Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

After Legion, Playable Vrykul

After world of warcrafts latest expansion it seems strongly inclined to me that Vrykul are being teased as a playable race in the future.

Lets put two and two together:

*Carefully Avoiding Spoilers here Buuuut there maybe spoilers from this point onwards*

Okay, so your still here, right, well then lets go into it shall we.

Vrykul Followers:

So far, at least 4 classes in the class hall experience get a Vrykul follower, companion or important character assosiated to their respective class and storyline. Much like how gnome hunters were subtly teased in Garrisons back in WoD, and how other things have been teased leaning towards playable races in the past.

They can literally wear every class Armor:

Not that they couldnt -already- wear custom gear, but they have a fairly wide number of armor types they're seen in, most actually included from playable races.

They have an extremely large number of hairstyle options and a somewhat open number of skin colours/faces:

They have customisation enough already to be a playable race, with some tweaking and extra face/skin options it would be far from impossible.

They will -likely- be a neutral race, like Pandaren:

Vrykul respect and worship strength and honor, but both factions have their own variables of this, if they become playable, they wont likely be a faction specific race.

Vrykul tribes are giants among men, but that doesnt mean there arent smaller Vrykul:

In the Hall of Valor, you will notice a multitude of Vrykul of variable sizes, not all exactly the same, this suggests various Vrykul tribes exist that may not all be the same height, thus opening the door for a -smaller- but playable Vrykul race option.

They're a popular choice:

Much like Naga, Ethereals and more, Vrykul have been something people have taken an active liking to since their inception in Wrath. Blizzard has -confirmed- Ogres are in their hearts as a playable race, which means tall races are -not- outside their options.

So, your thoughts people?

Personally, I'd back the idea, would prefer them to remain the taller versions, like how you turn into the one for the daily quest hub in Northrend, it worked there, why not work for all the time (I know with items that make you bigger, could be some conflict, but still)?

i'm all up for it tbh, i'd make a Vrykul warrior in a heart-beat. the Vrykul lore is actually fairly interesting, then again i'm biast since it's based in nordic mythos

sub race for the humans

Deleted
    Also consider that the horn of valor turns you into a vrykul. If you mouse over your character it reads vrykul (class) instead of your standard race class combo

How do they fit through doors?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Vrykul tribes are giants among men, but that doesnt mean there arent smaller Vrykul:.
    Those are generally called "humans".

Mobs in a dungeon or raid are never their cannonical size. Strong or important mobs are always scaled up even bigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want Ogres to be playable instead.

They have been in every single Warcraft game, and they are known to have have classes that would make sense for them, the features too etc...
    A lot of people want one-headed Ogres to two-headed Ogres, and they won't have to work too hard in which they already have a model they could tweak up to make them a good Horde race.

Would race change too a Ogre in a heart beat, and I got everything I want to make my Ogre.
    Still too, it wouldn't be possible for the Humans to have different features like the Orcs.
    For the Horde!

I'd really prefer this over the ugly ass, unappealing ogre option everyone seems to be drooling over.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah. Next playable race are Kobolds. Extreme foreshadowing in Highmountain.
    "Boss is the bossiest"
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

As much as I like vrykul, they look to much like playable humans and I think they'd fit better as a subfaction for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    I'd really prefer this over the ugly ass, unappealing ogre option everyone seems to be drooling over.
    Same.

At this point the ones I want most are the newer Arakkoa and now nightborne, although they might be a better subrace option for night elves.
    Cool as a cucumber.

10+ Year Old Account

Come on people what's wrong with Ogres?

For the Horde!

I want the walrus people from Northrend. I've wanted them to be playable since day 1 of wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    High elves
    not gonna happen champ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I'd back this. Neutral would be the best solution as more than enough Vrykul hate eachother anyways. When aren't these guys fighting amongst themselves?

Deleted
    Ogres are long, long overdue. They're a race with a long history with the horde and still canonically exist within them via the Stonemaul clan. They're a classic Horde flavor that should have been in years ago.

Beats the typical flavor of the month levelling zone mob

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Come on people what's wrong with Ogres?
    Buh- buh they ugly and I can't ERP with them!!

But Blizzards never shown us female ogres so its IMPOSSIBLE! (please ignore the fact that practically every race was predominantly male before WoW it hurts my narrative!)

But they STOOPID!
    Last edited by mmoccc5c8b45e2; 2016-09-18 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    yea walrus would make much more sense, but then again to alike panda's. still better than vrykul. their thematic execution is awful and a insult to nordic culture. unlike walrus...
    Oh, you mean you don't like being hit over the head with not-very-subtle Nordic flavours... Again...and again.... Elder scrolls did Nordics decently, this was just embarrassing.

I'd like Tuskarr... I always found them similar in tone to Tauren. Vrykul are just too similar to humans.

Of course my fave would be an Arrakoa Warlock..... Ah. Bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Norsewind View Post
    Personally, I'd back the idea, would prefer them to remain the taller versions, like how you turn into the one for the daily quest hub in Northrend, it worked there, why not work for all the time (I know with items that make you bigger, could be some conflict, but still)?
    Im not sure if were talking about the same daily, the one Im about to mention is the one in Storm peaks. The one in Storm peaks has you turn into the blue thingy (a form of vrykul I think, not sure though} and its definitely taller. If thats possible than I dont see why it cant be playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vrykul are already in the game as a playable race: Humans. Read up on lore before making stupid suggestions.

Stop with this shit, we already have enough races and classes. Better gameplay balancing and more content, not this crap.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.