Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Dro only kills your army if you let him. It doesnt matter where he attacks you. He will only kill your withered if you dont control him.

Every class has a stun or root, use it.
    Again, did you even read my post?

Go back and read, instead of parroting "stun and root stun and root" every time you hear someone say the boss' name.

Deleted
    Yes and you could've and should've run back immediatly. Your withered do not attack unless you attack first. Fighting him there is a terrible idea. Simply running up the stairs and moving back a bit would've solved this. Not saying it was entirely your fault, it's a terrible position for it to happen but you could've mitigated the damage he (or mostly the arcanes) did by a lot.

Dro only kills your army if you let him. It doesnt matter where he attacks you. He will only kill your withered if you dont control him.

Every class has a stun or root, use it.
    Yeah. No. You ever looked at classes such as shamans, especially enhancement? They have EITHER a Stun or a Root. The Stun is almost mandatory given the arcane elementals and their explosion at the end. The root also breaks instantly. Try hitting Dro with the capacitor totem when he starts charging around. Good luck friend. It takes 3 seconds to wind up before stunning in a tiny AoE.

Stun him in advance and he will charge around the moment he gets out. Which means the only choice for some classes is to kill him asap so he can't do much damage.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2016-09-17 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Yes and you could've and should've run back immediatly.
    Both of the arcane mobs were already pulled. No amount of running would have saved me.

R E A D:

the knockback of him running into my Withered knocked them towards the stationary arcane mob
    None of them attacked. They got knocked back towards other mobs.

Deleted
    Actually, it's your withered jumping back to get out of their dead zone. Thus if you had run back the moment she screamed "Watch out!".

Actually, it's your withered jumping back to get out of their dead zone.
    You do know that mobs running into your Withered knocks them back, right?

Thus if you had run back the moment she screamed "Watch out!"
    The problem is, she screamed "Watch out!" as soon as I pulled one of the arcane mobs.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-17 at 05:59 PM.

Yeah. No. You ever looked at classes such as shamans, especially enhancement? They have EITHER a Stun or a Root. The Stun is almost mandatory given the arcane elementals and their explosion at the end. The root also breaks instantly. Try hitting Dro with the capacitor totem when he starts charging around. Good luck friend. It takes 3 seconds to wind up before stunning in a tiny AoE.

Stun him in advance and he will charge around the moment he gets out. Which means the only choice for some classes is to kill him asap so he can't do much damage.
    Yeah, either a stun or root but you have 1. And the root doesnt matter if it breaks instantly it only needs to effect him for a split second to cancel his charge. If you cant kill him before he casts it again you dont have enough withered.

Shaman is one of the more difficult classes for it yes, but you still have options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Again, did you even read my post?

Go back and read, instead of parroting "stun and root stun and root" every time you hear someone say the boss' name.
    I did read, you got 'ambushed' by pulling too much and lost all your withered to Dro. I told you how to stop him from killing your withered.

Start with ten withered.
    Unlock that door in the beginning, but skip it till the end.
    Thats what i figured out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You do know that mobs running into your Withered knocks them back, right?
    Actually they aren't knocked back for the most part as much as they jump back. The withered work a lot like the old hunter did. They have a dead zone in which they can't attack. To solve this Blizzard gave them a disengage i.e they jump back when to close to the enemy. They still sometimes wind up in the "bad spot" where they are to close to attack but not close enough to disengage thus they just stand around idle.

And no, this doesn't change anything about the situation you were in!

The problem is, she screamed "Watch out!" as soon as I pulled one of the arcane mobs.
    Well for the future you now know not to do that. It's safer to engage the patrolling one when it comes up the stairs anyway rather than to move down and engage it closer to the stationary one. That way you would've just dealt with Dru + possibly one meaning you would've come out a lot less bad for wear.

Yeah, either a stun or root but you have 1. And the root doesnt matter if it breaks instantly it only needs to effect him for a split second to cancel his charge. If you cant kill him before he casts it again you dont have enough withered.

Shaman is one of the more difficult classes for it yes, but you still have options.
    Root is NOT an option. I've entirely cleared the entire thing and you need the stun. It's mandatory. Which means the only thing you have against Dro is a tiny AoE stun that needs to wind up for three seconds. Hitting him with it when he starts charging around is more luck than anything. Best way to deal with him is to burst him down with all CDs in a somewhat secure location.

