Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Sargeras MUST die this expansion, and here's why.

The title pretty much sums up what this post will be about, and although it is probably mostly personal opinion I actually think I have a decent enough point to make this a thread. Sargeras himself must die this expansion.

So by now you're probably wondering what the hell I'm going on about so let me explain. Sargeras is the leader and founder of the Burning Legion, so whilst he is alive the Legion will always be an existing and mighty force. As you might expect, the Burning Legion is mostly comprised of Demons who cannot be truly "killed" because when they die on Azeroth, they are simply sent to the Twisting Nether to regain their strength so that they can return once more.

Lets just quickly rush straight into the middle of my point: The Legion is invincible whilst Sargeras lives. If we defeat this Legion invasion, they will only return again which means another expansion based on the Legion invading Azeroth. Azeroth cannot be destroyed by the Legion because it would literally ruin the story progression and immersion of the game even more so than what the Cataclysm did.

The Burning Crusade had a lot to do with the Legion.
    Warlords of Draenor had a lot to do with the Legion.
    Legion is pretty much all to do with the Legion.

The only way to defeat the Legion is by defeating Sargeras. If we do not defeat him and only push him back, it will force another Legion based expansion in the near future. The next expansion literally cannot be anything to do with the Legion, because by then everyone will be absolutely sick of Demons.

Each expansion has an ultimate plan, a defining point that makes the story feel like it was relevant. In Warlords of Draenor, we setup the return of the Legion. In Legion, there needs to be something that happens to create the importance of the next expansion. Defeating Sargeras is the key, but only by killing him can we truly defeat him.

Disclaimer: I don't actually think we will kill, defeat nor banish Sargeras. I simply think its something that absolutely needs to happen to further progress the story of WoW.

um its nice youre thinking about lore

but youve completely forgotten everything wow has just introduced about the void

the void gives a narrative for the legion

Every expansion has had to do with the Burning Legion. They're the primary antagonist of the entire Warcraft series as we know it today. If it was a problem we'd know by now.

And yeah, now they do have the void/darkness to fall back on if they decide to. Then we fight darkness.

i don't think we are yet too powerful to defeat him. i think we are gonna team up with the legion to defeat a greater evil which is the viod lords.

Kill Sargeras and the demons will still be able to revive in the Twisting Nether.

Sargeras is MIA atm, his body and avatar was destroyed and his soul is banished in the twisting nether as i know... The actual legion leader is kil jaeden since sargeras is MIA.

I bet we will have an raid for kil jaeden before we have anything sargeras related.

Deleted
    It's not Sargeras, it's Kil'Jaedan this expansion. Maybe the last patch will bring us to Argus or that is one of the future expansions.

KJ is the boss of legion.

book ends and all that

Deleted
    No. Sargeras will get a redemption story and im calling it now. As far as we know the army of the light is led by Lothraxion, a nathrezim and a demon, and the naaru were able to cleanse him. And if that's possible for him then i bet its possible to cleanse sargeras and maby the legion too, and then we join forces and go fight the void stuff.

Deleted
    I'm still trying to figure out how we will stop a Titan.

We're going to need to kill Sargeras before moving onto the Void Lords. Given Sargeras' motivations, that's a given.

Honestly, I think it's feasible that we might deal with Sargeras soon. We already already have the Army of the Light on Argus fighting for a decisive victory against the Legion, Velen preparing to blast off into space, and a bunch of plot hooks to go after even if the Legion is defeated forever. They've quite deliberately set things up so that the defeat of the Legion is no longer the end of the Warcraft story, and I think they realize that making every third expansion into a Legion expansion is going to get old.

As an aside, I think that they'd only do Argus as a zone, rather than use it as a continent for an expansion. My reasoning for that is that Argus is a world completely and utterly dominated by the Legion - it stands to reason that most of the planet would basically be the same thing, fel-ravaged and Legion-populated. It would make sense to do it as a single, big zone to maintain the Legion focus.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    No. Sargeras will get a redemption story and im calling it now. As far as we know the army of the light is led by Lothraxion, a nathrezim and a demon, and the naaru were able to cleanse him. And if that's possible for him then i bet its possible to cleanse sargeras and maby the legion too, and then we join forces and go fight the void stuff.
    cleansing a nathrezim doesnt say much about anything though

nathrezim got sargeras onto the path of his anti-void rampage by whiserping themselves into an advisory position

theyre just manipulators seeking power, not inherently evil

its entirely reasonable then that a nathrezim saw an opportunity to advise his way to the top of the light, just like one did to sargeras, and he now leads the army of the light

nathrezim are just space goblins. instead of trading in money they trade in power.

Even with our legendary weapons, there is absolutely no way the players could kill Sargeras. The dude literally slices planets in half. At this point, we can barely hold back his minions within our own home turf. If they're going to set up Sargeras' downfall, it's going to require so much more than the player can currently muster.

