Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    How? According to SimC it should be impossible because I have close to BIS tank gear and I am only at around 120-145k
    Sims aren't intended to reflect one minute encounters which will be skewed by burst, most are around 6 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great way to deal with things, there are still huge outliers in regards to AoE DPS both at the top and the bottom and the way they deal with it is by nerfing 1 DPS (even though there are still 6+ high end outliers and many more low end ones) and baseline nerfing tanks by 10% instead of targetting DH/Pala/DK damage specifically.

/clap

There is a lot more to be said but the amount of bias and misinformation in this thread is so mind boggling it's not even worth wading through to try and elaborate to people who are misinformed on game/tank mechanics in general as to why they are wrong.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    You all realize it doesn't really matter how much dps a tank does compared to the rest of the group so long as they know how to position a mob/boss and keep threat right? They could nerf me (Blood DK) by 50% i wouldnt really give a shit
    Right now I do between 225K and 245k overall DPS as Blood with highest LFD buff, more with better players. That's nothing to scoff at, especially since most damage is trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    What? lol 400k? I'm not talking about burst damage at the start of the fight. I'm talking about when the fight ends that's the overall dps. I can burst up to 400k dps as Unholy at the start but after bloodlust and my army of the dead ghouls die off then it drops pretty significantly. I usually end most fights at 250k dps unless everybody kills the thing before BL ends. Also there is literally not a single dps class that is simming over 350k dps right now in current gear so it's literally impossible for people to be pulling 400k non burst dps. DH tanks are doing more dps than certain dps specs on single target soo... yeah no it isn't him or us, it's the spec.
    All the aoe specs can manage 300k ST at the end of hte fight, things like S2M will manage 400k.

If the whole group was doing 300k under such circumstances I'd imagine it'd only be higher, even.

I'm not sure if you udnerstand sims are 5 minutes long whereas your average boss is less than 2 with half decent dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Knightwolve View Post
    Sims aren't intended to reflect one minute encounters which will be skewed by burst, most are around 6 minutes.
    https://i.gyazo.com/fadcda978f671fb5...cd24762ef4.png

25k sims, 60 sec, elite player, almost BIS.

I suppose it would be possible with adds and suchs. But not something that could be possible on most bosses, because most hc / mythics bosses aint patchwerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    Let's take 4 tanks and a healer into mythics! Could be awesome
    Not sure what the joke here is. Top guilds have even been doing clothie only runs just because it's more efficient for gearing and it's absurdly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    EVERYONE loses with a tank DPS nerf, not just the tank.
    You realize two tank cms have been a thing even the last addon around ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    https://i.gyazo.com/fadcda978f671fb5...cd24762ef4.png

25k sims, 60 sec, elite player, almost BIS.

I suppose it would be possible with adds and suchs. But not something that could be possible on most bosses, because most hc / mythics bosses aint patchwerk.
    You aren't geared for DPS, unless you changed your stats inside SC. Did you run the profile with your character or did you use custom gear?
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    You aren't geared for DPS, unless you changed your stats inside SC. Did you run the profile with your character or did you use custom gear?
    I am sorry? I said I had close to it. Most of my gear is mastery / haste.
    Anyhow, I ran same profile again with DPS as scaling and this was the ranking:
    Haste > Agi > Crit ~= Vers > Mastery

I even used 60s, PATCHWERK and ELITE player. Which means, unless the person that did 220k dps on VH bosses had 100 % bis gear and dps trinkets, didnt move. I find it abit unlikely, because you gotta more on VH bosses. But I suppose it IS possible, still it's not something I believe is a norm, rather just on a few selected bosses.

At the same time, I am no pro with simC so do not take my word for it. It's just my inputs and I might be wrong. I still think the 10 % reduction is needed.
    Tanks shouldnt be doing DPS. They should be taking the DPS.

