Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tanks should not do more damage than 30-40% of a dps class

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Tanks should not do more damage than 30-40% of a dps class
    Good thing they don't! Especially not once artifacts are maxed and DPS are in 880+ gear!

I still do ALOT of damage on my DH tank. Is the hotfix live yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Letheanlol View Post
    I've been playing pretty much every moment I've been able to since launch, ive got a DH, DK and Priy paladin tank at max level and have cleared the mythic dungeons 5 times or more in total, I personally think that these changes are not necessary, but I can understand why they have happened, it's just such a shame that Blizzard have basically gone back on their word.

I think in an ideal world a tank should do around 2/3 of a DD's damage on single target and around 3/4 on AoE, it think that they were very close to these numbers, blood and vengeance AoE was slightly too high as was pals single target, I think a 10% reduc to these specific areas of tank damage would have been perfect, but 10% across the board tank damage reduc is just lazy and silly.

In the current state of the game as a VDH there is no dos spec that can lose to you ST, in AoE there is a few like spriest and feral, but those two would both annihilate a VDH on single target, it's about strengths and weaknesses. I've been playing primarily with a group of friends, we are all experienced and good players and I've found that the tank damage numbers are pretty much ok except for what I said earlier, however when I queue solo for hcs to get the bag I am normally winning single target and destroying AoE and this I think is the reason for these nerfs, the tanks rotation is usually a bit simpler than a dps one because we have to concern ourselves with surviving, which doesn't help much either. Anyway I think it's a shame they have done this but I'll get over it, and to some of these posters I just want to say if you are losing to a tank on dps for a boss and that tank isn't at least 10 ilvls higher than you than that is not a problem with the game but instead you were simply outplayed.
    This. Every bit this.

as a prottadin, pulling 600k+ aoe dps on 6 targets isn't totally unheard of. a lot of the dps classes cannot pull that off. on single target, if the fight is fast enough, i'm doing roughly 200-250k.

i feel the nerf is totally justified and in the grand scheme of things won't change much at all. bads will still be bad and keep on geting out dpsd by tanks, 10% nerf or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Blizzard changes their philosophy for tanks literally every expansion. Name one expansion where they kept them the same as the previous.
    again I didn't want to imply they have never changed their mindset before but rarely over the course of an expansion. That said this is pointless I am fine with the dps nerf and I'd welcome further nerfs.

Must be the same people that whine at me for doing more dps than them as a holy paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yeah no I had a DH tank yesterday in Mythic VH pulling 220k dps as a tank on bosses. That's a problem. He was top DPS on those 4 man elite squad AoE pulls with 450-500k dps. My unholy AoE spam was only topping at 430k. Nothing to do with lazy. Back in Wrath tanks did like... maybe half the dps that dps specs did. Not 80-90% of the damage the dps did.
    Pfft, what a scrub. As a prot paladin I burst for up to 2 mil on 3 mob packs. I end most boss fights at like 350k.

Granted, that's with 15% damage from Luck of the Draw, and burst falls off really hard after the first 30 seconds, so if I have like a 90 second fight due to bad dps, I may end up considerably lower. I'm being a bit facetious, but seriously, prot paladin damage is really good with Seraphim, but I'm not convinced we need nerfs outside of that, because if I run other talents I get out-dpsed really badly by the dpsers in my guild. I'm not actually convinced the 10% damage nerf is needed in all cases; rather I think there's just some outliers and some fringe circumstances where tanks are really good.

Part of the problem is most tanks have really good burst, while lots of dps specs have high ramp up time. Since everyone is starting to overgear heroics really badly, tanks seem really strong. I mean, when I pop Horn of Valor, Seraphim, Avenging Wrath and Bastion of Light, with lust, and the boss dies before my Horn of Valor ends, well, I'm gonna be really high on the meters. That's what happens when you have an 851 ilvl in dungeons that are tuned for 810.

Deleted
    Fuck you tank player you don't play tank to do damage all tanks were fucking cancer in pvp go fuck yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Manifestatio View Post
    Fuck you tank player you don't play tank to do damage all tanks were fucking cancer in pvp go fuck yourself
    1500 scrub confirmed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Also there is literally not a single dps class that is simming over 350k dps right now in current gear so it's literally impossible for people to be pulling 400k non burst dps. DH tanks are doing more dps than certain dps specs on single target soo... yeah no it isn't him or us, it's the spec.
    My warrior sims 400k+ on a 2½ minute fight (very generous for a dungeon boss)

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Yup, a blanket nerf to all tanks is bad game design and just plane lazy. They need to tune the tanks who are the problem.
    Agree with this, really hoping they don't nerf avenging shield dps otherwise I lose self healing as a result of a "dos" nerf. I don't beat equally geared players single target (prot pally) but I'll do well on adds... So what?

I think though the main goal was to have tanks focus on their mitigation rather than topping dos meters. A tank, after all, should be looking to take as little dmg as possible, not to maximize dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    again I didn't want to imply they have never changed their mindset before but rarely over the course of an expansion. That said this is pointless I am fine with the dps nerf and I'd welcome further nerfs.
    Considering my main is MW, I don't mind either. But it does effect every role, not just tanks. Any DPS nerfs means that now Mythic+ dungeons and raiding will be a tiny bit longer and harder.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Part of the problem is most tanks have really good burst, while lots of dps specs have high ramp up time. Since everyone is starting to overgear heroics really badly, tanks seem really strong. I mean, when I pop Horn of Valor, Seraphim, Avenging Wrath and Bastion of Light, with lust, and the boss dies before my Horn of Valor ends, well, I'm gonna be really high on the meters. That's what happens when you have an 851 ilvl in dungeons that are tuned for 810.
    You mean 780... In what world are hcs tuned for 810? we start mythics with 790 already...

Otherwise I agree, I just wanted to elevate your point

Blizzard has access to everyone's data. This includes average and bad tanks as well as great dps players. Lazy or bad dps has nothing to do with their decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    https://i.gyazo.com/fadcda978f671fb5...cd24762ef4.png

25k sims, 60 sec, elite player, almost BIS.

I suppose it would be possible with adds and suchs. But not something that could be possible on most bosses, because most hc / mythics bosses aint patchwerk.
    On armory you're not even using right talents for dps, sim arent even modeled half good for dh atm and lfg has 15% dmg buff but most importantly maybe you just need to play better ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    You mean 780... In what world are hcs tuned for 810? we start mythics with 790 already...

In the world that you cant queue for them below 810 ? :P

This was well-deserved as far as DH were concerned. I've been running dungeons since day one, and even moving up in difficulty, i have only been beaten by a DPS in ST *OR* AOE fights a handful of times. And those times were close at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    DK tank AoE has been dashing hopes and crushing dreams for multiple expansions. I can clearly remember times where I wasn't only top DPS on trash pulls but it wasn't even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    In the world that you cant queue for them below 810 ? :P
    Can't Que was to stop early heroics from being ruined by the same people who do less damage in 825 gear than good people in 790. We were walking into heroics as soon as we finished unlocking daily quests day 1 with 790-795 ilvl. and doing First mythics with 800-810.. They are easily doable in 780-785 for good people which in turn means tuned for 810 people who are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post

Well, Blizzard tuned it for 810, you can of course do it with less lol. Mythics at like 800 ilvl was a lot of fun though. There's a big difference between what Blizzard intends, and the lowest theoretical possible ilvl. If the group was really good you could probably do mythics at like 760.