So yes, that means another expansion of fighting the Legion. I think the Legion is large enough of an opponent that things can be shaken up enough that it doesn't get stale. I think the best way to do this is to delve into the heart of the Legion. Find the Army of the Light; see where the Pantheon fell; seek out the origins of the Legion itself. Seeing a lightsworn Nathrezim may hint toward this. This could also help introduce the Void to players and the threat it presents.

I'm not in favor of stretching out a topic more than it needs to be, but this is the Burning Legion. Rushing toward the end of that fight just is not a great idea. There's still so much more that needs to be set up.

Deleted
    What I think will happen :

We will permanently kill Kil'Jaeden on Argus at the end of the expansion.

With Sargeras not having KJ and Archimonde (who's probably going to be recovering for a while), he's going to be crippled (still god-like though).. we'll have an opportunity to cause some havoc in the Twisting Nether, granted we find someone powerful enough to get us there. This is where I think the plot twist will come that actually Queen Azshara will be somehow involved in getting us there, and helping us defeat Sargeras.

It would also fit the goal of Nzoth and his deceased old gods rivals .. to defeat the last standing titan once and for all, and clearing a path for the void lords to do everything they wish, without being interrupted by the burning legion. Since Azshara is probably a pawn of Nzoth, means that this could actually happen.

I do see Elune restoring Sargeras back to the light, they wouldn't let such a big villain die without a good redemption following it up.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2016-09-18 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    Sargeras isn't going to get a redemption arc. He turned on and killed the whole Pantheon in the pursuit of stopping the Void Lords (ignoring their suggestion that there was a better way to do so), and this whole Burning Legion thing is his totally deliberate means of doing so. I mean, as a character, he's about as far away from saying "maybe this wasn't such a good idea" as he could possibly be.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Sargeras isn't going to get a redemption arc. He turned on and killed the whole Pantheon in the pursuit of stopping the Void Lords (ignoring their suggestion that there was a better way to do so), and this whole Burning Legion thing is his totally deliberate means of doing so. I mean, as a character, he's about as far away from saying "maybe this wasn't such a good idea" as he could possibly be.
    the easy redemption story would come from him being right all along

Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    Even with our legendary weapons, there is absolutely no way the players could kill Sargeras. The dude literally slices planets in half. At this point, we can barely hold back his minions within our own home turf. If they're going to set up Sargeras' downfall, it's going to require so much more than the player can currently muster.

So yes, that means another expansion of fighting the Legion. I think the Legion is large enough of an opponent that things can be shaken up enough that it doesn't get stale. I think the best way to do this is to delve into the heart of the Legion. Find the Army of the Light; see where the Pantheon fell; seek out the origins of the Legion itself. Seeing a lightsworn Nathrezim may hint toward this. This could also help introduce the Void to players and the threat it presents.

I'm not in favor of stretching out a topic more than it needs to be, but this is the Burning Legion. Rushing toward the end of that fight just is not a great idea. There's still so much more that needs to be set up.
    To be honest, the Burning Legion thing has already been stretched out quite a bit. We've had a bajillion proxy villains set up by them or working directly on their behalf, and we've been ready to go at 'em for many years. Sargeras could come out as a patch boss 6 months from now, and it'd be really hard to make the case that it's too soon - we've known him by name for what must be at least 10 years, and we've defeated pretty much all of his right-hand men (some of them several times).

I don't think that we could really do a third Legion-centric expansion, so I'd say it makes sense to just dedicate a slice of this one to bringing him down. If we end up going to Argus, like some story elements suggest we might, then that's a good time to do it. After all, if we do go to Argus, it's hard to believe that we could start kicking the Legion's ass on the primary Legion planet without him doing anything about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    To be honest, the Burning Legion thing has already been stretched out quite a bit. We've had a bajillion proxy villains set up by them or working directly on their behalf, and we've been ready to go at 'em for many years. Sargeras could come out as a patch boss 6 months from now, and it'd be really hard to make the case that it's too soon - we've known him by name for what must be at least 10 years, and we've defeated pretty much all of his right-hand men (some of them several times).

I don't think that we could really do a third Legion-centric expansion, so I'd say it makes sense to just dedicate a slice of this one to bringing him down. If we end up going to Argus, like some story elements suggest we might, then that's a good time to do it. After all, if we do go to Argus, it's hard to believe that we could start kicking the Legion's ass on the primary Legion planet without him doing anything about it.
    They will do another legion expansion but it will be like a conclusion expansion where not everything is related to legion but the end tier will be around banishing the legion for good. I think they'll do that, by getting some very big power houses into our coalition so we can make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    They will do another legion expansion but it will be like a conclusion expansion where not everything is related to legion but the end tier will be around banishing the legion for good. I think they'll do that, by getting some very big power houses into our coalition so we can make it happen.
    I think that would just be jarring. If we're doing the Twisting Nether or Argus, it's going to be heavily Legion-centric, and both of those things can be done well as patch content. Why not do it now, when we're already actively involve in several plotlines that directly relate to heading to Argus and kicking the Legion's ass? What buildup would we achieve by dragging it out into another Legion expansion that would inevitably come out several years from now?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how we will stop a Titan.
    Ask politely
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol