Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

Will the players wake N'zoth from his sleep? (Emerald Nightmare Raid)

Malfurion sensed the ancient evil (old gods, in this case N'zoth) from the Rift of Aln, one that was located at the bottom of Azeroth's oceans, now that you'll be cleansing it by destroying Xavius himself, there's no longer anything holding N'zoth back. Do you think we'll awaken him after defeating Xavius? Obviously we're not going to be fighting him until 7.2 or later, but I am pretty sure we're going to be seeing a cinematic right after Xavius' defeat.

No idea, but after reading so much about Xavius, and thoroughly hating him, I can't wait to get to smack that little shit around in-game. Knock him down a few pegs, do what the completely incompetent Malfurion (and other lore characters) could not and gut the slimy sumbitch. My rogue toon is sharpening her swords and grinding artifact power specifically for this asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    He destroyed the most beautiful dragon too Can't wait to kill him! But I am hoping we'll get something related to N'zoth after his defeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping that the replacement for Thal'Dranath will be Ny'alotha, the Old God city where N'Zoth slumbers. Chronicle lists N'Zoth's prison as very close to the location that the Broken Isles now occupy - it would be perfect if Ny'alotha rose from the depths of the ocean near the Broken Isles, an Old God city zone and a raid to try and destroy N'Zoth before his bindings fail completely and his full power is released. We can probably expect lots of faceless ones and naga showing up to protect him.

That said, my hopes for the storyline are that N'Zoth and his followers actually strike a bargain with us - with the Legion invading in force, the defenders of Azeroth need allies badly. And N'Zoth too needs allies, since he and his forces aren't powerful enough to fight the Legion alone - N'Zoth doesn't want Azeroth destroyed either, since he's hoping to corrupt the nascent Titan within Azeroth.

Ultimately, maybe helped along by some desperate and crazy NPCs, N'Zoth is spared destruction and his bindings are broken, unleashing the full might of the Old God against the Legion. We've fought the Old Gods many times over the years, so this would be the first time we'd actually get to fight alongside them. Both sides would be fully aware that as soon as the Legion is dealt with, they'll be back to trying to kill each other. But N'Zoth's release would set him up to be a major threat in a follow-up expansion, maybe one dealing with Azshara or Azeroth's underworld.

Deleted
    I am still banking on N'zoth being dealt with in an Old Gods themed expansion, alongside Queen Azshara hopefully. I would be bummed out of my mind if either turned into throw away, mid tier bosses.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-09-18 at 10:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I'm hoping that the replacement for Thal'Dranath will be Ny'alotha, the Old God city where N'Zoth slumbers. Chronicle lists N'Zoth's prison as very close to the location that the Broken Isles now occupy - it would be perfect if Ny'alotha rose from the depths of the ocean near the Broken Isles, an Old God city zone and a raid to try and destroy N'Zoth before his bindings fail completely and his full power is released. We can probably expect lots of faceless ones and naga showing up to protect him.

That said, my hopes for the storyline are that N'Zoth and his followers actually strike a bargain with us - with the Legion invading in force, the defenders of Azeroth need allies badly. And N'Zoth too needs allies, since he and his forces aren't powerful enough to fight the Legion alone - N'Zoth doesn't want Azeroth destroyed either, since he's hoping to corrupt the nascent Titan within Azeroth.

Ultimately, maybe helped along by some desperate and crazy NPCs, N'Zoth is spared destruction and his bindings are broken, unleashing the full might of the Old God against the Legion. We've fought the Old Gods many times over the years, so this would be the first time we'd actually get to fight alongside them. Both sides would be fully aware that as soon as the Legion is dealt with, they'll be back to trying to kill each other. But N'Zoth's release would set him up to be a major threat in a follow-up expansion, maybe one dealing with Azshara or Azeroth's underworld.
    I got feeling, that N'Zoth might be an final boss in somekind of raid familiar to Ulduar in WOTLK. The thing is, that maybe in that raid we will face Azshara as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel Azshara and N'Zoth are long overdue. As in "since Cataclysm" since long overdue. I'm pretty much done hoping and mostly have given up that it will be done any time soon. There's enough fan service in Legion to keep me occupied anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Deleted
    Azshara will most def be in this expansion. N'zoth and her were already anticipated for Cataclysm, and as mentioned overdue.

No way she should get this much screentime along with all the naga incursions if we were not getting a face-off with her at least.

There is simply not a better time, you cant make a whole expansion only on n'zoth and azshara, it would simply be too.... weird... as in why didnt we face them in cataclysm or legion weird.

You want a clean slate for void lords expansion, and not those two as the warm up.

I think they will give us Azshara as a tier 2 or tier 3 raid, and save N'zoth for a bit, either later in the expansion, maybe even a surprise final boss.

The whole problem here is the expansion is named LEGION. Which makes N'zoth an odd fellow. Never have there been a better time for him, but he does deserve his credit. But Legion is the name of the expansion, which would be it weird for us not to at least face an avatar of sargeras as the final boss.

Im hopeful blizzard will give us some very big names to raid in this expansion, as they have already shown. It is literally game of thrones right now, which burns out famous stuff, but makes for great lore and entertainment. Im sure they can give Azshara and N'zoth their due, even if they might not be final bosses, but lets see what blizzard will do.
    Last edited by mmoc8c93e36b48; 2016-09-18 at 05:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Azshara will most def be in this expansion
    Your source?

With Azsuna hinting at Old Gods / Naga i'm pretty sure we will see Azshara / N'zoth as bosses on this expansion.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurkov View Post
    With Azsuna hinting at Old Gods / Naga i'm pretty sure we will see Azshara / N'zoth as bosses on this expansion.
    Yeah. Like when we had those in Cataclysm. Fun times.

Wait, we didn't.

Ok seriously now, joking aside, I am still convinced that neither Azshara nor N'zoth will be killed off this expansion. Mark my words.

They should be azshara as final boss for normal and heroic modes and N'zoth as final boss for mythic after azshara defeat, but i doubt they'll do it, N'zoth is too important lorewise to gate it for "hardcores only"

So i doubt they'll do it this expansion. Azshara and N'zoth should be part of two different tiers, would be a waste using both in the same raid.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    No idea, but after reading so much about Xavius, and thoroughly hating him, I can't wait to get to smack that little shit around in-game. Knock him down a few pegs, do what the completely incompetent Malfurion (and other lore characters) could not and gut the slimy sumbitch. My rogue toon is sharpening her swords and grinding artifact power specifically for this asshole.
    "Toon".
    :|
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    I am still banking on N'zoth being dealt with in an Old Gis themed expansion, alongside Queen Azshara hopefully. I would be bummed out of my mind if wither turned into throw away, mid tier bosses.
    Yes, that is my exact thought as well, I would LOVE a Old god expansion. So I am pretty sure we'll face N'zoth this expansion but perhaps we don't really kill him, we just push him back into the ocean so that he may regain is true strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Azshara will most def be in this expansion. N'zoth and her were already anticipated for Cataclysm, and as mentioned overdue.

No way she should get this much screentime along with all the naga incursions if we were not getting a face-off with her at least.

There is simply not a better time, you cant make a whole expansion only on n'zoth and azshara, it would simply be too.... weird... as in why didnt we face them in cataclysm or legion weird.

You want a clean slate for void lords expansion, and not those two as the warm up.

I think they will give us Azshara as a tier 2 or tier 3 raid, and save N'zoth for a bit, either later in the expansion, maybe even a surprise final boss.

The whole problem here is the expansion is named LEGION. Which makes N'zoth an odd fellow. Never have there been a better time for him, but he does deserve his credit. But Legion is the name of the expansion, which would be it weird for us not to at least face an avatar of sargeras as the final boss.

Im hopeful blizzard will give us some very big names to raid in this expansion, as they have already shown. It is literally game of thrones right now, which burns out famous stuff, but makes for great lore and entertainment. Im sure they can give Azshara and N'zoth their due, even if they might not be final bosses, but lets see what blizzard will do.
    I actually think Blizzard is just planting seeds for the next expansion with the Naga involvement. Outside of the Legion Azshara+Nzoth are the only big name bads left and it'd be a huge waste to throw them away in a mid tier raid. Instead I think this expac will continue to focus on Legion and culminate with a final battle against Kiljaeden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posted this in another thread a while ago but I certainly hope they do something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKjUgLrDEbI (0:23 and out).
    Perhaps remake the world a bit for some more old gods related stuff, pre-event could be insanity around the major cities, much like the pre-legion event but on a bigger scale.

They've got Stephan Frost from the Wildstar team and I think he is one of the guys who created the strain in Wildstar, and if you think back to that, it kinda looks like something old god related. So they could for sure make an old god / Azshara related expansion.

Deleted
    N/Zoth is too big a character lore wise to be defeated in some mid expansion patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I actually think Blizzard is just planting seeds for the next expansion with the Naga involvement. Outside of the Legion Azshara+Nzoth are the only big name bads left and it'd be a huge waste to throw them away in a mid tier raid. Instead I think this expac will continue to focus on Legion and culminate with a final battle against Kiljaeden.

If they use Kil'Jaeden as the last boss of this expansion it would be a HUUUGE letdown.

So many champions dead, aspect dead, emerald dream invaded.... just to defeat Kil'Jaeden... Again...

Again the name is LEGION.

If we do not defeat it here.. or at least deal a serious blow, more than a right/left hand...what then? Legion 2? It would be very stupid. We already fought Kil'Jaeden once, and archimonde twice. They cant keep getting away with that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    N/Zoth is too big a character lore wise to be defeated in some mid expansion patch.
    I disagree with this. It's important to remember that we've only fought two Old Gods so far, and neither were the final tier. Y'Shaarj heavily influenced the final MoP tier, but we never actually fought it, either.

We've also already seen Azshara while questing, and setting an entire expansion around the Broken Isles makes it the perfect time to go up against her. Whether or not we kill her isn't really the point, but I'll be very surprised if we don't get a water/naga themed raid tier, which is also the perfect time to introduce N'Zoth.

So, for my money, there's never been a more perfect time to go up against N'Zoth and Azshara, and I don't think there'll be another one. The only way I could imagine it would be a whole expansion focused on N'Zoth and his city risen from the seas, probably with the Southern Isles (forget the name) as the new "continent" and a focus on water gameplay, possibly including player-owned ships. It seems like a very specific setting for an expansion, though.

It's also worth remembering that we fought the last Old God in an expansion called "Wrath of the Lich King" and it was a mid-tier boss, so it's not as if they can't throw an Old God at us in the middle of Legion.

And we have Argus hints too, so guess which one is more likely of the two? It can't be both as we already know Tomb of Sargeras is one of the remaining 2 raid tiers.

Azshara and N'zoth will have their own expansion.