Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    Wait, I'm an idiot for using words against you in a text based medium? Are you serious? Bhaha, did you want my dad to fight your dad or something? I'm sorry you can't play your class, that isn't Blizzards fault.
    You are so clever! Your dad and my dad? WoW sir. I know how to play a warlock, thank you. I got gladiator with it a few times. I never played in MoP, I don't know how strong or weak they were then. I do know that right now, as affliction, warlocks die very quickly. Yea, i can pick essence drain and CoW and I can beat a melee, but healers cannot out heal the dp of virtually any melee class atm, and warlocks cannot deal enough pressure. You're just a very aggressive troll, nothing more. Show all of us some video of you being so good at playing your class. Show how you absolutely stomp on these melee trains when they are chunking your HP. FFS, a sub rogue can heal more than I can tunneling drain life. I know you think you're hot shit, and maybe you are (which is sad enough on it's on in video game) but you cannot deny the numbers. My damage is 2/3rds of what it is in pve, which means my healing is also 2/3rds. Essence drain gets really weak really quickly with more than 1 target on you, and YES, we are supposed to be able to survive a REASONABLE amount of time with 2 targets on us, owing to the way in which we deal our damage (OVER TIME). This either means we need to effectively kite, or we need to tank. Effectively kiting isn't really a thing, but like I said, show us some video of you stomping mouth breathers to display your stellar skill. I'd love to see a key turning Demon Hunter lose to you, or a sub rogue, or a monk.

What it really sounds like to me is your friends are carrying you and your whole team (assuming we are talking 3v3 here) would be better off right now if you either played something else, or they replaced you. But I'm sure that's not it, since you are REALLY good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    No they are not, elemental shaman, shadowpriest (they have much worse defensives than warlocks against melee), survival hunter, all struggle wayyy more than poor warlocks.

You are just so used to be op that you don't even know how other classes perform in pvp, you just care about your class and whine thats its the weakest one when its not. Warlocks during MOP were not fine, they were broken, get used to it
    I don't know if you are aware of this, but Shadowpriests were doing pretty nastily on the beta. They might not fair so well getting tunneled in random BGs, but their damage is sick in 3v3.

No they are not, elemental shaman, shadowpriest (they have much worse defensives than warlocks against melee), survival hunter, all struggle wayyy more than poor warlocks.
    That you have to take a cherry picked classes' worst spec and compare that to the entire warlock class doesn't seem to make for a very strong argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv View Post
    That you have to take a cherry picked classes' worst spec and compare that to the entire warlock class doesn't seem to make for a very strong argument.
    Just ignore him, he's on a crusade against "warlock complaining" and gets triggered at the sight of any warlock post.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv View Post

Yeah because people doing decently as destro warlocks is a lie right? Everyone should just faceroll with a one button mashing class and be top 1 dps otherwise the class is worthless? The fact that so many people want to be like DH and reroll DH is pretty telling of how lazy players are when they actually need to make some effort and stop the tunnel vision brainless dps gameplay

By the way I didn't cherry pick anything, shadow priest is the only dps spec for priests, elemental shaman is the only dps caster spec of shaman and survival is the only melee spec of hunter. Not the same thing as having 3 dps caster specs don't you think? Therefore elemental shaman and shadow priest are damn well considered as a caster dps like a warlock or mage. Not everyone wants to play melee and warlocks do not need any special treatment. You will be buffed like other underperforming specs, just stop pretending that you need special treatment above all other classes. You are not the worst if you actually care about playing instead of blindly relying on incorrect SIMS
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-09-17 at 10:00 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah because people doing decently as destro warlocks is a lie right? Everyone should just faceroll with a one button mashing class and be top 1 dps otherwise the class is worthless? The fact that so many people want to be like DH and reroll DH is pretty telling of how lazy players are when they actually need to make some effort and stop the tunnel vision brainless dps gameplay

By the way I didn't cherry pick anything, shadow priest is the only dps spec for priests, elemental shaman is the only dps caster spec of shaman and survival is the only melee spec of hunter. Not the same thing as having 3 dps caster specs don't you think? Therefore elemental shaman and shadow priest are damn well considered as a caster dps like a warlock or mage. Not everyone wants to play melee and warlocks do not need any special treatment. You will be buffed like other underperforming specs, just stop pretending that you need special treatment above all other classes. You are not the worst if you actually care about playing instead of blindly relying on incorrect SIMS
    like MM and BM have such a good survivability >.>

I'm not surprised by the amount of ignorance in this thread because it's painfully obvious virtually no one here actually plays a warlock. On top of that, most of you are incredibly bad at PvP. Warlocks have one crowd control spell (unless you take the talent for another but you never would) and it's insanely easy to interrupt, easy to break out of and has a quick diminishing return that leaves us vulnerable. The same goes for almost all of our spells and since a fair amount of them have a long time to cast as well, there is no reason you can't defend yourself.

Just got done doing some pvp. Locks are fine. Go affi and drain life spam as per usual and outlive the dps classes on you. Including dh.

Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    Just got done doing some pvp. Locks are fine. Go affi and drain life spam as per usual and outlive the dps classes on you. Including dh.
    I'll take my years of experience over someone named "lolskillzz" who provides zero evidence to substantiate their claim.

No competent pvp player would ever let you drain. One example: my BE Havoc DH has: 3 stuns, 1 silence, 1 interrupt. Burst is so high you die in one stun. Not the first one you trinket, one of the over 2. If you somehow manage to escape, glaive snare spam + feel rush finish the job.
    That is Legion PVP at its best. The pinnacle of class balance.

What you most likely missed would be a PvP talent called http://www.wowhead.com/spell=221711/essence-drain ... This talent reduces the enemy target damage by 10% (stacks x5 times) when life drained .. So if YOU allow a lock to free cast a green beam at you for 15sec non stop and then die .. looolz

I must admit I had some fun in random BG's with this talent against people who stand there dumbfounded having no idea why they seem to do so little damage against me .. allowing me to free cast my damage between Life Drain ticks ..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I'm not surprised by the amount of ignorance in this thread because it's painfully obvious virtually no one here actually plays a warlock. On top of that, most of you are incredibly bad at PvP. Warlocks have one crowd control spell (unless you take the talent for another but you never would) and it's insanely easy to interrupt, easy to break out of and has a quick diminishing return that leaves us vulnerable. The same goes for almost all of our spells and since a fair amount of them have a long time to cast as well, there is no reason you can't defend yourself.

Hello

You have a pvp talent that makes you immune to kicks and interrupts for 10 seconds on a short CD, you also have a spell that grants 40% DR +immunity to interrupts.
    I'm sorry life must be so miserable as warlock... I guess its so much easier to cast as a shadow priest,elemental shaman or balance druid right?

I'm glad I could sort out your misinformation and teach you about your own class
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-09-17 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually they got buffed in terms of damage. Survivability was balanced and mobility added.

150 x 0.06 = 9
    120 x 0.08 = 9.6

so Consumption got a 6.7% buff

pet's hp was nerfed but this is because pet management supposed to matter and when I can take on 110 elite at 105 with a pet and felguard can tank most quest mobs there's a problem. Now you don't have to decide between mobility and survivabilty. Now I can get my portal and then choose do i want active mitigation or passive.

I really don't see a problem and your troll post makes no sense.

Hello

You have a pvp talent that makes you immune to kicks and interrupts for 10 seconds on a short CD, you also have a spell that grants 40% DR +immunity to interrupts.
    I'm sorry life must be so miserable as warlock... I guess its so much easier to cast as a shadow priest,elemental shaman or balance druid right?

I'm glad I could sort out your misinformation and teach you about your own class
    Neither makes you immune to stuns, and few, if any, people are taking Casting Circle over the damage reduction talent (as aff; its baller good for Destro).

Its the stuns, and the total inability to get away/generate space to freecast (and you have to be able to freecast 3-5 UAs into someone to do any appreciable damage) that makes AFF a total PITA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    What you most likely missed would be a PvP talent called http://www.wowhead.com/spell=221711/essence-drain ... This talent reduces the enemy target damage by 10% (stacks x5 times) when life drained .. So if YOU allow a lock to free cast a green beam at you for 15sec non stop and then die .. looolz

I must admit I had some fun in random BG's with this talent against people who stand there dumbfounded having no idea why they seem to do so little damage against me .. allowing me to free cast my damage between Life Drain ticks ..
    so let me get this straight. if i was a DH and kick the fear, they cast and stack the 6 second buff? if i kick the heal, they fear or just heal again. just survive till u can channel it and u lose? i am litterally forced to blow every single cc just to negate one oped talent that they will eventually be able to get off? but locks need buffs? they are fine. its an l2 play issue.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Sigh... I don't even PVP, and yet this will affect me. Why? Because I like having a small, constant shield as well as a large 'oh shit' button shield. I suppose I'll have to make do with getting Shadowfury back...

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    If you are losing to a warlock at this rate, you need to delete your account. That is such an embarrassing thing to say right now.
    I'm sure hes only talking about the numbers in BG charts, the only place a Warlock is competitive

so let me get this straight. if i was a DH and kick the fear, they cast and stack the 6 second buff? if i kick the heal, they fear or just heal again. just survive till u can channel it and u lose? i am litterally forced to blow every single cc just to negate one oped talent that they will eventually be able to get off? but locks need buffs? they are fine. its an l2 play issue.
    It does not exactly work like that seeing how the stacks fall off easily .. moreover I see you are judging the builds performance on a random 1v1 so was it in instanced PvP or world PvP? I'm willing to bet it was instanced because out in the world Affi is like paper ...

As a DH you have a ranged Kick which shuts down all of Affi spells .. Then you have a Stun and then you have a CC (I forget the same) which is yet another interrupt .. You also have meta on a 3min CD and can be lowered I think, not sure I don't play DH .. Between Fel Rush, stacking the bleed DoT and Chaos Strike you can easily make shredded meat stew of an Affi ..

I forgot to add trinket! Simply save it for the 8 sec Fear and thats all she wrote for the poor Affi ..

In any case you should be discussing 3v3 or 10v10 because that is how Blizz balances and NOT 1v1 ..

Edit: Now if you happen to come across an Affi with full shards and all CD's and you don't have meta or trinket or CC or Stun what do you expect? As an Aff if I had full shards and you tried to 1v1 I would:

Stun-->Fear-->CoA+Corr+SL+UA+UA+Fear+UA+UA+UA+Fear+Drain Tank ...

Also, you may have tried to kick through his 8ses kick immunity when you should have simply CC him for the 8sec after which shut him down hard and finish him off seeing how he can't actually go anywhere!
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-09-18 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    It does not exactly work like that seeing how the stacks fall off easily .. moreover I see you are judging the builds performance on a random 1v1 so was it in instanced PvP or world PvP? I'm willing to bet it was instanced because out in the world Affi is like paper ...

As a DH you have a ranged Kick which shuts down all of Affi spells .. Then you have a Stun and then you have a CC (I forget the same) which is yet another interrupt .. You also have meta on a 3min CD and can be lowered I think, not sure I don't play DH .. Between Fel Rush, stacking the bleed DoT and Chaos Strike you can easily make shredded meat stew of an Affi ..

I forgot to add trinket! Simply save it for the 8 sec Fear and thats all she wrote for the poor Affi ..

In any case you should be discussing 3v3 or 10v10 because that is how Blizz balances and NOT 1v1 ..

Edit: Now if you happen to come across an Affi with full shards and all CD's and you don't have meta or trinket or CC or Stun what do you expect? As an Aff if I had full shards and you tried to 1v1 I would:

Stun-->Fear-->CoA+Corr+SL+UA+UA+Fear+UA+UA+UA+Fear+Drain Tank ...

Also, you may have tried to kick through his 8ses kick immunity when you should have simply CC him for the 8sec after which shut him down hard and finish him off seeing how he can't actually go anywhere!
    meta is a 4 min cd with all 3 points in the artifact tree. it is 5 baseline. and eventually the dh or any melee minus outlaw (which like feral is way to stronk rn) will run out of methods to stop the channel and the lock will get it up to 5. and even if they do kick it, a lock out is only 5 sec tops (usually 3) and they will be able to drain and get back on track and make up for lost health. not to mention the horror effects and stuns and even roots they can do while they drain. Plus the 3 min defensive that makes a lock unkickable. so again I say a lock will have all 5 stacks and out heal a dps damage. locks are fine. nothing to see here.

and on a further note, casters in general are fine. excluding ele who seems very vulnerable. All the ranged/casters bitching are suffering from a l2p issue that has existed since casterclysm onward where ranged became increasingly better in WoW in both pvp and pve. and now we have seen the effects of blizzard roping in the classes and ranged players not knowing how to handle it because traditionally for the past 5 plus years they have had all the tools to handle themselves save a few choice fotm melee during each seaons.

Dont play aff lock and play demo?

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Locks are OP in pvp anyway. It is just a fair balancing thing.
    Topkek mate. One or two good melee can easily take down a Lock.