Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskchi View Post
    Rising Thunder is amazing ... but I'd never pick the Blackout Mana regen (especially when we don't need it atm) for MistWeaving while moving ...
    Agree tried it, did not need the mana regen and felt like I barely noticed it anyway.

Plus it competes with soothing mist while moving which I never want to play without anymore really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Agree tried it, did not need the mana regen and felt like I barely noticed it anyway.

Plus it competes with soothing mist while moving which I never want to play without anymore really.
    Yeah it seems trivial but more curious how it works together. I've always tend to run Lifecycles actually, I've used Mist Wrap for a few mythics and find it hilarious to just be constantly channeling but ultimately prefer the weaving of EnM & Vivi.

The other side of it is missing the triple RM that comes from FT, i've gotten so accustomed to that playstyle...

I've had maybe 2 MW healers I felt weren't doing a good job. Not sure if that's by virtue of not having the tools/ gear at that level (was while leveling) but in my experience at 110, I've had good and bad healers. Of the really good healers I remember, 3 of them have been MW, never had an issue with Druid, Shaman was fine, Holy Priest was also fine, haven't seen a Holy Paladin yet, but Discipline Priests are a fucking nightmare (not enough pinch healing ability, it's all slow steady heals based on damage which can be tricky at best, they'll be amazing raid healers but dungeons? no thanks).

In short, I think everything is working as intended. Sounds like the OP just got a bad group that didn't kill the adds fast enough. You can't heal through that snake AoE the entire fight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I didn't try, but can't you manually use Chi-Ji to heal specific target using the pet bar and binds?
    Never thought to try that. Will tonight

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    During some Mythics Chiji yesterday did 20-25% of my healing, I think it was Maw of Souls I dps'ed a lot and used Chiji on CD to keep dpsing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erebzion View Post
    Would probably say its one of the best healer cd's around. Ultimately despite his insanely numbers over the course of instances be it trash/bosses (gotta love those triple pulls on mythic) it allows me so much dps time on bosses or trash without worrying. Throw some hots out and go to town, easily getting around 90-110k dps on bosses*

*Lust ahoy!
    Good idea, been trying to figure out how to better fistweave. Feels like fistweaving heals are very low. Blackout kick healed for 400 last night, maybe my UI is displaying it wrong but that seems super low.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's that good? I always took Statue because it's just a nice passive HoT to anybody for 30 seconds (it's not even that bad, ~ 10-15k HPS for me) but I might try Chiji... but the animation... c'mon. So ugly.
    Animation is fucked. And nobody else can see it. They think I went crazy when I used it and just giggled everytime.

Yeah it seems trivial but more curious how it works together. I've always tend to run Lifecycles actually, I've used Mist Wrap for a few mythics and find it hilarious to just be constantly channeling but ultimately prefer the weaving of EnM & Vivi.

The other side of it is missing the triple RM that comes from FT, i've gotten so accustomed to that playstyle...
    Running joke in my guild runs "Tank, use that mitigation mate you know I dont want to cast anything else. Just let me sit here and channel please"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    Animation is fucked. And nobody else can see it. They think I went crazy when I used it and just giggled everytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I didn't try, but can't you manually use Chi-Ji to heal specific target using the pet bar and binds?
    Yeah you can. Honestly its more fun to watch a random bird which apparently has ADHD lose its sh** and go berserk running all over the place though. I still find myself chucking every time I use it. Silly bird. Chi-ji the spastic crane might not be a very PC description but its certainly accurate. Best CD ever.

Considering that you have the talent on your weapon that gives you a chance to spread RM on applying and expiring ( on top of it's normal effect ) ... I see no problems of having RM on 3-4 targets at all times lol ...

Also, you can TfT-> RM -> Rising Sun -> TFT -> RM -> RM .... actually you can dish out a lot more RMs overall ( as long as u have your RS up).

My opinion is that the tallent gives you so much flexibility ... only downside is that you need to walk/torpedo to some mob and spend a 2 sec ( GCD ) before starting your heal ( unless Enveloping Mists ).

