Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why Velen didn't want to kill Rakeesh? (Spoilers)

First he commanded to kill him then he changed his main.

Can somebody explain?

if you continue to do the RP, Rakeesh is Velen's son.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, everything is explained in the RP, Rakeesh is Velen's son which was corrupted by the burning legion thousand of years ago

They stole him as a child and spent 13,000 years (!) turning him against everything his father stood for.

Deleted
    When I read the topic title, I was about to come rain the smack down on the TC because I thought he was one of those millennial tryhards who try and make logic work against things like the sacred parental emotions.

Then I read the topic.

I apologize for my thoughts TC. ;.;

Deleted
    But Rakeesh is a demon, so wouldnt his soul just go back to the twisted nether to respawn?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    But Rakeesh is a demon, so wouldnt his soul just go back to the twisted nether to respawn?
    All demons dont have immortals souls, dunno if he has one could have one thou.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    Really? I've not heard that before. What is the basis for an immortal soul?

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Really? I've not heard that before. What is the basis for an immortal soul?
    Don't think we know, yet. As far as I'm aware nothing has said some demons don't have immortal souls, but it probably depends on what constitutes a "demon". Illidan has an immortal soul and comments that he finds it interesting that the player demon hunter does, too, which implies most demon hunters do not.

Taking that logic, it could be considered that not all mortals-turned-demons have a demon soul, but "born" demonic races like the Nazrethim or imps most likely do.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Velen doesn't know that, though. Lore-wise, no one on our side except the Demon Hunters +Akama + possibly the Naaru has been indicated to know about that yet

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    Pretty sure they do, going by their description in Chronicle. I think the misunderstanding came from Illidan's line "Interesting, it seems you also have an immortal demon soul" (something in that line) in DH starting quest. I believe it should be interpreted as immortal demon-soul (implying that demon souls are immortal, and the DH PC's soul turned into a demon soul) instead of immortal-demon soul (implying that specific demon whose soul the DH PC took was immortal).
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe he did or maybe he didnt have the soul to return to the twisting nether. you know for Kiljaden to Fuck with Valen even more

sure Kil could manage somthing like that. he did make the lich king
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Might be a matter of fel exposure and empowerment.

7+ Year Old Account
    rakeesh is his son.

Formerly known as Arafal

Who said Rakesh is a demon?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Who said Rakesh is a demon?
    there are no none-demon man'ari-eredar.

Formerly known as Arafal

You don't even need to stay for the RP bit. Khadgar mentions Rakeesh being Velen's son when you turn in the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Velen doesn't know that, though. Lore-wise, no one on our side except the Demon Hunters +Akama + possibly the Naaru has been indicated to know about that yet
    Return of Jaraxxus is kinda telling though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post

Pretty sure they do, going by their description in Chronicle. I think the misunderstanding came from Illidan's line "Interesting, it seems you also have an immortal demon soul" (something in that line) in DH starting quest. I believe it should be interpreted as immortal demon-soul (implying that demon souls are immortal, and the DH PC's soul turned into a demon soul) instead of immortal-demon soul (implying that specific demon whose soul the DH PC took was immortal).
    Yea post-WOD lore wise everyone knows it.. Because of the simple fact that we fought archimonde again, and constant agro/death dialogue of demons saying they will return and shit. Intro at the broken shore had a plethora of demons we had "killed" before also so its safe to say freaking everyone knows about it now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    and the dranei leaders/city left Azeorth after this quest

no more dranei next expansion
    except he didnt leave yet?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    there are no none-demon man'ari-eredar.
    Except, you know, his death is pretty final... so unless dying in the fel reaver being flooded by fel magic counted as perma death...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!