Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I think the question this time around is "will there BE a world first race?"...
    Tend to agree.

And also with Motorman.

This entire scene is just meh in general.

And the sacrifices required to achieve those imaginary goals are some really serious issues some people create themselves for essentially nothing.

Then again, who am I to talk about these things, while I'm sort of prepping myself as well for a 4-night raiding schedule the upcoming week. 3 nights after a month in most likely.

Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    T

And the sacrifices required to achieve those imaginary goals are some really serious issues some people create themselves for essentially nothing.
    well this is true for majority of them - few of those on very top made a decent buisnes of it via twitch stream for for those few it was worth it since its bringing them real $

its really only a 1 guild race but its going to be interesting to see how legendary rich the highest ranking guilds are after the dust settles, its such a high boost tied to RNG drops

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by candidlol View Post
    its really only a 1 guild race but its going to be interesting to see how legendary rich the highest ranking guilds are after the dust settles, its such a high boost tied to RNG drops
    Honestly unless the people working at blizzard are completely high, they will disable them for progression.

Regardless of that it's pretty obvious Serenity will be the favourite but who knows, too much time has passed and even tho there is a low chance, an upset can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Im talking the obvious you intentionally avoid:

Sleep deprivation is bad for health.
    Prolonged stress of mythic first is bad for health
    Sitting at the same spot for hours on end without actual movement can cause blood circulation problems, klots etc.
    Smelling like a pig because world first is also an issue albeit more of a social one than anything
    Not going to the toilet in time because raiding can also cause random health issues
    Dropping out of work can cause social and proffessional problems as well as family problems
    Eating junkfood for prolonged periods of time because raiding is also a health issue
    Energy drinks or pills or God knows what else to stay awake for prolonged periods of time is also an issue.

So yeah I would like to see behind the scenes of world firsts and see if some people are potentially self harming in order to achieve them. Surely they can't be a role model then can they? And its not about just growing a beard. Its about killing yourself to "achieve" an imaginary goal.
    This happens in everything.
    If you believe people ain't sacrificing anything of that in their sport hobby's, work place or anything they actually invest time then ma man you are just delusional.
    For the work stuff well who cares? They will find another job the job is that a job it shouldn't keep you locked in 1 place because hurp durp money are needed as soon as people realize this everything becomes so much easy'er.

Deleted
    Pretty sure Serenity members will be proud finishing first in a one horse race...

Competition is perhaps the most important reason for a world first guild to keep going. Wouldnt suprise me if Serenity isnt around for the next expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    The hardcore raiding scene is dead. Theres only one guild left and they do not even have to push odd hours.
    I am fortunate to have access to such bastions of wisdom. Thank you for declaring hardcore raiding dead.

So basically:

- Insulted me: Check
    - Threw ball out of court: Check
    - Called work unimportant to support argument: Check
    - Said "it happens elsewhere so thats ok": Check

Yep classic internet poster. Feel free to tell us how its oh so "normal" to selfharm in order to produce a dubious "world first" that will grasp the attention span of average human for 1-2 seconds as a headline but the guy who "achieved" it will have effectively shortened his life by a few years. Yeah thats "healthy" approach to games while work is "hurp durp" stuff.
    Newsflash its their life they can do what ever they want.
    Newsflash you are no one in the grand scheme of things so your opinion is invalid as much as is mine or theirs.

Get off your moral high horse because mate you have no leg to stand on.
    Just because you do not approve opposite to you there thousands who do approve of people putting everything on the line for something they are passionate about.
    I guess when you find your passion assuming it isn't shit talking everything that you do not approve of you will actually understand why people do the things they do for the things they love.

Till then stay bitter.

Deleted
    Prime or Prime

Whoever has more of the bugged, multiple legendaries per toon will come out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    Honestly unless the people working at blizzard are completely high, they will disable them for progression.
    While disabling legendaries for mythic progress is the obvious, intelligent thing to do, it does not seem to be Blizzard's intention in Legion.

Deleted
    I just hope there'll be a decent dose of drama so I can make a new primerising.mp4

Where is bozzelprogress to make sense of all the madness that happens in these threads. Save us!

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

who is going to be world #2 then? That should be a pretty close race

The race to world first would only interest me behind the scenes. What parts of personal life were dropped to achieve this "world first"? What sleep patterns were used/abused? Did the raiders eat and drink properly during said "progress"? Did they have personal hygiene during the "race"? How do their families, loved ones, co-workers, friends feel about it.

These are important questions that should be addressed before we even start "admiring" that world first. I fear that world firsts in games in general are accompanied by all sorts of human body abuse, physical and mental. This kind of abuse exists to some extent in simple mythic guilds with no specific progress goals so I can only imagine what it takes for a world first.
    like training almost all day in a gym for olympics

The race to world first would only interest me behind the scenes. What parts of personal life were dropped to achieve this "world first"? What sleep patterns were used/abused? Did the raiders eat and drink properly during said "progress"? Did they have personal hygiene during the "race"? How do their families, loved ones, co-workers, friends feel about it.

These are important questions that should be addressed before we even start "admiring" that world first. I fear that world firsts in games in general are accompanied by all sorts of human body abuse, physical and mental. This kind of abuse exists to some extent in simple mythic guilds with no specific progress goals so I can only imagine what it takes for a world first.
    When people say shit like this is makes it clear that they don't actually know anyone in a high end raiding guild. You know basically none of this has happened since like Burning Crusade raiding, right? The no-life commitment is not that insane. The large majority of us work jobs like responsible adults and take time off for progress (really just a few days for the first week) and then it's right back to normal life. It's really not what you think it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by candidlol View Post
    It's all relatively normalized because every guild with a shot at world first was multibox'ing their toons to maximize legendary odds and just maining whichever got the best drop. Won't have the effect you think it will.

- - - Updated - - -

Im talking the obvious you intentionally avoid:

Sleep deprivation is bad for health.
    Prolonged stress of mythic first is bad for health
    Sitting at the same spot for hours on end without actual movement can cause blood circulation problems, klots etc.
    Smelling like a pig because world first is also an issue albeit more of a social one than anything
    Not going to the toilet in time because raiding can also cause random health issues
    Dropping out of work can cause social and proffessional problems as well as family problems
    Eating junkfood for prolonged periods of time because raiding is also a health issue
    Energy drinks or pills or God knows what else to stay awake for prolonged periods of time is also an issue.

So yeah I would like to see behind the scenes of world firsts and see if some people are potentially self harming in order to achieve them. Surely they can't be a role model then can they? And its not about just growing a beard. Its about killing yourself to "achieve" an imaginary goal.
    Yea your concept of high end progression raiding is drastically flawed. You seem to have made up what you think goes on from random hyperbolic war stories you've read on the internet, because everything you've said about it is absurdly exaggerated.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2016-09-17 at 09:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

This actually made me lol

It's not going to screw you up by going for world first. Stretching, moving around, hydrating, eating, bathroom usage and everything else is perfectly fine during these periods. Maybe we are talking increased eye strain and more sleepiness, but that's about it.

The other stuff is completely different for each person, so is hard to gauge their effect - if any. Some people stream full time and make more living then avg person, so their social and job position are completely different.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Serenity will be first. US people have jobs and can't afford to miss work to race in a video game.

Serenity's to lose. But don't doubt the Russians or even the French. But lets be honest here Serenity will win unless both tanks get ddosed or something...