Overall, I'm never going back to the other last tier talents.

Deleted
    Coming from a resto shammy (which are considered super strong), this sounds like a "group derped" issue, not a healing one. Serpentrix (hydra/snake boss) has 2 main mechanics that can either make or break your healing efforts:
    -Serpentrix casts Rampage after every submerge until he's engaged. This will spawn tons of poison spits on every player, dealing huge amounts of damage to everyone and preventing you from healing effectively (since you'll be moving).
    -After every submerge, 2 adds will apear (mini versions of the boss with a different color). They both spam 1 ability (they do not auto attack) constantly, dealing AoE damage. Of the 2, the purple (arcane) one is the biggest threat since he gains a stacking damage buff everytime he completes a cast, which quickly adds up.

All of these casts can and should be interrupted as often as possible. The boss only needs to be interrupted once (he won't do it again if he has a melee target), which is the tank's job. The adds have to be interrupted as often as possible and nuked by the DPS (purple one has priority). Since they don't deal any melee damage and have little health, they shouldn't deal any noteworthy damage if handled properly.

If done properly he's super easy, but if the above isn't done, it's one of the hardest fights for a healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskchi View Post
    Considering that you have the talent on your weapon that gives you a chance to spread RM on applying and expiring ( on top of it's normal effect ) ... I see no problems of having RM on 3-4 targets at all times lol ...

Also, you can TfT-> RM -> Rising Sun -> TFT -> RM -> RM .... actually you can dish out a lot more RMs overall ( as long as u have your RS up).

My opinion is that the tallent gives you so much flexibility ... only downside is that you need to walk/torpedo to some mob and spend a 2 sec ( GCD ) before starting your heal ( unless Enveloping Mists ).

Overall, I'm never going back to the other last tier talents.
    The extra charge of TFT is better in many cases due to flexibility and speed of use.

The advantage of having 2 charges is you can put out 2 enveloping mists very quickly to stop people dying due to spikes in mythic+. You dont have to wait those extra GCDs moving and using RSK that someone could die in. Its not just ReM that you use TFT for and in some cases you just cant afford to wait and not be healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribbinge View Post
    The extra charge of TFT is better in many cases due to flexibility and speed of use.

The advantage of having 2 charges is you can put out 2 enveloping mists very quickly to stop people dying due to spikes in mythic+. You dont have to wait those extra GCDs moving and using RSK that someone could die in. Its not just ReM that you use TFT for and in some cases you just cant afford to wait and not be healing.
    This!

Basically I mentioned RM as the main go to for raiding but 5 man content its actually more for EnM x 2 instant which is insanely strong. I also play with Lifecycles so its very handy to throw them out and follow with a cheaper Vivi

Good idea, been trying to figure out how to better fistweave. Feels like fistweaving heals are very low. Blackout kick healed for 400 last night, maybe my UI is displaying it wrong but that seems super low.
    Pretty sure Fistweaving doesn't heal at all anymore; all it does is DPS + restore mana/reset TFT depending on talents.

So you will not fistweaving in mythic+? I thought it was almost a requirement. It's much more work to fistweaving and I certainly miss the two instant EnM.

Quote Originally Posted by dawnrose View Post
    Honestly, I found Essence Font rather lacking output wise. I use Vivify a lot more. But getting slightly offtopic here.
    Dont forget the hot from essence font cause heals to trigger gusts of mists for additional free healing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSanity View Post
    I can't decide if I want to main my Holy Pally or my Mistweaver. It's killing me trying to pick.

