Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Ugh it's common knowledge. Why should they provide a source?
    Because it's the norm when making statements. Smart people know this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Because it's the norm when making statements. Smart people know this.
    I was at a lecture with a well reputed academic and he mentioned how Canadians widely support immigration since it's been so beneficial for us.

If some kn here are ignorant on the issue or just plain racist then that's their problem. Not mine.

I was at a lecture with a well reputed academic and he mentioned how Canadians widely support immigration since it's been so beneficial for us.

If some kn here are ignorant on the issue or just plain racist then that's their problem. Not mine.
    No, providing data to back your argument falls on you. I'm not saying it is or isn't true, but " its common knowledge", doesn't cut it.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Pretty sure enslaving Greeks is telling them how to live.

Making someone a slave is not really telling them they are free to do whatever they want, is it? That would be a pretty odd form of slavery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    What is up with some Europeans' obsession with the idea of white people, likely nubile Aryan maidens, being enslaved and abused by savage dark skinned heathens? Sure, Muslims did enslave some Europeans but by far the majority of their slaves came from Africa.
    Looking at these two posts back to back is pretty bizarre. There's nothing @Kalis said that should provoke the notion that he's having some fever dream about "nubile Aryan maidens". Maybe you're projecting or something.

Also worth a mention is that about a million Europeans were enslaved as part of the Barbary slave trade by Muslims. Another couple million or so were enslaved by Ottomans. But whatever, right?

- - - Updated - - -

For all the talk of oppression Olympics and progressive stacks these days, as you ably demonstrated here exploding in a fit of self-righteous indignation can be pretty satisfying whenever you get the chance. But that doesn't make you any less hypocritical here, you can't explode at me for diminishing the suffering of your tribe, and then turn around and dismiss all the complaints of other groups as being PC SJW tripe or whatever.
    Contrary to the continued othering that's attempted towards political outgroups, there actually aren't that many people that are OK with slavery, so I'm not sure what you're railing against here. Slavery's not great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    That's not true. There are many cases of Muslims making Jews and Christians convert or they were killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    No there aren't...
    Really?
    Tamerlane instigated large scale massacres of Christians in Mesopotamia, Persia, Asia Minor and Syria in the 14th century AD.
    The Massacres of Badr Khan were conducted by Kurdish and Ottoman forces against the Assyrian Christian population of the Ottoman Empire between 1843 and 1847, resulting in the slaughter of more than 10,000 indigenous Assyrian civilians of the Hakkari region, with many thousands more sold into slavery.[52][53]
    Between 1894 and 1896 a series of ethno-religiously motivated Anti-Christian pogroms known as the Hamidian massacres were conducted against the ancient Armenian and Assyrian Christian populations by the forces of the Ottoman Empire.[54] The massacres mainly took place in what is today south eastern Turkey, north eastern Syria and northern Iraq. The death toll is estimated to have been as high as 325,000 people,[55][56] with a further 546,000 Armenians and Assyrians made destitute by forced deportations of survivors from cities, and the destruction or theft of almost 2500 of their farmsteads towns and villages. Hundreds of churches and monasteries were also destroyed or forcibly converted into mosques.[57]
    And on and on the list goes. These aren't exactly historical deep cuts, they're pretty common knowledge. Not knowing this requires a fastidious bent towards ignoring persecution of Christians.

Obviously Canada's "Pick only those we like" policy yielded beneficial results, and so will their refugee policy (which more or less reduced refugees to "families and well educated"). You don't need a well reputed academic to tell you that. If on the other hand canada would start to treat all migrants (refugee or not) equal, it for sure wouldn't nearly be so obviously beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Looking at these two posts back to back is pretty bizarre. There's nothing @Kalis said that should provoke the notion that he's having some fever dream about "nubile Aryan maidens". Maybe you're projecting or something.

Also worth a mention is that about a million Europeans were enslaved as part of the Barbary slave trade by Muslims. Another couple million or so were enslaved by Ottomans. But whatever, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Contrary to the continued othering that's attempted towards political outgroups, there actually aren't that many people that are OK with slavery, so I'm not sure what you're railing against here. Slavery's not great.

- - - Updated - - -

Really?

And on and on the list goes. These aren't exactly historical deep cuts, they're pretty common knowledge. Not knowing this requires a fastidious bent towards ignoring persecution of Christians.
    The supposed need to protect white women from the ravages of swarthy barbarians is a pretty common theme in ultranationalist and white supremacist rhetoric, and while neither of you may have been invoking this directly, you'd be feigning ignorance to pretend not to know what I referring to. And as far as the slavery bit, it is once again a common theme to portray the enslavement of white Christians by Muslims as somehow the moral equivalent of the Atlantic slave trade, but that simply was not the case - there is just no comparison between the two events in either scale or severity.

