Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess this is the Alliance fist-bump moment they've been talking about for years.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would be awesome to have this statue in game in org and sw

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Doesn't he like orcs? Why did they give him an alliance hoody? Its a cute statue though. Something nice to show your kids.
    he was always more into alliance.

Formerly known as Arafal

This statue is a reference to a famous statue of Walt Disney holding Mickey Mouse's hand. Kinda neat.

There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Doesn't he like orcs? Why did they give him an alliance hoody? Its a cute statue though. Something nice to show your kids.
    His favorite race is night elf and his favorite character is malfurion
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Err 76...

That's an awesome statue, well deserved!
    Woops, almost!

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    This statue is a reference to a famous statue of Walt Disney holding Mickey Mouse's hand. Kinda neat.

More content rehashes :P

10+ Year Old Account
    That's very cool. It's really clear from just about every interview he's given since Overwatch was announced that the game was a passion for him and posing him with Winston as an homage to the Disney/Mickey statue is a brilliant idea. It's not all about WoW for Metzen. Creative artists create things and thing move on to create other things all the time. Beethoven's Fifth Symphony is just as great as it ever was and not a bit diminished because he wrote four more symphonies afterwards. It's what people like that do.

It's a very endearing tribute and from what I know of him exactly the right way to send him off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Nice to see they photoshopped few pounds off him :P
    He's probably happy about that too. Ha ha.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to take a big guess and imagine that when we see the back of the statue the symbol for the Horde will be there.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I just want them to do something at Blizzcon for him. Gonna be weird being there without him <3

That monkey is instantly recognizable like Mickey is. /sarcasm. If they needed a short character, a murloc would have been more fitting.

Hard to believe someone thinks there is a bigger video game out there than WoW (of all time). Overwatch? Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    That monkey is instantly recognizable like Mickey is. /sarcasm. If they needed a short character, a murloc would have been more fitting.

Hard to believe someone thinks there is a bigger video game out there than WoW (of all time). Overwatch? Really?
    Pretty sure Metzen will recognize it and since it's for him...
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    He just like Stephan marbury in china beijing basketball team, a legend
    Stephan marbury also got a statue in beijing

Fuck, that is so cool.

Plot twist: Sargeras is Metzen from the future trying to destroy WoW before it becomes the inevitable abomination it is doomed to be; Winston is who fictionally coded WoW in the Blizzardverse via time travel to save his dimension from being destroyed by its past creator

Quote Originally Posted by Sar The Space Laser Bear View Post
    So very, very wrong.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...er-15m-players

Wow's maximum player count was 12.5m during Wrath.

And Metzen was the lead on Overwatch, hence Winston.
    WoW has totaled over 100 million players if you're going off buys and not current subs, etc.. Which if I recall Overwatch has no $15 subscription fee. G'day.

Nothing defines your career like a statue of your worst work that you did in the last 3 months of it..

Deleted
    It's a link to the Walt Disney statue and Metzen was the lead on Overwatch & designed Winston.

Metzen is a graphical designer first, comics & drawing were his first real love. I can imagine that Walt Disney was/is a source of inspiration for him, so this would make complete sense for Blizzard to depict Metzen as the spiritual father of a lot of their characters. It's an homage to Metzen his own roots and a sign of respect.

The fact that some of you in here are bitching about it not being an orc or a murloc is simply beyond sad. Do something else with your lives, you're scraping the bottom of an empty barrell: your future.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2016-09-18 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Did he create Winston or why this very new character and not Thrall beside him?
    He origanlly started out doing art and design work for Blizzard, and didn't start doing development and story until WC2. I think they mainly did Overwatch because it was his own story/idea in comparison to the other IPs.

To be fair, dude man seemed very passionate about Overwatch, not that he didn't care for the other games he's worked on, but seeing him at Blizzcon and even interviews you could tell this was "his baby".

I do hope he still opens Blizzcon or something this year for one last time.
    Last edited by Roamingstorm; 2016-09-18 at 07:36 AM.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Who is that guy next to baby Harambe?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I know this isn't a popular opinion, but that guy comes off as a 50 year old still trying to dress like a teenager. It is just weird.
    Yeah it's weird, but since when did you associate hardcore nerds with good fashion?