Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Given that the situation in leveling and world quests is generally "kill a lot of the same type of low health mobs", then I'm pretty fine with it being situational.

There's not really any doubt that Guardian is superior for leveling and questing than feral. You only need 3 mobs for it to be faster. And you can freely tag every mob in a zone (with your zero cooldown free ranged tagging spell) and not have to worry about dying if the other players don't kill them for you.

A large percentage of the world quests in this game take place in Suramar where enemy mobs are very tightly packed and being unexpectedly broken out of stealth/masquerade results in you being set upon by 5+ mobs at once. In that situation feral dies, Guardian AOE loots.
    It probably is the better spec for not-so-good players, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Oh, you went there.

Well done kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Oh, you went there.

Well done kid.
    Yeah I went there, tot. It needed to happen, because you're already talking yourself into a fantasy that seems so real in your own mind. You sound like a sunday druid. I don't know what the hell you're doing in cat form if you "only need 3 mobs" to be faster as bear. It's fine that you like playing Guardian, that's cool. But you're trippin'.

Are you saying that people who choose bear are terrible people who can play another spec/class?

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Are you saying that people who choose bear are terrible people who can play another spec/class?
    I'm saying that if people have considerable more struggle with Feral outdoors, and claim that they're already faster as Guardian at 3 mobs, they're obviously really not very good at Feral.

I'm saying that if people have considerable more struggle with Feral outdoors, and claim that they're already faster as Guardian at 3 mobs, they're obviously really not very good at Feral.
    Please stop trolling / baiting people and insulting Feral players.

Quote Originally Posted by Iry View Post
    Please stop trolling / baiting people and insulting Feral players.
    Please stop trolling Pull My Finger.

Where were the "insults" btw.? And it's not "trolling" whenever you don't like the message. It's just how it is. You shouldn't be that slow and feel handicapped as Feral in outdoor content. It's a very well geared spec. If you feel you have to switch to the tank spec just to feel comfortable, you're doing something wrong and are only making it more complicated for yourself.

Personally, anything over 2 and my Feral always struggled, if procs lined up though it wasn't too bad. If I came across a bad pull of 3 or more I usually just blow all my Cds and the energy regen was high enough to keep me rollin comfortably. I rolled with Guardian Affinity for the 10% damage reduction, it doesnt sound like a lot but considering how many hits you continually take it adds up. Also Druid just feels like one of those specs that need a decent amount in the Artifact to get a decent Dps. As for the route I took to 110.

Predator / Displacer Beast / Guardian Affinity / Typhoon / Incarnaton / Jagged Wounds / Bloodtalons.

I went with Predator because it resets Tiger Fury when something dies with a bleed on it and everything we kill should have bleed when it dies so its constantly being refreshed. Typhoon because its on a shorter CD and can hit multiple targets over mighty bash. I kept Incarnation for those "Oh Crap!" moments, where an unwanted aggro or bad pull would occur. All the rest are pretty much easy t figure out why.

Deleted
    Bear is most certainly not faster than cat.
    I wouldn't be so sure. I just finished leveling as bear and it went supremely fast. The amount of times you need to 1v1 are scarce, leveling is all about masspulling without downtime, which is exactly what bears excel at.
    Combine that with instant dungeon queues for the 150k xp dungeon quests and you've got a winner.

It's just too easy as a bear not to do it.

But you're just the umpteenth forum troll on these boards posting drivel for the sake of it.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2016-09-18 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    But you're just the umpteenth forum troll on these boards posting drivel for the sake of it.
    That's a bannable offense you're resorting to, you know.

Deleted
    It was not my intention tos tart an argument here.
    Pull My Finger, what do you recommend for cat leveling?

ANd for the Bear guys, instant dungeons and another resto druid leveling with me might be nice as well (friend might go for his druid). What to think about with guard spec leveling and some dungoens?

Have a nice evening now guys.

Leveled as feral, it was fairly smooth. Transitioned to bear at max level, it is faster and easier than feral for WQs. Not sure if it would have been better for leveling, probably.

Where were the "insults" btw.? And it's not "trolling" whenever you don't like the message. It's just how it is. You shouldn't be that slow and feel handicapped as Feral in outdoor content. It's a very well geared spec. If you feel you have to switch to the tank spec just to feel comfortable, you're doing something wrong and are only making it more complicated for yourself.
    It's insulting to outright say that Feral players who are not killing 27 mobs in the time it takes Guardian to kill 3 are 'obviously really not very good at Feral.' That they are 'slow and feel handicapped as Feral'. Or that they are 'not comfortable.'

