Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A couple of fun matchups this weekend. My mighty Hurricanes take on Appalachian State, while the local Iowa Hawkeyes take on the invincible NDSU Bison. I already done told some folks that if the Bison pull off a victory, that I would be buying either a Bison tshirt or hoodie. Quietly, I'm over here like... App St can run the ball really well, and we still have 3 true freshman starting at linebacker... Kaaya has looked like shit (though, so has Deshaun Watson). Yearby and Walton have had solid enough starts to the season to carry the offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    the Rice Band are the biggest trolls on the planet. ROFL

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...nds/ar-BBwge38

10+ Year Old Account
    'm sure they'll get fined, but I'm also sure they'll say it was worth it.

I wake up to Louisville absolutely destroying FSU, like a FCS team. There goes their top ten, maybe more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I know RIce will just take the fine and be ok with it. They;ve done this kinda thing for decades. They epically trolled TexAM when TexAM was in their last season in the Big12.

but yeah. FL ST demolishing was impressive. Now need Houston to smash Louiville and the statement to be included in a power 5 conference will be complete.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What an utter ass-kicking by Louisville. They haven't ever lost by that many points - franchise record. Couldn't happen to a nicer team, either. I sincerely hope FL St's bullshit initial ranking will be reevaluated when the ranks come out on Monday - not that those ranks really matter.

Wtf is going on in Michigan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. Ole Miss scored fast, and Jalen Hurts missed a wide open throw in the end zone after a typical Alabama long drive. Might end up being three in a row wins in this semi-rivalry.

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, Alabama's top receiver just got hurt running into his own teammate. This game is turning out great...

10+ Year Old Account
    Week 3 is turning into another week of "wtf is going on with the top programs guys"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Week 3 is turning into another week of "wtf is going on with the top programs guys"
    Orrrrrrrr it could be a why the fuck are teams being ranked that shouldn't be. J/k - I sure wish they could get away from from pre-season rankings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Orrrrrrrr it could be a why the fuck are teams being ranked that shouldn't be. J/k - I sure wish they could get away from from pre-season rankings.
    pre-season rankings: the bane of every sport ever. yeah, its stupid because teams change year to year, and some can be completely depleted (TCU had no business being ranked 15)

Rankings probably shouldnt start until week 4 or 5, when conference play starts happening

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit this game. Jalen Hurts can't throw an accurate pass for shit. Gets hit and fumbles by a player who hit him in the chin with the crown of the helmet, Ole Miss returns it for a touchdown, while there was a block in the back before the score. The hit doesn't get called, the block gets put on the kickoff. Ole Miss up 24-3. Alabama then scores twice in 65 seconds, one on a punt return. Down 7 at halftime, could be much much worse.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Holy shit this game. Jalen Hurts can't throw an accurate pass for shit. Gets hit and fumbles by a player who hit him in the chin with the crown of the helmet, Ole Miss returns it for a touchdown, while there was a block in the back before the score. The hit doesn't get called, the block gets put on the kickoff. Ole Miss up 24-3. Alabama then scores twice in 65 seconds, one on a punt return. Down 7 at halftime, could be much much worse.
    They are making a decent comeback, and knowing Alabama, they'll pull it out. But yeah, crazy game.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty much game. Bama gets a fat man pick 6 to seal it after the quarterback's hand was hit.

Impressed with Chad Kelly though. Not sure of his draft prospect, but I can see him making an NFL team.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Oh I know RIce will just take the fine and be ok with it. They;ve done this kinda thing for decades. They epically trolled TexAM when TexAM was in their last season in the Big12.

but yeah. FL ST demolishing was impressive. Now need Houston to smash Louiville and the statement to be included in a power 5 conference will be complete.
    I'm sure they'll get invited to the Big Texas Conference, I mean Big 12.

10+ Year Old Account
    NEVER MIND, Ole Miss scored, got the onside kick, scored in one play. It's not over yet. Jesus Alabama, I don't know how hard they're trying to lose, or why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I'm sure they'll get invited to the Big Texas Conference, I mean Big 12.
    hey now, for the last 3-4 yeras it was the TCU - Baylor - OU conference

10+ Year Old Account
    And Oregon goes down to Nebraska. North Dakota State beat Iowa on a last-second field goal.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    And Oregon goes down to Nebraska. North Dakota State beat Iowa on a last-second field goal.
    Oregon is going to be iffy this year. They have to stop bringing in graduate transfers for one-year stints as quarterbacks. We'll probably go 7-5 or 8-4 this year - with losses to Standford, Washington (dammit!), and USC - at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can heal Pend's sigh of relief from here

If only Oregon knew what kicking an extra point was.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    That OU touchdown shouldn't have been a TD. He dropped it before he crossed the line. Should have been a touchback. Huge mess up by refs