EDIT: But then again, I had a mage doing 620k dps on the first boss in Eye of Azshara and average 350k on all bosses but I dont see people calling for dps nerf for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightwolve View Post
    So if the classes are balanced to be close in dps in a 6 minute fight then the classes that also excel in the one minute fights on top of that win the game. Historically being the back loaded dps has generally been a liability when compared to the front loaded dps. The back loaded dps tend to struggle with huge sums of ramp up time and don't do enough extra damage when all their ducks are in a row to offset all the quick burst times when their dps is shit. Even when it is, we're talking Patchwerk and Saurfang Jr. type fights that aren't likely to give a guild serious problems on progression. It's the multitarget kill-the-adds-fast move like a mother buzzer on demand nukedown encounters that give guilds nightmares and guess who dominates those? Front loaded dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    So this guy is pretty insane. The simple answer to this is easy: Try beating a guardian druid in any form of aoe battle. They fucking own atm. Too much.
    I've no idea what game the OP is playing and not noticing the disparity in tank AOE.
    Certainly not WoW Legion.

After all, it's 100% the Shadow Priest's fault their spec has literally no reasonable AE damage.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks should be tanks.

More news at 11.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    for under performing , fine you want longer PVE dungeon runs DPSers your wish is granted
    So if feral is doing low aoe he is lazy? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    Let's take 4 tanks and a healer into mythics! Could be awesome
    So long as you realize that this won't necessarily mean you can pull 4 groups of mobs, the tank with the highest damage will be taking agro of all bar taunted mobs, and when it's M+ you won't be able to handle that (I assume).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Not sure what the joke here is. Top guilds have even been doing clothie only runs just because it's more efficient for gearing and it's absurdly possible.
    Who tanks in all clothie run? Or is it more a CC comp? Sounds like it could take a while.

All leather group, now that's easily doable...heck all druid is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    So you think tanks should have almost comparable dps to dps specs and have all their survival skills as well?
    No, I mean the tanks dps was too high, at ridiculous level even...

Ahhh... good. One less rage-induced and salt-eating tank in the queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    for under performing , fine you want longer PVE dungeon runs DPSers your wish is granted
    Would you like cheese with your whine sir?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

People seem to forget... in a full pug group you get a 15% damage increase. Ill also say this, if we are both 840+ ilvl and I am out dpsing you as a tank. Please learn your class, reroll, or quit the game. I do not out dps any dps in my guild at all cause they are all good players.
    And people wonder why so little people are willing to roll tank... shit like this.

People are constantly bitching about the most fun parts about being a tank when they are not a tank, Which causes us too lose it and then Reroll, Or like me quit during WoD.

During WoD they destroyed what had made me love tanking again, what had made me continue to play the game after a time where I wanted to quit (Cata). MoP and the beginning of WoD were the best times I have ever had as a tank, cause he had more meaning behind us then to just be meat shields. We contributed more then just our HP pool.

So screw off trying too have us nerfed because you cannot be bothered to learn your class and perform better. Or because you decided to roll a shadow priest. Let us enjoy the game too.
    Last edited by Burnick; 2016-09-17 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnick View Post
    People seem to forget... in a full pug group you get a 15% damage increase. Ill also say this, if we are both 840+ ilvl and I am out dpsing you as a tank. Please learn your class, reroll, or quit the game. I do not out dps any dps in my guild at all cause they are all good players.
    And people wonder why so little people are willing to roll tank... shit like this.

People are constantly bitching about the most fun parts about being a tank when they are not a tank, Which causes us too lose it and then Reroll, Or like me quit during WoD.

During WoD they destroyed what had made me love tanking again, what had made me continue to play the game after a time where I wanted to quit (Cata). MoP and the beginning of WoD were the best times I have ever had as a tank, cause he had more meaning behind us then to just be meat shields. We contributed more then just our HP pool.

So screw off trying too have us nerfed because you cannot be bothered to learn your class and perform better. Or because you decided to roll a shadow priest. Let us enjoy the game too.
    It's not the Shadow Priest's fault they have a big ramp up time. Don't shame someone for rolling a Shadow priest.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi