Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    All Canadians benefit from immigration. Only racists are against it. There are so many studies to prove this. Educate yourself.
    Have some sources for me about that?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Yeah, unlike Europeans those Muslim nations weren't going around snatching up land and resources.

...apart from the entire Middle East and North Africa, and from the Iberian Peninsular in the West to places as far East as modern India and beyond, going into sub-Saharan Africa in the South. And instituting moral codes there, you know, telling people to follow their way of life.

I live on an island taken by Muslims, to the point that the local language is actually based on Arabic. The land to the North and South of here was also under Muslim rule at some point, the entirity of the South still is. The previous Mediterranean island I lived on had also been under Muslim rule, all the countries surrounding that one were either under Islam at one point (Israel, Lebanon to a degree) or still are (all the others).

Muslims are in no position to criticise Europeans for land grabs.
    No you, see they were brown, its not wrong when they do it because of reasons like ummm.... idk? Something something its CURRENT_YEAR$!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    All Canadians benefit from immigration. Only racists are against it. There are so many studies to prove this. Educate yourself.
    With less job vacancies available today than this time last year, with even more people looking for work. Yeah, immigration really benefits Canadians...

"Educate yourself." Fucking lol.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    No you, see they were brown, its not wrong when they do it because of reasons like ummm.... idk? Something something its CURRENT_YEAR$!
    Slight problem, a lot of them were white.

Perhaps the white ones are the evil Muslims, who corrupted the good Muslims and forced them to conquer other places.

Bloody white people!

Yeah, unlike Europeans those Muslim nations weren't going around snatching up land and resources.

...apart from the entire Middle East and North Africa, and from the Iberian Peninsular in the West to places as far East as modern India and beyond, going into sub-Saharan Africa in the South. And instituting moral codes there, you know, telling people to follow their way of life.

I live on an island taken by Muslims, to the point that the local language is actually based on Arabic. The land to the North and South of here was also under Muslim rule at some point, the entirity of the South still is. The previous Mediterranean island I lived on had also been under Muslim rule, all the countries surrounding that one were either under Islam at one point (Israel, Lebanon to a degree) or still are (all the others).

Muslims are in no position to criticise Europeans for land grabs.
    Muslim conquest was pretty much the opposite of your description. The success of their expansion hinged on the fact that they weren't telling people how to live. They followed the roman model as financially invested administrators, who didn't care how their conquered people lived as long as they paid their taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Muslim conquest was pretty much the opposite of your description. The success of their expansion hinged on the fact that they weren't telling people how to live. They followed the roman model as financially invested administrators, who didn't care how their conquered people lived as long as they paid their taxes.
    Pretty sure enslaving Greeks is telling them how to live.

Making someone a slave is not really telling them they are free to do whatever they want, is it? That would be a pretty odd form of slavery.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tell me what became of the Zorastrian religion? The Berber Language and Culture, or any of the languages, religions, and cultures that existed in North Africa, the Middle East, or Persia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I'm one of those right leaning Muricans - But I agree that immigration being a big benefit to a lot of countries that can handle it. Canada is very intelligent on almost every front-and imo - they are leaders by setting this example. I hope my country is able to handle the immegration as well as Canadians. We can be pretty mean people here in the USA, but we do mean well
    The thing is.. Canada is a rich, first world country. If it needs immigrants, they can get qualified, educated people from countries with similar cultural background and values easily. Taking uneducated third world trash and then forcing your own people to tolerate their 7th century values and change for them is in no way justified. Every country should put its own citizens first and everyone else second and last I looked, we have our own poor and people in need.

Deleted
    "was" implies that they're not trying to conquer anything today. Which they very much are.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    It's a matter of actually trying or indeed desiring to do so in the first place.
    I agree, if they don't want to integrate, it will make things damn hard, stir up resentment, and even potentially fester relations between their children and others where they have moved to. But if they at least try and make an effort, but still find it too difficult to manage? That's really all you can ask.

Pretty sure enslaving Greeks is telling them how to live.

Making someone a slave is not really telling them they are free to do whatever they want, is it? That would be a pretty odd form of slavery.
    What is up with some Europeans' obsession with the idea of white people, likely nubile Aryan maidens, being enslaved and abused by savage dark skinned heathens? Sure, Muslims did enslave some Europeans but by far the majority of their slaves came from Africa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    What is up with some Europeans' obsession with the idea of white people, likely nubile Aryan maidens, being enslaved and abused by savage dark skinned heathens? Sure, Muslims did enslave some Europeans but by far the majority of their slaves came from Africa.
    Possibly due to me not knowing much about Islam in respect of sub-Saharan history, but me knowing about Islam in respect of Greek history. Talking about what you know...crazy!

And I am not sure where you are getting the 'savage dark skinned heathens' from, just two posts earlier I said "...a lot of them were white", in relation to Muslims.

Nor would I really think of Greek women as 'nubile Aryan maidens'. Have you met many Greek women? Nubile is not a word that would immediately spring to mind.

I also didn't actually mention women specifically, much of the issue with slavery in Greece was to do with the παιδομαζωμα, which was for males and is probably what Ottoman slavery is most (in)famous for.

