Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It uses about 2.3 GB for me, I don't have many addons though.
    Hrmmm, might have to get rid of this UI I use...

Deleted
    it's your hard disk space. You need to free up some.

If you want to know more about it google windows hard disk paging.

In general if your system hd (where your windows installation is) is at or more than 85-90% full, be prepared for unexpected program behavior and other problems such the one you have with wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stukov View Post
    it's your hard disk space. You need to free up some.

If you want to know more about it google windows hard disk paging.

In general if your system hd (where your windows installation is) is at or more than 85-90% full, be prepared for unexpected program behavior and other problems such the one you have with wow.
    I have 50GB free on my Boot SSD, just under 1TB free on both my 2TB drives and 40GB on my gaming SSD, so I don't think hard disk space is the issue However, thank you for the info as I googled it and learnt a bit more

- - - Updated - - -

Just a little update, ever since disabling SuperFetch and updating my Killer network drivers, I've yet to have the caution pop up, and this when playing WoW with addons and going up to nearly 12GB used RAM (which would definitely have thrown the caution before). I'm hoping, fingers crossed, that this has solved the issue, so I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my thread for helping!

Just out of curiosity, what size should I set my page file to be able to get to maximum?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I have 50GB free on my Boot SSD, just under 1TB free on both my 2TB drives and 40GB on my gaming SSD, so I don't think hard disk space is the issue However, thank you for the info as I googled it and learnt a bit more

- - - Updated - - -

Just a little update, ever since disabling SuperFetch and updating my Killer network drivers, I've yet to have the caution pop up, and this when playing WoW with addons and going up to nearly 12GB used RAM (which would definitely have thrown the caution before). I'm hoping, fingers crossed, that this has solved the issue, so I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my thread for helping!

Just out of curiosity, what size should I set my page file to be able to get to maximum?
    I have 16GB RAM and use a 1GB swap file. I haven't seen a low memory warning yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I'll set it for 1GB and see how that works. Thanks!

edit: Heh, it was already set to 1024MB ;P So yeah, not changing anything.

- - - Updated - - -

ok... slight update. This time I got a WoW Error saying it had ran out of memory (not a Windows Caution thing)... and my WoW then closed. It has to be either an addon or something wrong with the WoW client... I'm going to try a repair or maybe a complete reinstall :/ Here's me thinking I'd fixed it!

Nobody has mentioned yet as far as i saw but these specific errors can (and often do) pop up because of VIDEO MEMORY (VRAM) usage - it's just not a system RAM thing. You should check your VRAM usage while playing and when those warnings pop up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    Nobody has mentioned yet as far as i saw but these specific errors can (and often do) pop up because of VIDEO MEMORY (VRAM) usage - it's just not a system RAM thing. You should check your VRAM usage while playing and when those warnings pop up.
    Thanks for the tip, I will monitor it while I play. Currently redownloading and installing WoW with a hope it'll do something magic :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Ok, I'll set it for 1GB and see how that works. Thanks!

edit: Heh, it was already set to 1024MB ;P So yeah, not changing anything.

- - - Updated - - -

ok... slight update. This time I got a WoW Error saying it had ran out of memory (not a Windows Caution thing)... and my WoW then closed. It has to be either an addon or something wrong with the WoW client... I'm going to try a repair or maybe a complete reinstall :/ Here's me thinking I'd fixed it!
    My ram usage doesn't go over 2gb. Just find another ui suite or just use the addons you need only. It's not the game itself.

Windows 10 shitversary is the cause of almost all memory leaks. What a fucking disaster.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    My ram usage doesn't go over 2gb. Just find another ui suite or just use the addons you need only. It's not the game itself.
    Most likely is one of the addons in the UI pack I use. It'll be heartbreaking (lol) to have to change! but if it's causing the problem then change I shall

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Windows 10 shitversary is the cause of almost all memory leaks. What a fucking disaster.
    I was having my issue before updating to the anniversary update.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, except no. I, and many others, have had zero issue with any version of Windows 10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Yeah, except no. I, and many others, have had zero issue with any version of Windows 10.
    Here's the kicker though.
    Most computers are not built on identical pieces.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Here's the kicker though.
    Most computers are not built on identical pieces.
    I know. However, that poster stated that unequivocally, Windows 10 "is the cause of almost all memory leaks". If the base OS were the cause of nearly all memory leaks, nearly anyone running the OS would see it, regardless of hardware.

That's gonna need a massive citation.

Drop your view distance. I had the same problem the first time I launched Legion, had to drop it a notch or two.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Drop your view distance. I had the same problem the first time I launched Legion, had to drop it a notch or two.
    I'll give this a try, thanks.