Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hugplx View Post
    You do 180k dps on bosses? Lol...

No tweaks will help you...

Now stop playing WoW and do your homework.
    I see. Well, you didn't surprised me, like, at all. Care to back up your heroic deeds with some sort of logs, or you're just a typical shadowpriest subforum shitposter hero who does 9999999999999999999999999999999999999k dps with stm, but refuses to give any proof of that?

Also, lol@ that homework line. Again. Do you realise that adults don't actually use age as an argument or insult?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Also, lol@ that homework line. Again. Do you realise that adults don't actually use age as an argument or insult?
    Yeah, he's just a punk 15 year old edgelord, far less mature than us. Isn't that right, fellow grown-up?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Agreeing with everything apart from Halo/Cascade.
    Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about Halo/Cascade? It was one of the things I liked the most about MoP/WoD Shadow, especially Cascade.

Deleted
    Make StM baseline, add something else to that row instead and balance the rows properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    Make StM baseline, add something else to that row instead and balance the rows properly.
    Something definitely needs to change with that row. Mind Spike is a joke, and LotV is bland and doesn't change much in practice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocedic View Post
    Something definitely needs to change with that row. Mind Spike is a joke, and LotV is bland and doesn't change much in practice.
    And StM is pretty much mandatory for raiding. What is the point of a row if there are no real options.

So many great things were said. Also liked reading the StM debates. I definitely liked:
    - Void Eruption as a baseline instant cast instead of being a PVP talent.
    - Bring back Devouring Plague, maybe for VF at least.
    - Bring back Halo/Mind Sear 100% applies SW:P/any AOE buff <-- This is what I would've said.

1 CHANGE COSMETICALLY: Shadow Crash is basically a Purple Glacial Spike (mage talent). I'd like it to be a Giant Insanity Orb/Bomb instead and when it lands, it erupts and opens the void which will have a Dark Solar Beam(druid spell) Animation. It's cosmetic so a glyph will do

I'd like a bit more of differentiation or specialization on playstyle. This is NOT a fix it request. This is a "would be neat if" scenario. Like a Spec within the Spec, it's almost like asking for class itself.
    Where you can choose to go down a more OG/Classic shadowpriest route with punishing DOTs like Devouring Plague, DOT speed buffs, DOT spreading, etc. (Afflocks are about quantity of DOTs) versus going down a Void-lock route with an emphasis on passive summons of hentais, psy and shadowfiends, benders, lots of mini benders, a giant bender, sha friends, (Demolock is about casted summons) versus going down a Void-Mage spec aka the channeling caster that focuses on the Mind techniques like flay, spike, blast, control, bomb. This spec would be focused on buffing those channeled spells and maybe have a skill shot channeled nuke called Mind Beam similar to the Diablo 3 Wizard's Archon ability "Disintegration Wave". Again, would be nice, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about Halo/Cascade? It was one of the things I liked the most about MoP/WoD Shadow, especially Cascade.
    I personally found Halo on Single Target rather toxic and unproductive because of having to track unintuitive range positioning via addons.

Deleted
    Cascade used to give us the AOE that we need nowadays, mind sear isnt enough for sure...

Instant cast Void Eruption would do it for me.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Deleted
    I would love my purple wings back!

Make shadow crash baseline, and make it do less damage, but spread dots.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Lycans View Post
    I would love my purple wings back!
    I miss wings! And devouring plague!

Holy shit I just realized how BAD they actually fucked shadow. It felt so smooth at the end of WOD. Damn
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

I would remove surrender to madness.

I'm sorry but i'll never take that talent. Dying is not fun. Repair bills are not fun.

I also don't like that most guilds are basically forcing spriests to go S2M. That's the sign of a bad talent.

Holy shit I just realized how BAD they actually fucked shadow. It felt so smooth at the end of WOD. Damn
    End of WoD, smooth? In the same sentence?

Did you really think spamming Mind Spike was "smooth"?

T13 SF MS/MB spam was ugly, CoP during HM was annoying, but MS/MB spam with the classtrinket in HFC was an abomination that should never ever return.

Our numbers might be bad atm, S2M excluded, but the actual playstyle is the best it has been since Cata.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    Yea, personally I don't like S2M tfrom a thematic, experiential, ability design, or game balance perspective - but if they are committed to it - it really needs to be baseline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I would remove surrender to madness.
    Usually when given the opportunity make one change to Shadow, I would come up with some crazy idea to make us look cooler / compensate for our weakness / make us more fun to play, etc - but I think as we stand currently I agree - the 1 change I would make, would be remove the 1 talent that completely alters who/what we are, and that will force the devs to balance all our other talents and abilities accordingly.

