So I didnt even know that the dungeons with the Sylvanus invading ICC existed... Has anyone else gone looking into there for anything on the Runes of the Darkening?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. AreaTriggers haven't been updated since Warlords, possibly server-side now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Well.. I know we talked about this in the discord but we can't find it. Do you know the console command to see items you can interact with even when they're turned off? I'm going to snoop around Dalaran.
    Don't know it off the top of my head, but it's not super relevant to finding the journal directly (as no player has ever been close enough to it to even cache it).

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I can pull extended information for any object that HAS been seen, like that bonepile, so I'll check that.
    It wasn't interesting. Spawn time is at 3000 seconds, but that is the default. No other information present. Given the bad name (numbers on the end), I'm going to take a wild guess and say it is scenery that shouldn't even be clickable.
    Last edited by Simca; 2016-09-18 at 01:51 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post
    So I didnt even know that the dungeons with the Sylvanus invading ICC existed... Has anyone else gone looking into there for anything on the Runes of the Darkening?
    Yes.
    /10char

Is there such a command?

Deleted
    Hmmm, speaking of books.
    I spoke to Robert Newhearth in New Dalaran..

"You look confused so let me explain. You see when we last teleported Dalaran some of my books were damaged. And so this time i had them fly to our new location.
    Yes fly.

Unfortunately they were halfway over Khaz Modan when we teleported again. They should arrive in a few weeks, maybe a month. I am not worried. See me again later"

Could this be a hint to go and look in Khaz Modan or is this just something random..?

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Hmmm, speaking of books.
    I spoke to Robert Newhearth in New Dalaran..

"You look confused so let me explain. You see when we last teleported Dalaran some of my books were damaged. And so this time i had them fly to our new location.
    Yes fly.

Unfortunately they were halfway over Khaz Modan when we teleported again. They should arrive in a few weeks, maybe a month. I am not worried. See me again later"

Could this be a hint to go and look in Khaz Modan or is this just something random..?
    I think that is just backstory on why the Lorebooks that show you the harbinger cinematics are collected by him or are even collected at all. Some of them are lost and you 'see' him again 'later' whenever you want to watch the cinematics after you turn them in. Might be worth looking at that area in old dalaran.

I just finished swimming around under ICC in the caverns. There are a lot of bone piles down there but none that I could do anything with. I just tried /search at Putricide's desk and then I /kneel'ed at it and /searched again. Nothing.
    Last edited by GreenDragon; 2016-09-18 at 02:03 AM.

Don't know it off the top of my head, but it's not super relevant to finding the journal directly (as no player has ever been close enough to it to even cache it).
    Interesting. So actually interacting with the item is irrelevant? All that matters is that somebody gets close enough to the book itself? Literally anybody or does it have to be somebody with a tracking addon? This is the case even if an item is currently not able to be interacted with? I'm a newb when it comes to stuff like this but if you explain to me any processes I can do that can help I will gladly scour the world.

The Army of the Dead Orc is between artifact aquisition trigger too! Could you datamine for him too please?

Is it possible that the Army of the Dead orc isn't actually an orc, but that there are many possible models and WoWhead and such only show that one? Maybe something happened to both the raid groups in Trial of the Crusader and they are all undead somewhere. Or summoned by an NPC spell mimicking Army of the Dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Is it possible that the Army of the Dead orc isn't actually an orc, but that there are many possible models and WoWhead and such only show that one? Maybe something happened to both the raid groups in Trial of the Crusader and they are all undead somewhere. Or summoned by an NPC spell mimicking Army of the Dead.
    I mean... if we assume that the guys from ToC got rezzed somewhere, then we're talking about a necromancer near ToC in Icecrown... or dying trying to raid ICC, given their outdated gear.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Im running Trial atm to see if anything interesting happens. Ill edit with an update when I am done.

Edit: Used army of the dead after killing the champions of the alliance. Nothing interesting happened.

Are there any necromancers or mad scientists in the broken isles? Anyone that might want to be the next Putricide?

The bonepile's name implies it might be in Icecrown ofc... I never really quested around there so I dont know the hotspots for undead minion mining.

EDIT: If this is Icecrown Bone Pile 02 then what is the first one?
    Last edited by GreenDragon; 2016-09-18 at 03:03 AM.

My first impression on seeing the 4 putricide "spells" was that the journal would be found inside the secret lab. If no one has ever been close enough to cache the journal, it would make sense that it is inside, where no one has yet been. I'm betting there is still some other trigger first that sends you to find the lab.

Where might one keep the journal of a mad scientist?

A library perhaps? Maybe one that the Kirin Tor has a tie to?

Like the one in Karazhan?

Quote Originally Posted by b0928 View Post
    My first impression on seeing the 4 putricide "spells" was that the journal would be found inside the secret lab. If no one has ever been close enough to cache the journal, it would make sense that it is inside, where no one has yet been. I'm betting there is still some other trigger first that sends you to find the lab.
    I think that if you find the lab and the book in it then there is a secret room and the bone pile is a lever opening it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerella View Post
    Where might one keep the journal of a mad scientist?

A library perhaps? Maybe one that the Kirin Tor has a tie to?

Like the one in Karazhan?
    Where would the Kirin Tor keep the only copy of the journal of one of the most dangerous bioterrorists on the planet?

Probably not where anyone could find it easily.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

In a library that was protected with several security devices, as seen in the scenario with Khadgar? That was recently invaded?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think that if you find the lab and the book in it then there is a secret room and the bone pile is a lever opening it?
    The bone pile has no spells or dialogue attached to it, so unless it has a text hidden by serverside scripting, it is actually totally unrelated.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

The fact that there's no bonepile 01 makes it seem like that's just something old and leftover.

The bone pile has no spells or dialogue attached to it, so unless it has a text hidden by serverside scripting, it is actually totally unrelated.
    But that is totally possible isn't it? The one of the putricide's journal spells summons and object that doesnt exist in the files.

Putricide's Journal Area Trigger
    100 yd range
    Instant
    "Summon Object (252302))
    Radius: 3 yards"

Or can you find object 252302?

Quote Originally Posted by b0928 View Post
    The fact that there's no bonepile 01 makes it seem like that's just something old and leftover.
    I was trying to google "icecrown easter eggs" and "icecrown secret rooms" to see if there are any old unused nooks and crannies in the zone. I didn't see anything though.
    Last edited by GreenDragon; 2016-09-18 at 04:14 AM.

But that is totally possible isn't it? The one of the putricide's journal spells summons and object that doesnt exist in the files.

Putricide's Journal Area Trigger
    100 yd range
    Instant
    "Summon Object (252302))
    Radius: 3 yards"

Or can you find object 252302?
    The object before that one: http://www.wowhead.com/object=252301...adow-volume-xi
    Last edited by Dald; 2016-09-18 at 04:22 AM.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.