Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary pity timer

Is there a so called pity timer for legendary? If so, will it reset when I find old legendary, like warglaive?

Supposedly there is one, I'd be willing to bet its specific "legion legendary" pity timer so old world stuff likely has zero effect.

Judging by the multi droprate fiasco - I would just play and be glad if something drops, but dont expect anything.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't not having to work for anything fun? In Legion you can just pray and hope and it will either happen or not and there is nothing you can do better or work harder on to get anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Isn't not having to work for anything fun? In Legion you can just pray and hope and it will either happen or not and there is nothing you can do better or work harder on to get anywhere.
    Lol I think this post wins for most BS today. At least from what I've seen.

Again, you can increase your odds by doing mythics (the higher the difficulty the higher the chance, confirmed by blizzard) every week and heroics now and then along with the emissary cache every day. A lot of people have gotten it this way. Some have, some haven't.

Either way, you have to put in work to get your artifact ready for raiding as well as your item level and weapon Ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Yeah who would make legendaries RNG based, imagine if the old legendaries were just RNG based.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Yeah who would make legendaries RNG based, imagine if the old legendaries were just RNG based.
    But the old legendaries were different. Their RNG made it rare, which made it special. THIS rng, and THESE legendaries are totally different!

Supposedly there's a "Pity" timer for Legion Legendaries, and it's completely seperate of old legendaries. The way it's supposed to work is every time you perform or "complete' an action that can potentially result in a legendary, i.e., emissary caches, heroic dungeons, mythic dungeons, and don't receive a legendary, there's an incremental increase of the "Drop" chance of a Legion Legendary.

Consider me salty, but at the time of this post I've currently run on one character, 174 heroics, 28 mythics, and turned in 21 emissary caches. Current play time at this level(110) is 10 days, 3 hours, and I've yet to receive one legendary. It is what it is, and I'm sure I will eventually get a legendary, but I do wish there was something more concrete and reaffirming about this current system. I think I personally would prefer a more tangible method of working towards a legendary, because at this point it's quite deflating.

Does anyone know if non-wearable items like Omen's Bidding (http://www.wowhead.com/item=139821/omens-bidding) reset your legendary drop chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubar View Post
    Does anyone know if non-wearable items like Omen's Bidding (http://www.wowhead.com/item=139821/omens-bidding) reset your legendary drop chance?
    god, I hope not. Today, I got some junk -15% duration and 25 order hall resources when completing a WQ one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Lol I think this post wins for most BS today. At least from what I've seen.

Again, you can increase your odds by doing mythics (the higher the difficulty the higher the chance, confirmed by blizzard) every week and heroics now and then along with the emissary cache every day. A lot of people have gotten it this way. Some have, some haven't.

Either way, you have to put in work to get your artifact ready for raiding as well as your item level and weapon Ilvl.
    So basically do, what you're doing anyway and pray. That's almost, what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    But the old legendaries were different. Their RNG made it rare, which made it special. THIS rng, and THESE legendaries are totally different!
    All legendaries, which were dropped directly on a low chance were dropped by the final boss of the hardest content at that time. It had no effect on progression whatsoever and was just the cherry on top for players, who completed the content. Nothing anybody had to be bothered about.
    Last edited by mmoce193b9fd19; 2016-09-18 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    All legendaries, which were dropped directly on a low chance were dropped by the final boss of the hardest content at that time.
    I.e. Warglaives of Azzinoth and that stupid bow that served no real purpose anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    So basically do, what you're doing anyway and pray. That's almost, what he said.
    That still requires you to put in effort. Even more so if you're a mythic raider or you plan on pushing high mythic+ which is the opposite of what he said.

Doesn't matter to me really, but saying there's no effort involved with Legion and gearing is ridiculous. With legendaries I can agree, since you get them from shit you're doing anyway (as you said).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    The old legendaries? The only reason the old legendaries were rare was because a lot less of the playerbase actually completed end game content involving raiding like Black Temple for example. Right now there's LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic so there's something for everyone. Back then it was 25m heroic or bust (for BT).

If there were more people raiding, the glaives would have been a lot less rare. That's the thing with these legendaries, everyone and their mom can get them because they can be earned from the daily routine.

Same goes for the Wrath legendary. Hardly any RNG involved but it took a while to earn it because you required a good group to get the quests done. Only RNG was shadow frost but it was doable within 3 lock outs.

Now it's just completely RNG. That's it. No group really required either.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-09-18 at 02:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere2Be View Post
    Supposedly there's a "Pity" timer for Legion Legendaries, and it's completely seperate of old legendaries. The way it's supposed to work is every time you perform or "complete' an action that can potentially result in a legendary, i.e., emissary caches, heroic dungeons, mythic dungeons, and don't receive a legendary, there's an incremental increase of the "Drop" chance of a Legion Legendary.

Consider me salty, but at the time of this post I've currently run on one character, 174 heroics, 28 mythics, and turned in 21 emissary caches. Current play time at this level(110) is 10 days, 3 hours, and I've yet to receive one legendary. It is what it is, and I'm sure I will eventually get a legendary, but I do wish there was something more concrete and reaffirming about this current system. I think I personally would prefer a more tangible method of working towards a legendary, because at this point it's quite deflating.
    I don't have any official sources on it, but I've heard from someone who has contact with Sephuz (one of the designers of the legendary system) that the "pity" timer does not start till next tuesday, and that it is NOT based on the actions that you do to earn them, but instead time based. So take it with a grain of salt, I know I am. Hoping to hear something more official about the bad luck protection system.

There are three people in my guild that have 3 legendaries, a couple that have 2, and a bunch that have none. It's bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garr View Post
    There are three people in my guild that have 3 legendaries, a couple that have 2, and a bunch that have none. It's bullshit.
    Yeah, that was a bug and has since (supposedly) been dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Yeah, that was a bug and has since (supposedly) been dealt with.
    I'm aware it's a bug. But it's obvious that the pity timer isn't working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garr View Post
    I'm aware it's a bug. But it's obvious that the pity timer isn't working as intended.
    In my post just prior, I attempted to address that as well, saying that it might not even be on yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before tuesday my guild had 0 drops, tuesday until yesterday we had 1 a day, today we had 2. It seems like the drops are increasing slowly. So there is one, when will there be a 100% chance of getting it? Hard to say.

I'm curious if the timer restarts after you get one or if you just have to deal with low drop rate til a certain point...

My first was a neutral that doesn't really do much for me. So I am hoping the pity timer just resets after each legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Either way, you have to put in work
    This is like my most favorite phrase ever in gaming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I.e. Warglaives of Azzinoth and that stupid bow that served no real purpose anyway.
    It was there so you could throw out your ammo a little earlier than everyone else!