Rather than their clear assumption that we'll all use S2M for everything.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I aint been shadow priest for long but i can see all the QQ about AOE dps / dps in general as a real issue. Im making it my main alt for this Xpack and doing some pvp. What id like to see changed is what alot of others have said. Make Void Eruption instant cast or a 1sec cast baseline that CANT be silenced (in pvp currently if a melee is on me i can almost never cast it or im silenced... yes there is a talent but i dont wanna be forced into a talent)

Im currently love S2M talent its very AHHH!!! when you get to high stacks and makes you feel very.... tense :P its nice but i do feel it needs to change / be base line maybe make it give haste / 100 instanity right away? i feel we lack a big burst CD. Everyone else flys off down the track in DPS and we are still at the start picking our nose... Shadow crash baseline would be pretty nice and a decent way to spread dots, by the time iv multi dotted the pack of say 5 or 6 in an instance there dead... let me dot 1, mind sear and then spread. make it a talent in shadow crashes place and change that... it gives us the choice of haste for fast casts in void / making nice steady power in void or nice big cleave aoe. maybe make it so only in VF it spreads dots. Somthing does need to be done.

It feels like even tho the game is live it feels so.. beta atm.. things are being changed allover the place that should of been done in beta. Blizzard imo ran out of time and promised a release date and instead of delaying it they shiped it and now are kinda forcing changes out before the raids.

So.. TLDR - better AOE with spread dots, Shadow Crash faster at landing / baseline. burst DPS cooldown.

The one change I'd make to Spriest would be to remove the whole "insanity" mechanic. Devouring plague / shadow orbs worked fine and didn't need to be removed.

But seriously shadow needs a talent overhaul in Legion.

- T15: Fine but ToF should just be baseline at this point it's always going to be the better talent.
    - T30: Maina remove that shit give back angelic feather.
    - T45: Remove Psychic voice, scream should be baseline 30sec, instead give us an option for something like ( Void Tendrils, Guise, D Prayer or even buff fade.)
    - T60: Void Lord should be baseline the class has way to much ramp feeling without it.
    - T75: No complaints.
    - T90: Mindbender why the fuck isn't that baseline by now, and I'd add Mind spike to this row to replace Mb.
    - T100: LotV - needs to be buffed. MS - Wrong row for this shit. STM - Talent is fine but it's way to punishing. ( make it prevent you from gaining insanity for a minute or two, or something else.)

For glyphs: A halo glyph would be amazing the animation was sexy as fk, and I want my wings back dammit

Quote Originally Posted by zemerax View Post
    The one change I'd make to Spriest would be to remove the whole "insanity" mechanic. Devouring plague / shadow orbs worked fine and didn't need to be removed.

But seriously shadow needs a talent overhaul in Legion.

- T15: Fine but ToF should just be baseline at this point it's always going to be the better talent.
    - T30: Maina remove that shit give back angelic feather.
    - T45: Remove Psychic voice, scream should be baseline 30sec, instead give us an option for something like ( Void Tendrils, Guise, D Prayer or even buff fade.)
    - T60: Void Lord should be baseline the class has way to much ramp feeling without it.
    - T75: No complaints.
    - T90: Mindbender why the fuck isn't that baseline by now, and I'd add Mind spike to this row to replace Mb.
    - T100: LotV - needs to be buffed. MS - Wrong row for this shit. STM - Talent is fine but it's way to punishing. ( make it prevent you from gaining insanity for a minute or two, or something else.)

For glyphs: A halo glyph would be amazing the animation was sexy as fk, and I want my wings back dammit
    So instead of actually being dead, you'll wish you were dead because playing Shadow with no Voidform/Lingering Insanity is horrible?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    So instead of actually being dead, you'll wish you were dead because playing Shadow with no Voidform/Lingering Insanity is horrible?
    Well, you would still only use S2M it to finish off bosses (10 min CD) and after that you would make a break anyway or still got 100% haste for 1 minute from lingering Insanity, if you want to speed run.
    I actually like the idea, but S2M would still need to be baseline then, since it would be the obvious choice for everyone even more then.