Poll: Worst class title?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    High Priest is boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I dunno, I'm just bummed they switched Cardinal out for High Priest after I reserved the name Richelieu. High Priest is fucking boring.
    Oh hey, I typed my reply before I saw this. We agree.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Worst : Slayer

Best : Highlord or Archmage

Edit: Sorry for necro, it's 6 am and I'm so tired.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2016-09-17 at 04:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have given Demon Hunters "Doom Slayer" or something. Not "Slayer". That's boring.

Legitimately blown away people hate the Slayer title so much. It's actually my favorite title in the whole game. It's succinct, simple and freeing. It's not specific enough to completely tie you down to your class - it's not like "AH, YES, GOOD PALADIN MY MAN, IT IS FANTASTIC TO SEE YOU UPON THIS FINE DAY, GOOD SIR. DOING A BOUT OF THE LIGHT'S WORK TODAY, HMMM?"

I mean Christ, you guys, we have Deathlord as one of our options and you're complaining about a title that could just as easily be an entire class in an ARPG?
    Hi, my name's Kat. I'm obsessed with pop culture and I play too much WoW.
    If you're a nerd like me come check out my fan fic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemona1d View Post
    Deathlord
    auto-invite 4 CSD
    Last edited by mmocdfc202a8dc; 2016-09-17 at 06:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slayer is horrible imo, doesn't feel like it suits Demon Hunters at all. Paladin, Mage, and Druids get well deserved and high ranking titles that I like. Also semi like warlock and DK.

Legitimately blown away people hate the Slayer title so much. It's actually my favorite title in the whole game. It's succinct, simple and freeing. It's not specific enough to completely tie you down to your class - it's not like "AH, YES, GOOD PALADIN MY MAN, IT IS FANTASTIC TO SEE YOU UPON THIS FINE DAY, GOOD SIR. DOING A BOUT OF THE LIGHT'S WORK TODAY, HMMM?"

I mean Christ, you guys, we have Deathlord as one of our options and you're complaining about a title that could just as easily be an entire class in an ARPG?
    That's the point. They're class specific titles. Not only that, they're also given to player to evoke their high rank in their class. Deathlord sounds like what a 12 year old would come up because it sounds "so edgy", but at least there's no mistaking what class it represents. Slayer could easily represent Rogues, Warriors, Death Knights, anyone who plays a lot of PvP or even someone who kills a lot of rare monsters. It also doesn't evoke much power. A slayer seems like a pretty low rank unit.

It's not a bad title on its own, but it's a terrible class-specific title. And the poll is about the worst class specific title.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    That's the point. They're class specific titles. Not only that, they're also given to player to evoke their high rank in their class. Deathlord sounds like what a 12 year old would come up because it sounds "so edgy", but at least there's no mistaking what class it represents. Slayer could easily represent Rogues, Warriors, Death Knights, anyone who plays a lot of PvP or even someone who kills a lot of rare monsters. It also doesn't evoke much power. A slayer seems like a pretty low rank unit.

It's not a bad title on its own, but it's a terrible class-specific title. And the poll is about the worst class specific title.
    Demon hunters are basically just an RPG class to begin with. They're literally built from the ground up to do one thing. It's, uh, killing demons. Hunting demons, if you would.
    Know what another word for "kill" is?
    Slay.
    Hi, my name's Kat. I'm obsessed with pop culture and I play too much WoW.
    If you're a nerd like me come check out my fan fic.

What the hell is G'Hanir? I've played this game since it came out and have never heard of it. Is that a Legion specific Druid thing?

That one is definitely the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Deathlord and Slayer are both way too edgelord for me.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    What the hell is G'Hanir? I've played this game since it came out and have never heard of it. Is that a Legion specific Druid thing?
    Wowpedia is a useful tool: https://wow.gamepedia.com/G%27Hanir
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Guardian of G'Hanir... What is G'Hanir? Meaningless title to non-druids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Wowpedia is a useful tool: https://wow.gamepedia.com/G%27Hanir
    If you have to look up the meaning of a title on Wowpedia, that's a big hint that the title isn't very good.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Guardian of G'Hanir... What is G'Hanir? Meaningless title to non-druids.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have to look up the meaning of a title on Wowpedia, that's a big hint that the title isn't very good.
    It's, literally, the Resto Druid Artifact. You could inspect the Druid using that title and instantly get the reference.

OT: Slayer is rather bland, and Netherlord seems a bit strange even if it, technically, makes sense. My favorite is Grandmaster.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    Wait, Hunter actually get "Huntmaster"? Wow, that's bad. There were so many cooler Titles that would have fit the Hunter-Theme better.

Oh well. Thankfully I have my Predator.
    Like Jagermeister. Although Blizz probably wouldnt do a specific alcoholic beverage endorsement.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

Slayer just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I mean, I get it; you're a slayer. Given the other epic titles like Highlord, Archmage, Deathlord etc I feel like Slayer is a real letdown for DHs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hunter one would be so much better if it was ___, Master of the Hunt instead.
    I'd prefer "____ Nesingwary" for the lols.

OP: I think it's a tie between Slayer and Grandmaster. They are so bland and boring, nothing associates them to their class. If someone asked me to guess their class without knowing them, I'd say the first is for rogues and the second is for warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    It's, literally, the Resto Druid Artifact. You could inspect the Druid using that title and instantly get the reference.

OT: Slayer is rather bland, and Netherlord seems a bit strange even if it, technically, makes sense. My favorite is Grandmaster.
    That's kind of interesting. My Artifact is Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire. If my title was High Priest of Xal'atath or something like that, I'd probably be pretty disappointed. How would any non-priests know what the hell a Xal'atath is, unless as you suggested they inspected me?

Now on the other hand, if my title was High Priest of the Black Empire... holy shit, that would be awesome.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

Slayer is utter garbage. WTB Illidari Lord title please.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Netherlord wins.

1. It's bad.

2. They didn't chose the most obious, awesome Warlock title instead. The simple, yet effective "Grand Warlock".

But then again, the lore established that only lesser Warlocks need soulshards to summon demons, so maybe we wouldn't deserve it anway.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    That's kind of interesting. My Artifact is Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire. If my title was High Priest of Xal'atath or something like that, I'd probably be pretty disappointed. How would any non-priests know what the hell a Xal'atath is, unless as you suggested they inspected me?

Now on the other hand, if my title was High Priest of the Black Empire... holy shit, that would be awesome.
    But would Holy/Disc also get a title? Cardinal would be cool.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huntmaster for myself. It's so boring compared to the others, and I'd like something like Pathfinder, Plainsstalker, , Leader of the Pack, Beast Master, Farstrider, Ranger or the Bowman.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?