Fairly sure that anon would've managed to not lose any withered if it had been Dro alone. 18 withered enraged should be able to deal with Dro without losing too many of them.

Actually they aren't knocked back for the most part as much as they jump back. The withered work a lot like the old hunter did. They have a dead zone in which they can't attack. To solve this Blizzard gave them a disengage i.e they jump back when to close to the enemy. They still sometimes wind up in the "bad spot" where they are to close to attack but not close enough to disengage thus they just stand around idle.
    "knocked back", "automatically jumping back when a mob is close", there's no fucking difference there.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    Naw man, they permanently boost your army, which is why it's really helpful to go for the medium chests first, since they give boosts to your entire army and not just a single unit.
    not only those but all those + 25 % dmg + 25 % health less chance for them ti run away , berserkers , those who see invisible chests - it all stacks - people are just in too much hurry wanting to clear whole scenario in 1 go when they dont relaise that that does most work in there is the army not them
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-09-17 at 07:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did they change anything or did I just snowball up? Last time I didn't even scratch Dro and this time I not only managed to kill him but also I didn't lose a single withered :O
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitanii View Post
    Did they change anything or did I just snowball up? Last time I didn't even scratch Dro and this time I not only managed to kill him but also I didn't lose a single withered :O
    It seems his hp (and some of the other bosses, elfbreaker seems unchanged) has been substantially reduced, I annihilated him yesterday, dude dropped in about 15 seconds

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any point to doing Withered training after getting exalted with Nightfallen and if you already have all the chests?

If it is worth it, does the "main objective" quest get to its maximum value at a specific score, or do I need to keep doing a full clear every time?>

Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    Is there any point to doing Withered training after getting exalted with Nightfallen and if you already have all the chests?

If it is worth it, does the "main objective" quest get to its maximum value at a specific score, or do I need to keep doing a full clear every time?>
    After you are exalted with Nightfallen and have all the chests (do you have the fox mount and pets?) you can stop. You get max rep at 375 score which gives 425 rep. Be advised however that score does not appear to affect drop rates in the end chest for the mount.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    After you are exalted with Nightfallen and have all the chests (do you have the fox mount and pets?) you can stop. You get max rep at 375 score which gives 425 rep. Be advised however that score does not appear to affect drop rates in the end chest for the mount.
    The end chest has a chance to drop a fox mount? So each 3 days to get a chance at the mount, just pay your 400 AM and then end to get your chest? (Assuming score doesn't matter, and I'm exalted with Nightfallen).

I haven't seen a chest at the end of the scenario the last few times I've done it. Do you have to kill all the bosses? Since I have all the upgrades, I haven't seen a single larger chest anywhere.

As for tips, go slowly, keep aggro on yourself, enrage your army on bigger mobs. And get the buffs from the nightfallen. You won't be able to get far on your first run because you don't have enough withered, just get some chests for upgrades (look on wowhead).

Right now the most annoying thing about Dro is finding him. 15 mins to find him after clearing everything in his path, 5 secs to kill.

The first few runs on a new character I just heavily focus on chests, prioritizing the 5-man ones, while always having 8-10 withered left after a chest. That's enough to clear non-boss areas if you're careful. In the first run where there are no more chests to be found in the area before the area that Leystalker Dro patrols in, I slowly start clearing the area that he patrols, going up the first ramp with an Arcane mob and then make my way to the door that has 3 Withered and a large chest in it. If I'm lucky I might be able to enter one of the other two side-rooms that house a boss (and a chest). Depending on the class I either clear it carefully or I just rush towards a medium/large chest and try to get it out before me or my withered die.

The goal is to get my army fully upgraded before trying to push for a full clear. With full upgrades there's no reason to start a run with 20 withered. Only one character of me (got 3 that I do the scenario with) can even hold the 2000 mana required. Fully upgraded you only need to start with 12 withered to comfortably clear it. I don't need to do any farming for these runs this way. My main gains enough mana while questing (has more WQs unlocked) and my monk gains enough mana from being a dual-gatherer. Any +50/100 mana crystals that I find on those 2 characters are sent to my druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I haven't seen a chest at the end of the scenario the last few times I've done it. Do you have to kill all the bosses? Since I have all the upgrades, I haven't seen a single larger chest anywhere.

As for tips, go slowly, keep aggro on yourself, enrage your army on bigger mobs. And get the buffs from the nightfallen. You won't be able to get far on your first run because you don't have enough withered, just get some chests for upgrades (look on wowhead).

Right now the most annoying thing about Dro is finding him. 15 mins to find him after clearing everything in his path, 5 secs to kill.

I got everything on my first two runs (both full clears), haven't had any chests spawn since. Such a cool concept, lasted 2 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    The first few runs on a new character I just heavily focus on chests, prioritizing the 5-man ones, while always having 8-10 withered left after a chest. That's enough to clear non-boss areas if you're careful. In the first run where there are no more chests to be found in the area before the area that Leystalker Dro patrols in, I slowly start clearing the area that he patrols, going up the first ramp with an Arcane mob and then make my way to the door that has 3 Withered and a large chest in it. If I'm lucky I might be able to enter one of the other two side-rooms that house a boss (and a chest). Depending on the class I either clear it carefully or I just rush towards a medium/large chest and try to get it out before me or my withered die.

The goal is to get my army fully upgraded before trying to push for a full clear. With full upgrades there's no reason to start a run with 20 withered. Only one character of me (got 3 that I do the scenario with) can even hold the 2000 mana required. Fully upgraded you only need to start with 12 withered to comfortably clear it. I don't need to do any farming for these runs this way. My main gains enough mana while questing (has more WQs unlocked) and my monk gains enough mana from being a dual-gatherer. Any +50/100 mana crystals that I find on those 2 characters are sent to my druid.
    People seem way over cautious with this, i done full clears on my first two runs. I just let my withered go mayhem the majority of the time. They can kill everything without an issue, the "bosses" die in a few seconds. Dro dies in a few seconds also just stun him.

I finished with ~700 score and 50 withered on both of my runs and i now no longer have chests spawn on my runs.

First full run I ended with 61 dudes before going back to get chests - 4 big and 4 medium.
    Let's just say everything died quite fast, including Dro.
    Second time, now with all the upgrades, opened berserker doors, somehow survived after pulling most of the arcane elementals, then simply melted everything till the end and grabbed last upgrades (723 score, I think), but the berserkers in your team actually sucks, 40 something half dead withered left.

Now, i will do it only for two reasons, which is reputation - maybe only 3 more runs to get max, and the protection paladin hidden appearance. I have almost all toys already.

Not sure if there is any point afterwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    1) play tank
    2) win

in fact, being a tank in general seems to be a good thing to be in Legion .. easy world quest solos, instant queues ..
    Fact. Won't even deny it.

I did it as Holy-Paladin and as an Enhancer-Shaman. Healing the Withered is nearly pointless. The healed health also seems to decay, im not really sure what happens to their HP-Bars there. Damaging is... well... being quick. But thats it. Going Prot-Paladin made it much easier tho. In fact i get through perfectly now that i got some update-chest but the Elfbreaker-room kills a lot. Funny enough: NOT because of Elfbreaker but because of the fucking tiny spiders going EVERYWHERE...

different experiences with the scenario come down to class and spec but more so to level of upgrades to the withered and sheer numbers. Starting with 20 withered is an entirely different experience than starting with 10 or even 15. The damage increase is pretty big. The upgrades make even more of a difference. I cleared the entire thing (every single last mob) the last two times with ease as enhancement shaman after getting all the upgrades. Stuff simply dies in a single stun, even the bosses.

So if you're struggling, grab chests to upgrade your withered and bring more of them. Your experience will tremendously improve.
    Especially the part with the number of withered is true. Its really worth it heading to Suramar, bringing your counter up to 2000 so you start out with 20. Its not really much time required and when you start off with so many it becomes very easy to go through it even against the bosses. The only "threat" is accidentally pulling more creeps, which then again will be get killed way easier. Don't waste your time on 8 withered or something.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2016-10-06 at 12:31 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.