Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They mentioned upcoming balance adjustments. Don't be so quick to doom-call.

I'll take less survivability any day if it means I can actually properly do damage. I would like a baseline AoE as destruction though, or at least no windup on Rain of Fire considering how pathetic it is. Playing any warlock spec in dungeons feels like an exercise in frustration because no matter what spec you play you're missing some vital tool that every other class has but you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post

I'll take less survivability any day if it means I can actually properly do damage. I would like a baseline AoE as destruction though, or at least no windup on Rain of Fire considering how pathetic it is. Playing any warlock spec in dungeons feels like an exercise in frustration because no matter what spec you play you're missing some vital tool that every other class has but you.
    If warlocks get any less survivability we'll be approaching mage levels of tankiness. The main difference then being they have a useful blink, and ice block to cheese mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    If warlocks get any less survivability we'll be approaching mage levels of tankiness. The main difference then being they have a useful blink, and ice block to cheese mechanics.
    Maybe, but we don't have to sacrifice a GCD for our durability and it can either be passive and stronger than Ice Barrier or active and Sac Pact allows us to have a huge "oh shit" cooldown while continuing to DPS(even if ice block and immunity as a whole is insanely good for raiding situations). We'd still be generally tankier than mages. Warlocks are a little crazy when it comes to durability right now, although it leaves a bad taste in my mouth if they remove Drain Life for non-affliction warlocks as well. Sure it wasn't amazingly useful but for destruction it actually wasn't all that far behind Incinerate in damage until your artifact is level 30 so it could easily be weaved in during healer panic moments.

All in all, though, the class will be doing fine because we'll have Circle back (competing with Mortal Coil and Shadowfury after patch, which are both garbage honestly) as long as they take a second look at how utterly trash warlock class design is and make genuine effort to give us some kind of value other than "shitty fire mage/shadow priest".
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-09-17 at 10:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turan View Post
    just let see.. we had shadowfury, howl of fear, blood horror so we had simultan one castable fear and one another cc. we had circe AND gateway. we got one ability of sacrificed dameon, what we get now? nothing. because we have only one cc what is need to cast just imposible to do 2v1. and impossible to 1v1 classes like avarage rogs, monks, boomkins, skilled rets, warriors.

we have no mobility because we r tanky, but tankines is depend on drainlife and pvp talents around it. and when u figth with melee what have short cd silence and cc ur fucked. and he unending resolve have 3min cd for 5sec action time? and ur not immune to stun effects in resolve. so what the story? u call resolve->instant fear/stun.

and if the oponent not skillful just have some selfheal u will run our of mana in a short time->lifetap->die.. U RUN OUT OF MANNA IN PVP REALY?????

and rogs... i they open u from thealth ur dead just like in under lvl20 pvp, and the fun part just come: u dot him, cast on him 3-4 stack unstable alfiction->cloack of shadow, and ur fucked.

the warlock now just pain in ass, we lost the cc's, the mobility the power to controll the figth.
    What has ANY of this got to do with the thread, which was about the PTR changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post

I know it's too early to say anything, but when they are so quick to remove the only good thing we had so far(survivability) one dreads what other changes may follow
    Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulkgra View Post
    I know it's too early to say anything, but when they are so quick to remove the only good thing we had so far(survivability) one dreads what other changes may follow
    That's pretty valid. I did kinda do a double-take when the first news we see is that we've been nerfed again. I expected that nerf, honestly, but it still rubs me the wrong way.

At the same time, a switch of talents to better balance the class's practical defensive tools is a way easier change than a minor redesign or a total balance adjustment, and there's a possibility said balance adjustment won't be for 7.1 but rather the week after EN'd release. That's my hope anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxtor View Post
    What? Both Demo and Affliction have had to use Life Tap religiously, and as of recently if Destro isn't specced into Reverse Entropy it will as well.
    When running solo I never have to use life tap since I'm specced into RE and when in a group I've a healer to get me back up.
    I really dont see the problem in removing drain life for destro, it's a useless spell, hopefully it's not a bug and that we will get some traits thats actually making a difference.

Cry me a river locks. Bunch of whiny little brats There is lot of other casters that are in worse state than locks

Infracted - Woz
    Last edited by Woz; 2016-09-18 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post

So now beside doing low damage now warlocks will have survivability nerfed, this means its time to reroll, blizzard decide that warlocks arent a viable class any longer!
    Hardly.