Possibly due to me not knowing much about Islam in respect of sub-Saharan history, but me knowing about Islam in respect of Greek history. Talking about what you know...crazy!

And I am not sure where you are getting the 'savage dark skinned heathens' from, just two posts earlier I said "...a lot of them were white", in relation to Muslims.

Nor would I really think of Greek women as 'nubile Aryan maidens'. Have you met many Greek women? Nubile is not a word that would immediately spring to mind.

I also didn't actually mention women specifically, much of the issue with slavery in Greece was to do with the παιδομαζωμα, which was for males and is probably what Ottoman slavery is most (in)famous for.
    I assumed you were talking about women, because the whole idea of collecting white wimmenz for the harem of some depraved sultan would be one of those things that people might find objectionable. As for the janissaries, they were really slaves in name only, given the amount of political and military power they wielded they were more like a kind of warrior aristocracy than human chattel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assumed you were talking about women, because the whole idea of collecting white wimmenz for the harem of some depraved sultan would be one of those things that people might find objectionable.
    In your mind maybe, sounds like more of a confession of your fetish to me, but whatever.

As for the janissaries, they were really slaves in name only, given the amount of political and military power they wielded they were more like a kind of warrior aristocracy than human chattel.
    I think I can say on behalf of everyone of Greek descent and in fact every decent human being in the world...fuck you.

No, slavery is not okay, you utterly despicable cuntish excuse of a human being. Go fuck yourself and when you have finished fucking yourself, go fuck yourself some more.

I think I can say on behalf of everyone of Greek descent and in fact every decent human being in the world...fuck you.

No, slavery is not okay, you utterly despicable cuntish excuse of a human being. Go fuck yourself and when you have finished fucking yourself, go fuck yourself some more.
    For all the talk of oppression Olympics and progressive stacks these days, as you ably demonstrated here exploding in a fit of self-righteous indignation can be pretty satisfying whenever you get the chance. But that doesn't make you any less hypocritical here, you can't explode at me for diminishing the suffering of your tribe, and then turn around and dismiss all the complaints of other groups as being PC SJW tripe or whatever.

That's not true. There are many cases of Muslims making Jews and Christians convert or they were killed. The ones that lived under their rule were taxed heavily and made to wear distinguished clothing as not to offend muslims. Sounds like paradise.........NOT!!!!!!
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

10+ Year Old Account
    For all the talk of oppression Olympics and progressive stacks these days, as you ably demonstrated here exploding in a fit of self-righteous indignation can be pretty satisfying whenever you get the chance. But that doesn't make you any less hypocritical here, you can't explode at me for diminishing the suffering of your tribe, and then turn around and dismiss all the complaints of other groups as being PC SJW tripe or whatever.
    When have I used the term 'PC SJW', or anything similar? I sometimes use SWP, which has some letters in common, but refers to a specific group who use that acronym. Where is the hypocrisy exactly?

I have absolutely no issue with people anywhere saying slavery is a disgusting practice, nor would I have any issue with someone telling a person they are a cunt if they tried to downplay the utterly disgusting practice of slavery, as you did.

If you notice, I didn't make it about 'my tribe', I am not even sure what that is supposed to mean. I said "No, slavery is not okay, you utterly despicable cuntish excuse of a human being.", I did not say that just Muslim slavery of Greeks was not okay, I just said slavery is not okay and that you are an utterly despicable cuntish excuse of a human being, both of which are accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    That's not true. There are many cases of Muslims making Jews and Christians convert or they were killed. The ones that lived under their rule were taxed heavily and made to wear distinguished clothing as not to offend muslims. Sounds like paradise.........NOT!!!!!!
    No there aren't, and as per historians, the maximum allowed annual taxation for non-muslims was approximately the cost of living for a family for about 10 days. Also, as per records, non-muslims were exempt from other taxation, and from military service.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Tell me what became of the Zorastrian religion? The Berber Language and Culture, or any of the languages, religions, and cultures that existed in North Africa, the Middle East, or Persia?
    Zoroastrianism slowly fell out of popularity over the course of hundreds of years. It's still around, however. There's about 50 million Berbers across northern Africa.

- - - Updated - - -

In your mind maybe, sounds like more of a confession of your fetish to me, but whatever.

He's right in that Janissaries were not really slaves. It's more akin to a compulsory systemic 'caste', where that caste is a martial nobility. Janissaries were often the most powerful political organization in the entire Ottoman Empire.

He's right in that Janissaries were not really slaves. It's more akin to a compulsory systemic 'caste', where that caste is a martial nobility. Janissaries were often the most powerful political organization in the entire Ottoman Empire.
    And just for the record, I was not actually defending the janissary system as some kind of humane institution, or arguing that the privileged social status that janissaries enjoyed in practice was ever an intended outcome. In general, I do find the Muslim practice of using slaves to do every conceivable form of work all the way up to the upper echelons of the military and administrative bureaucracy to be an absolutely insane setup that was practically begging to be undermined at every turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoreyai View Post
    Have some sources for me about that?
    Ugh it's common knowledge. Why should they provide a source?