Shalamayne's fate

So when Varian Wrynn died he dropped his sword Shalamayne, which is a weapon on the same level as Artifact weapons. Due to the proximity to the Tomb of Sargeras it would be impossible to reacquire at this time but I have a feeling it will play a role later in the expansion in something I feel has been a long time coming.

Anduin will become a Paladin.

There are a lot of factors regarding this change that make it plausible.

1. Anduin is the son of a Warrior, and a good one at that. He's also named after Anduin Lothar, a legendary Warrior, and Llane Wrynn, another Warrior. He comes from a legacy of Human Warriors and there are even scenes from the comics of him sparring with his father using a sword and shield. The origins of Human Paladins are simply Warriors infused with the Light, which means he's just an armor change away from making it a reality.

2. In the Paladin Order Hall you acquire a Nelf Paladin follower, which normally would be impossible. Delas Moonfang is actually a priestess of Elune who converts from Priest to Paladin after you fight Balnazzar in the campaign. There is a ceremony for the change and everything. It's clearly possible, and within the Highlord's power to do so.

3. Shalamayne is his legacy. If the sword is recovered it will no doubt be returned to him, and no Priest wields a sword. It will be the final piece of the puzzle.

4. With Turalyon returning to Azeroth (possibly) Anduin would have a Paladin rolemodel to show him the way on his new path. He was mentored by Velen, which would explain why he pursued the path of the Priest.

Even if it doesn't mean change for Anduin that sword is a very important relic of the expac's greatest hero and it would be in Azeroth's best interest to recover it.

7+ Year Old Account
    the sword already is recovered and in anduins possession.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    the sword already is recovered and in anduins possession.
    There goes the dream of a Shalamayne artifact appearance for fury warriors. #feelsbadman

I think there may be inconsistency with the comics and the game. How would anyone possibly get close enough to the Tomb to recover the blade? It is literally the headquarters for the Legion on Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    There goes the dream of a Shalamayne artifact appearance for fury warriors. #feelsbadman
    Well if Anduin dies...

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    I think there may be inconsistency with the comics and the game. How would anyone possibly get close enough to the Tomb to recover the blade? It is literally the headquarters for the Legion on Azeroth.
    Eh rogues sneaking in? I mean hell in game you can go there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    SI7 maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Well if Anduin dies...
    in the same comic we got a "Many years later" look of Anduin (Old Anduin and Velen) so he's not going to die... at least not for now

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see anduin become a full fledged paladin by the end of the expansion...plus those hints in Wars Crimes that he was holding back makes me think that Anduin is going to be either a very powerful priest or paladin.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well if Anduin dies...
    he's not going to die anytime soon.

Formerly known as Arafal

Its going to direct another shitty movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    in the same comic we got a "Many years later" look of Anduin (Old Anduin and Velen) so he's not going to die... at least not for now
    Where are the infinite dragons when you need them -.-'

7+ Year Old Account
    Getting their arse kicked

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    We've seen how helpful they are in the current state. :V

Honestly, Kalec(gos) was the smartest in his approach. Instead of clinging to the illusion of playing an Aspect with a fraction of the power, he is actually aiding in a manner fitting of his current state.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    We've seen how helpful they are in the current state. :V

Honestly, Kalec(gos) was the smartest in his approach. Instead of clinging to the illusion of playing an Aspect with a fraction of the power, he is actually aiding in a manner fitting of his current state.
    yeah because he is the youngest and less arrogant of the 4, oops 3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    yeah because he is the youngest and less arrogant of the 4, oops 3
    The last of his kind, the golden generation, before the shitty Azerothian Millennial Generation came to existence.