenting based on the headline alone.

You've already stated that you didn't bother to read the article before commenting, we get that.

Perhaps read before posting in future, I know that might sound like a crazy thing to do, but it is generally accepted as better than commenting based on the headline alone.
    So is the story I have in my head wrong? Was this kid not a thief who ran and his two friends left him and then he pointed a fake gun at a cop that led to him being killed? Do I have any of that wrong? Becuase that's the only important part of the story to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What do you figure the frequency of Jews in Columbus involved in police incidents is relative to black kids?
    Why does he have to be Jewish? He could have been latino or white with a biblical name.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is the story I have in my head wrong? Was this kid not a thief who ran and his two friends left him and then he pointed a fake gun at a cop that led to him being killed? Do I have any of that wrong? Becuase that's the only important part of the story to me.
    How did you get that info without reading the OP/article? The part about his two friends leaving him comes two paragaphs after the mention that he is black, so something is amiss with your story.

Why does he have to be Jewish? He could have been latino or white with a biblical name.
    He still didn't have a Biblical name, unless you accept the premise that 'Ass' (pronounced incorrectly) is also a Biblical name, which is moronic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Okay. So we're back to "There's no way he understands what he did", which is a fucking laugh riot. And if does matter, especially since you want to argue adults don't understand threatening people with murder for personal gain.

Either way, welcome to the "I'm not defending him, but let me trivialize what he did or claim he couldn't no better" group that brings me hope for great entertainment in the future. I hope the next crime you undersell is kidnapping.
    Ok, i´ll just let you argue against whatever made up point you´re arguing against. I never trivialized what he did nor that he couldn´t know better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

How did you get that info without reading the OP/article? The part about his two friends leaving him comes two paragaphs after the mention that he is black, so something is amiss with your story.

He still didn't have a Biblical name, unless you accept the premise that 'Ass' (pronounced incorrectly) is also a Biblical name, which is moronic.
    I heared it on the news first, they didn't show any pictures or even mention his race.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    It's almost as bad as being named Mercedes, Bentley, or some other car they can't afford.
    The car company was actually named after a daughter not the other way around, mercedes is a name and has always been.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I heared it on the news first, they didn't show any pictures or even mention his race.
    His name is TYREE KANG, he got shot by a cop for pulling a gun and it's made national news for some fucking reason. You can't figure out the race? So, you aren't able to recognize patterns or something?

p.s. I do it to trigger you.
    Working on my next ban.