Demonic Circle now being in the 45 lvl row, just means you can now pick Mortal Coil to have an extra heal (as if warlocks didn't had enough already) for emergencies, and demon skin being in the 75 row just means you gotta pick between a smaller permanent bubble, or a bigger temporal bubble.

Warlocks still have their tank pets, still have an insane heal with no CD that does a respectable damage (Drain Life, which happens to be your main attack as affliction) still have soul stones, still have health stones, still have the infernal.......

Stop being a drama queen, warlocks are fine.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Mykk View Post
    Cry me a river locks. Bunch of whiny little brats There is lot of other casters that are in worse state than locks
    Are you even playing this game right now? There is only one and it's ele shaman. Mages worst specs, frost and arcane are even better than all the lock specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykk View Post
    Like? Shadow priests? They just got a 10% damage buff across the board on the PTR. Their playstyle is far better than anything warlocks have

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Like? Shadow priests? They just got a 10% damage buff across the board on the PTR. Their playstyle is far better than anything warlocks have
    They have a big ramp up. I know warlocks do to but let's not act like warlocks are the big victim. There's plenty of unfairness in classes across the board.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Really? Yeah I guess your best talent killing you and being only viable choice, while having insane AoE ramp for subpar results is "better than anything warlocks have".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Really? Yeah I guess your best talent killing you and being only viable choice, while having insane AoE ramp for subpar results is "better than anything warlocks have".
    They are the best ST ranged spec in the game, so yeah...that's much more valuable than anything Warlocks bring to the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    They are the best ST ranged spec in the game, so yeah...that's much more valuable than anything Warlocks bring to the table.
    You mean to say second best... as best so far is Demonology Warlock... but okay, keep fighting the good fight.

In any case, clearly Single Target is absolutely more valuable than just about everything else...

Deleted
    Idk guys when i see comments like i havent used drain life the past 2 expansions (or smthing similar) i am srsly wondering if we play the same class, or if you ever step out of Raids..Or idk maybe you and your groups play like clockwork and you dont ever have to step out of the perfect dmg rotation. Beats me. (i wont even touch pvp..)

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Why?

Really curious, its a spell that optimally would never be cast ever. Its got its use in pvp, but really if you're trying to drain tank in pvp as destro I don't really see why you wouldn't just play aff. Would be so much better suited if they just gave destro some kind of proper passive regen like the other specs have instead of a spell we never want to cast.
    Soulstone is another spell that optimally would never be casted...but its good to have and lifesaver
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-09-17 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    You mean to say second best... as best so far is Demonology Warlock... but okay, keep fighting the good fight.
    In real encounters, not ones where you can stand still and cast all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    In real encounters, not ones where you can stand still and cast all day.
    Yes because Shadow Priest is so mobile, do you know what happens when they have to move during Void Form and are not in S2M? It's not pleasant.

But well really we will just see it soon anyway. One advantage Spriest has over Demo is that main spriests will have artifact pumped up, while there are much less main Demo players on the other hand.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-09-17 at 08:43 PM.

Deleted
    Well yeah, if you're going to ignore their most important talent, sure, Shadow Priest might be worse than Demo. Besides, Shadow Priest needs just as much attention as Warlocks, so even if Demo performs better than them, that's still meaningless.
    Last edited by mmocf11091e3a8; 2016-09-17 at 08:49 PM.

Yes because Shadow Priest is so mobile, do you know what happens when they have to move during Void Form and are not in S2M? It's not pleasant.

But well really we will just see it soon anyway. One advantage Spriest has over Demo is that main spriests will have artifact pumped up, while there are much less main Demo players on the other hand.
    Surrender priest is the top ranged class above Demo. Don't blindly follow sims, 846 with 17 traits in demo optimized haste I do about 265k avg while a guildy spriest hits 300k routinely, both players being from the top 3night guild.

Want to know more? He cleaves 2 target harder than destro can and is better on 3-5 targets than aff. Anything above 7 that dies FAST destro/aff win there.

I just can't come to terms with Warlock not excelling at anything, we aren't in the worst position as that belongs to Ret and Ele but that doesn't mean other classes don't need to be toned down or warlocks to have a few buffs.
    Last edited by Roidzilla; 2016-09-17 at 08:55 PM.