Even if that was not your intention, you are responsible for communicating clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by xa2173 View Post
    ANd for the Bear guys, instant dungeons and another resto druid leveling with me might be nice as well (friend might go for his druid). What to think about with guard spec leveling and some dungoens?
    Go for Embrace of the Nightmare first. Macro Rage of the Sleeper + Lunar Beam. Resto Affinity is safer, but Feral Affinity is better DPS due to Bearcat when questing, and also decent for dungeons so you can get out of enemy AOE easier.
    Last edited by Iry; 2016-09-18 at 08:48 PM.

It's insulting to outright say that Feral players who are not killing 27 mobs in the time it takes Guardian to kill 3 are 'obviously really not very good at Feral.' That they are 'slow and feel handicapped as Feral'. Or that they are 'not comfortable.'

Even if that was not your intention, you are responsible for communicating clearly
    There's nothing "unclear" about those words. Nor is it "insulting". You might FEEL insulted by it in case you have incredibly low self-esteem or something. But "insults" are remarks of personally demeaning nature, cuss words, namecalling etc. What I said was none of that. What you're saying is absolutely and utterly ridiculous. Someone disagreeing with you isn't "insulting". Calling a lackluster performance lackluster isn't "insulting".

There's nothing "unclear" about those words. Nor is it "insulting". You might FEEL insulted by it in case you have incredibly low self-esteem or something. But "insults" are remarks of personally demeaning nature, cuss words, namecalling etc. What I said was none of that. What you're saying is absolutely and utterly ridiculous. Someone disagreeing with you isn't "insulting". Calling a lackluster performance lackluster isn't "insulting".
    If people FEEL insulted, then it is an insult. That's the way insults work. You might intend to insult them, or you might accidentally insult them, but how THEY feel is the important thing. You should NOT invalidate their feelings. Even suggesting that their performance is lackluster because they do not conform to your completely unrealistic standards is rude, but you took it several steps further by denigrating the hell out of feral players.

And now you are stating that people who FEEL insulted must have incredibly low self esteem? Do you ever stop?
    Last edited by Iry; 2016-09-19 at 06:26 AM.

And now you are stating that people who FEEL insulted must have incredibly low self esteem?
    Yes. When they feel insulted although nobody is doing it and nothing has been said that would pass as an insult by any reasonable standards, it's a self-esteem issue. I mean, look at yourself. I have no idea why you're getting so butthurt over this, it's ridiculous.

I've been playing Feral for 12 years now. Started way back, when it was still cat and bear in one spec. I played it when nobody else outside PvP played it, when it was "not viable". Stuck to it ever since, through all the lackluster design in the early years, the "hybrid tax", being second class dps, second class tank (Illidan Shear anyone?) and all the changes, improvements and developments over the years. It's ingrained in my system by now. Of course there are going to be levels of finesse to it that you perhaps can't quite replicate, or aren't really aware of.

The fact that you're so firmly convinced that you have to play a tank spec to not feel uncomfortable or ineffective tells me that you simply don't quite know how. It doesn't really surprise me, I see people all the time saying that Feral is a comparably "difficult" spec to play and all this, which I can't even relate to after doing it for so long.

There's no shame in it either. You can't be an expert in everything. And it's obviously OK to enjoy different playstyles. That's one of the things that make this game cool. But you're being silly and ignorant in trying to lecture me in something you probably just can't quite imagine because you lack a realistic grounds of comparison. I'm fully sure you're having an easier time as bear if you say it. What's silly is that you're trying to make it gospel that it must be way superior to the way I do it because you can't do it yourself.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2016-09-19 at 07:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of people who see what they want to see is too damn high!
    Raissmo - Feral Druid - Turalyon EU

Deleted
    Since you're leveling in boosted gear and not so experienced with the spec, you can safely ignore everything pull my finger says. Unless you're leveling in HFC mythic BiS gear, or you're 110 in mythic kit, bear is undeniably faster than feral in solo outdoor content. You will be able to pull several times more mobs as bear, and you will be safer doing it. You don't even lose that much ST dps in bear vs cat - that's just how stat scaling works for tanks vs dps in crappy gear.

Play what you enjoy, but unless you're a seasoned feral in amazing gear the answer is bear 100% of the time.
    Last edited by mmoc94ce2fe08d; 2016-09-19 at 08:34 AM.

Deleted
    1 on 1 I can chainpull without a problem now, it works out pretty fine. SOme item upgrades via questing and its easier, even did a star mob without much hussle. Might go with the guardian or balance weapon next, saving AP for healing though.

640 ilvl after finishing like half of a zone ? Ok... are you equiping the quest rewards ? You had plenty of time to get 700+ ilvl from invasions, pvp, quests and so on. Even basic baleful is 650++.

Get to 101 and buy a few cheap 835-840 items. They will help a lot. Also the crafted 715-725 items go for really nothing. This is my druid here that i use to farm shit on the map (a bit extreme but you get the idea):

My feral
    I can literally aoe 8-10 mobs at once in 5 seconds. Woot