Why does everyone always say MW require you to be in melee range to get the most out of it's healing? Because of fistweaving?
    No because of mists of sheilun( causes hots to heal 20% more for 20 secs but at the end discharges an aoe heal that heals for a chunk of healing previously done 15 yards) and later celestial breath ( activating TfT causes you to release the breath of yulon healing up to 6 people within 12 yards)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Same, I found that EF is really only meant to be used with Viv after as it makes all heals trigger 2 of our mastery procs. So I would use it once and get off 2 Vivs with 4 mastery procs.
    Only the primary target of vivify triggers gusts of mists

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deirdre View Post
    Just take chi-ji :-)
    i dont know if its the best talent, but i love seeing that crane dotting all over the place during a boss fight :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schize View Post
    Pretty sure Fistweaving doesn't heal at all anymore; all it does is DPS + restore mana/reset TFT depending on talents.
    yep theres no fistweaving, and it doesnt restore mana without taking the talent for it, but unless mana has really been an issue the other talents on that row are better imo, im pretty sure the attacks are just for anyone leveing as MW and for extra dps during downtime

- - - Updated - - -

I won't be going for Yu'lon anytime soon, mainly because I don't use revive. It's so weak these days. It used to be a raid saving healing CD, but now I feel it does nothing. Heals for around 200k according to my tooltip. Not exactly game breaking...
    its useful on fights where everyone has debuffs :P but its a lot weaker than it use to be, for a 3min CD i think its pretty weak, needs to do a lot more healing or have the HoT baseline

Wow, I just read this discussion first time and I am totally dissapointed. Peps whining about traits after two weeks in xp... now tell me, do you see point of that discussions which was there? Me totally not, and I think that MW monk is totally enjoyable and awesome class to perform. I personally have maybe absolutely worthless path in my wp, I am 848 ilvl and have done every mythic for max times I could do that and never had problem with anything about healing. Never died in any encounter (PvP/PvE) due to minimum bonuses from traits or one talent swapped with another for test issues. There was still something bigger than that. As far as raids and rated PvP is locked, are that things piece of cake. Looking forward to raidin with everything i needed as class from artifact. MW monks ARE viable to do good job in every encounter in WoW. Amen.

Yeah I've seen plenty of youtubers etc recommending you go for revival but looking at the tree I saw that was garbage advice. Its funny how stuff like that spreads around. Sure lets put all our points into our cooldowns rather than bread and butter healing spells that make up 90% of our output. Genius advice. I went straight for all of the traits that buff renewing mist. The one that makes it spread twice occasionally is insane, and the middle gold trait is pretty good too.

Wouldnt say I was struggling to heal, just that it was definitely taking more than one essence font. I read the other posts as "1 essence font heals half everyones health bar". Maybe it was just my DPS taking more damage.
    Must have been moving in the purple shit, or not killing enough adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorless View Post
    My prot warr often outheal me. But I'm in a nice premade with dps who knows what they are doing so that I can dps
    Prot warrs don't get much self healing do they? Impending Victory or Inspiring Presence is all they have, right? Unless they're getting last hits to proc Victory Rush, I guess.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Its all ignore pain, absorbs count as healing.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i dont know if its the best talent, but i love seeing that crane dotting all over the place during a boss fight :P
    I love the usefulness but the animation is abysmal. It's so f*ckin' annoying when you see the crane running around...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Prot warrs don't get much self healing do they? Impending Victory or Inspiring Presence is all they have, right? Unless they're getting last hits to proc Victory Rush, I guess.
    Most tanks generate insane HPS. Sometimes DKs or DHs are above me, I already had a Warrior outhealing me - I don't know what Blizzard thought when they designed tanks. Incredible DPS, incredible self healing and incredible survivability? Pretty bad balancing regarding tanks right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I love the usefulness but the animation is abysmal. It's so f*ckin' annoying when you see the crane running around...

- - - Updated - - -

Most tanks generate insane HPS. Sometimes DKs or DHs are above me, I already had a Warrior outhealing me - I don't know what Blizzard thought when they designed tanks. Incredible DPS, incredible self healing and incredible survivability? Pretty bad balancing regarding tanks right now.
    How are they healing, then? And is it overhealing or effective healing? A hit for 25k is only 750 total healing with Inspiring Presence.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    How are they healing, then? And is it overhealing or effective healing? A hit for 25k is only 750 total healing with Inspiring Presence.
    I think any absorbs count as healing and iirc damage mitigated by defensives count as well.