Deleted
    Racists are angry, the rest is not. Some people hate immigrants, some people don't.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post

Zoroastrianism slowly fell out of popularity over the course of hundreds of years. It's still around, however. There's about 50 million Berbers across northern Africa.
    The Zoroastrians were conquered, their homeland despoiled by somebody actually,

And what of the Berber lands? Last I checked all their countries have Arabic names, their region has an Arabic name and in some countries their language is outright forbidden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The supposed need to protect white women from the ravages of swarthy barbarians is a pretty common theme in ultranationalist and white supremacist rhetoric, and while neither of you may have been invoking this directly, you'd be feigning ignorance to pretend not to know what I referring to. And as far as the slavery bit, it is once again a common theme to portray the enslavement of white Christians by Muslims as somehow the moral equivalent of the Atlantic slave trade, but that simply was not the case - there is just no comparison between the two events in either scale or severity.
    Come on man, you can't just go around seeing racism in literally everything. Muslims enslaving Christians (and various atrocities in the other direction) are important parts of the historical record. Given that @Kalis lives in Cyprus (if I'm remembering correctly?), any cultural baggage of the trans-Atlantic slave trade is pretty irrelevant to considering the history of the interaction between Europe, North Africa, and the Arab world.

Come on man, you can't just go around seeing racism in literally everything. Muslims enslaving Christians (and various atrocities in the other direction) are important parts of the historical record. Given that @Kalis lives in Cyprus (if I'm remembering correctly?), any cultural baggage of the trans-Atlantic slave trade is pretty irrelevant to considering the history of the interaction between Europe, North Africa, and the Arab world.
    I don't see racism in literally everything, but here we're talking about slavery, colonialism, immigration, subjects that are intimately related to race whether we want them to or not. If you want to talk about Legion, then I promise not to bring up race.

10+ Year Old Account
    What has ultranationalist or white supremacist rhetoric got to do with anything I've said? And when did I compare any slave trades? I talk about what I know.

The practice of παιδομαζωμα is ingrained deep within the Greek psyche, as is understandable due to one-fifth of all male children being taken from their parents, forcibly converted to another Islam and then sent back to oppress their own families. It wasn't the benign system you make it out to be. You downplaying it and saying it wasn't so bad is the rhetoric of Turkish slavery apologists, you know, that ultranationalism you don't seem so keen on, which you have swallowed wholsesale.

Your whole schtick about 'swarthy barbarians' and 'white Christians' is bizarre considering you replied to someone who said that a lot of Muslims are white just a couple of posts earlier. I know the Middle East fairly well, I used to live there, I have spent a lot of time there over my life, I know what skin tone ranges people have in that region, it appears you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

I used to live in Cyprus, I have Cypriot family and have been going there fairly regularly since the late 1970s.

Now I live in Malta, another Mediterranean island further West, though one which also has a long history with Islam - the Maltese language is a form of Arabic, it has a similar relationship to that of Afrikaans and Dutch (Afrikaans has been described to me as 'Baby Dutch', Maltese described to me as 'Retarded Arabic').

You are so full of shit lol.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is a completely sane response that is in no way an overreaction.

Somehow no one felt so when they were the immigrant waves.
    Because neither have come to Canada by the tens of thousands. I know many Italians and Greeks personally and most of their families came to Canada with nothing, with no one to help them out. Now Trudeau is pissing away our tax dollars feeding and housing these socially and culturally incompatible refugees who will just be a burden on us for the next 20+ years until their kids grow up and get real jobs while their parents lived off welfare or some slave wage job like most immigrants do these days.

Deleted
    Can we just have a ''Canada'' section in the forum so Tennisace can post all his masturbation posts there? Seriously, no one gives a fuck about some country miles away from the middle east integrating some token refugees and what their ignorant judgement of Europe is
    Also, comparing European refugees to refugees from other continents... lmao, of course Europeans are going to integrate well into a society of EUROPEAN heritage, my God the stupidity. Meanwhile all the third generation turks here are happy just living segregated from the rest of the people, speaking their own language, receiving benefits because reasons, going apeshit when master Erdogan tells them to and not taking part in Dutch affairs or feeling like this is their home...

I honestly don't see the "newsworthy" in this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    I honestly don't see the "newsworthy" in this...
    There are over 130 responses. Obviously considered newsworthy on here.

There are over 130 responses. Obviously considered newsworthy on here.
    And how many of those are serious responses to the article? And not about your posting history?

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    And how many of those are serious responses to the article? And not about your posting history?
    He cares about hits, not content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    You are so full of shit lol.
    I'm being dead serious. Maybe go to some lectures at University of Calgary or wherever and educate yourself on the issue as well. We're all Canadians and we need to be united in supporting our country.

I'm being dead serious. Maybe go to some lectures at University of Calgary or wherever and educate yourself on the issue as well. We're all Canadians and we need to be united in supporting our country.
    Still no citations? Thought so.