Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Lots of people on social media claiming it is a false flag operation by the Trump campaign.
    Yes, "lots of people" from that one tweet you say you can't find now.

- - - Updated - - -

From what's being reported the mayor is stating that it was an intentional act but so far they aren't considering an act of terror.

No claims of responsibility. I wonder what information they have which makes them comfortable saying they aren't considering it an act of terror. I would imagine there is surveillance footage available. Maybe it's a copycat or someone being a moron.

It is interesting that no one has life threatening injuries. That does seem to indicate that it wasn't a coordinated terror attack -- has there been an ISIS style attack that had no fatalities?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Yes, "lots of people" from that one tweet you say you can't find now.

- - - Updated - - -

From what's being reported the mayor is stating that it was an intentional act but so far they aren't considering an act of terror.

No claims of responsibility. I wonder what information they have which makes them comfortable saying they aren't considering it an act of terror. I would imagine there is surveillance footage available. Maybe it's a copycat or someone being a moron.

It is interesting that no one has life threatening injuries. That does seem to indicate that it wasn't a coordinated terror attack -- has there been an ISIS style attack that had no fatalities?
    I'm not sure what you mean by "ISIS style". There haven't been any successful attacks by ISIS in the US, and the attacks in Europe have been perpetrated by locals, not fighters sent over.

The reason they know it isn't terrorism is because terrorism doesn't mean anything except "brown people did it". They don't have the information yet to declare of brown people are responsible yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking in the sense of probability versus number of occurrence, there must have been. They just do it too often for it to not happen. We are also lucky that those executing these attacks are morons.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Speaking in the sense of probability versus number of occurrence, there must have been. They just do it too often for it to not happen. We are also lucky that those executing these attacks are morons.
    That's because we define terrorism by who does it. We tend not to call abortion clinic attacks or Jewish museum shootings to be terroristic.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/17/us/new...ion/index.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...hood/90605526/

The media is pretty slow in getting the facts out, it sounds more like a bombing from social media, some are reporting as many as 25 injured when a dumpster exploded. No confirmation that it is an IED yet.
    Slow? They've been putting stuff out quickly and often.

Sorry to burst some people's bubbles, but real life is not like a video game or TV show where analysis is complete in 30 minutes. The location of the bomb is odd...main street, but not a particularly busy section of it. No obvious targets that make sense. I could be days or longer before positive links pop up.

In the meantime, I'm sure there will be plenty of speculation from the peanut gallery / armchair generals. It is likely a terrorist act, but until the motivation is determined, we don't really know which group or ideology is being pushed by the act. Of course, if it was done by a Christian (like most US terrorist acts are), then it will not be called terrorism, just someone mentally ill. Same story, different day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    That's because we define terrorism by who does it. We tend not to call abortion clinic attacks or Jewish museum shootings to be terroristic.
    We might, I don't. But, here I was speaking more globally. Including those, that cause kids in Israel to be taught not to pick up toys on the ground, due to a history of terrorism. It simply too much of a regular thing all over the world, for there to never be a case of an attack from ISIS that didn't harm anyone. If you toss die enouph times you will hit a 6...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    We might, I don't. But, here I was speaking more globally. Including those, that cause kids in Israel to be taught not to pick up toys on the ground, due to a history of terrorism. It simply too much of a regular thing all over the world, for there to never be a case of an attack from ISIS that didn't harm anyone. If you toss die enouph times you will hit a 6...
    Sure, but that doesn't answer what the hell an ISIS style attack is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    In the meantime, I'm sure there will be plenty of speculation from the peanut gallery / armchair generals. It is likely a terrorist act, but until the motivation is determined, we don't really know which group or ideology is being pushed by the act. Of course, if it was done by a Christian (like most US terrorist acts are), then it will not be called terrorism, just someone mentally ill. Same story, different day.
    The game of, in which "bad" direction is this ass hole think US is heading...

- - - Updated - - -

lol any attack...

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Nobody dead, that's good news.
    Thank god. I hope the injuries weren't too severe.

Deleted
    crazy to see how deluded some people are in terms of accepting terrorism.

Left wing idealists are causing alot of problems at the moment with being in denial about the reality of the world

http://www.vocativ.com/360127/isis-s...nyc-explosion/
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-18-11-02-21

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems, at least to me, that most islamic terror is a suicide attack style. So you generally at least have the perpetrators getting themselves killed or gunned down by police. Suicide bombings or mass shooting last-stand style.

The Boston Bombing was a bit of an exception but they still ended up having a shootout with police. They were also not directly connected to a terror group.

It just doesn't seem that a coordinated (maybe that's a better word than "ISIS style") attack would have done more damage than this one did.

It seems, at least to me, that most islamic terror is a suicide attack style. So you generally at least have the perpetrators getting themselves killed or gunned down by police. Suicide bombings or mass shooting last-stand style.

The Boston Bombing was a bit of an exception but they still ended up having a shootout with police. They were also not directly connected to a terror group.

It just doesn't seem that a coordinated (maybe that's a better word than "ISIS style") attack would have done more damage than this one did.
    Suicide bombings are a common tactic amongst forces that are at extreme disadvantage compared to their adversaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Was the Oklahoma City bombing an ISIS STYLE ATTACK committed by a white nationalist a decade before ISIS existed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    crazy to see how deluded some people are in terms of accepting terrorism.

Left wing idealists are causing alot of problems at the moment with being in denial about the reality of the world
    The reality that right wing policies towards the Middle East have turned into a total mess?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    And it was done by a Muslim. Surprise surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    And it was done by a Muslim. Surprise surprise.
    Do you have a source for this? Not seeing this pop up in any of the news outlets yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Spin the wheel everybody who are we going to blame

1: ISIS
    2: Putin
    3: China
    4: Gas Leak
    5: Angry White Male
    6: Violence incited by Trump
    7: Obama
    8: Illegal Immigrants
    Alliance sylvanas haters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    ANELElelele

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-09-18 at 05:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I'm glad nobody died.

Rare news these days

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see the whether to call it official "act of terrorism" debate has started among politicians again. It's so silly that every one of these attacks goes through that every time. It started with Beghazi, then San Berndardino, Orlando, etc. In the case even with SB and Orlando the attackers even said they were in support of ISIS, and there were still weeks of debates by politicians over calling it an act of terrorism or not. It seems like such a pointless debate wasting time trying to determine the reasoning behind the mind of the people that do it. If it's an attack that targets a bunch of random people for w/e reason, imo that's terrorism. No sense wasting resources trying to categorize it.

So now the NYPD is investigating some lunatic 'SJW' post on Tumblr where a manifesto was put up claiming responsibility for the bombing.

http://pix11.com/2016/09/18/read-the...the-ny-bomber/
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn