Has anyone tried experimenting in ICC and other areas while transformed with the Scholomance thingy and wearing the title Professor? Most likely a retarded idea.

As for journal's location, we have 2 options:

1) The journal is inside the lab. Then we are in dead point still, as we have no idea how to access the lab. This is however unlikely. The lab ALMOST SURELY is in Icecrown, and we find the Hook there - it's a perfect location for such weapon. Putricide also probably never left Icecrown, and surely never left Northrend, so what other location for a lab? In this situation, journal obviously won't be INSIDE the lab, it would contain clues leading to lab.

2) Journal's location is logical and lore-approved considering the events in ICC and after.

If we want to try to move forward, we need to assume 2. And then, we have to think logically - who could take possesion of Putricide's journal and when could he put it? First obvious answers are characters present in ICC:

1) Sylvanas. She above all would be interested in Putricide's Journal. She would most probably choose Undercity too hide it... but that's inaccessible to Alliance, so we can ignore it. On the other hand, Sylvanas is currently Warchief and leading war against Greymane on Broken Isles. She could have take journal with her and put it... somewhere.

2) Darion Mograine. Second on the list of journal possesion. Ebon Blade would certainly be interested in such item. Darion would most probably put it inside Acherus... but Acherus was searched all through. The journal is not there. In what other place could Darion put the journal?

3) Tirion. While Argent Crusade would rather destroy such item than preserve it, it's not a stretch to say that it might have wanted to study the extent of damage unleashed by Putricide. The journal might be inside one of the paladins' libraries.

4) Jaina. She was present in ICC and as leader of Kirin Tor she could take the journal with goal of studying magic. In such situation, she would take the journal to Dalaran...

5) Muradin took it for lulz.

And remember 3 more things:

1) It's a book
    2) It isn't looted from mob, it isn't bought, it is lying on the ground somewhere.
    3) Don't let the thread die. We need more suggestions. The brainstorm. It lead us to this moment. We need it to progress further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Perhaps the book is found within Broken Isles and you then have to go BACK to ICC?

Putricide's Journal would most certainly pertain to the Unholy DK, which only saddens me further. It would seem of pretty much all of the hidden artifacts, we have the least information in the Frost DK. Literally all we have is The Runes of Darkening. I thought it maybe linked to Tinchondrius, being that he is known as the Darkener but he is in Nighthold, which won't be released until 7.1 so we KNOW it has nothing to do with the boss fight. I've searched Fel Wood, Azshara, and Ashenvale because of his relation to those areas and haven't found anything. We've searched ICC, Naxx, Scholo, Strat, Ulduar, Acherus, the list goes on and on. Even exploring the idea of a vrykul relation seemed promising, but that as well turned up nothing. It seems there's pretty much nothing to go on at this point for frost...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post

1) The journal is inside the lab. Then we are in dead point still, as we have no idea how to access the lab. This is however unlikely. The lab ALMOST SURELY is in Icecrown, and we find the Hook there - it's a perfect location for such weapon. Putricide also probably never left Icecrown, and surely never left Northrend, so what other location for a lab? In this situation, journal obviously won't be INSIDE the lab, it would contain clues leading to lab.

2) Journal's location is logical and lore-approved considering the events in ICC and after.

If we want to try to move forward, we need to assume 2. And then, we have to think logically - who could take possesion of Putricide's journal and when could he put it? First obvious answers are characters present in ICC:

1) Sylvanas. She above all would be interested in Putricide's Journal. She would most probably choose Undercity too hide it... but that's inaccessible to Alliance, so we can ignore it. On the other hand, Sylvanas is currently Warchief and leading war against Greymane on Broken Isles. She could have take journal with her and put it... somewhere.

2) Darion Mograine. Second on the list of journal possesion. Ebon Blade would certainly be interested in such item. Darion would most probably put it inside Acherus... but Acherus was searched all through. The journal is not there. In what other place could Darion put the journal?

3) Tirion. While Argent Crusade would rather destroy such item than preserve it, it's not a stretch to say that it might have wanted to study the extent of damage unleashed by Putricide. The journal might be inside one of the paladins' libraries.

4) Jaina. She was present in ICC and as leader of Kirin Tor she could take the journal with goal of studying magic. In such situation, she would take the journal to Dalaran...

1) It's a book
    2) It isn't looted from mob, it isn't bought, it is lying on the ground somewhere.
    3) Don't let the thread die. We need more suggestions. The brainstorm. It lead us to this moment. We need it to progress further.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Dr._Terrible

Just an idea - Professor Putricide has quotes from Professor Farnsworth from Futurama - I have never seen the show myself, but are there any big Futurama fans among us? Maybe they could find something which would help us in our search...

Deleted
    Can anyone try and data-mine what Object #252302 is? Apparently it is summoned by interaction with the Journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Luctus-Outland View Post
    Can anyone try and data-mine what Object #252302 is? Apparently it is summoned by interaction with the Journal.
    No I'm pretty sure that's just the Journal being summoned by the trigger. Also I think Simca said he can't figure out what it is because nobody has been near enough to it for it to be logged in the database.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post

1) It's a book
    I believe the lore is that the Kirin Tor took all the books from ICC and whatnot that they could find. I don't know what they would have done with it though. Maybe it's laying around Kara somewhere since that's where Dalaran was first stationed. Or it's still inside of Dalaran and we have to have a certain prerequisite first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    No I'm pretty sure that's just the Journal being summoned by the trigger. Also I think Simca said he can't figure out what it is because nobody has been near enough to it for it to be logged in the database.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the lore is that the Kirin Tor took all the books from ICC and whatnot that they could find. I don't know what they would have done with it though. Maybe it's laying around Kara somewhere since that's where Dalaran was first stationed. Or it's still inside of Dalaran and we have to have a certain prerequisite first.
    What if it is in Gilneas?! It took place after the events of ICC and the Forsaken spread a huge plague!

Does completing the quest that a player gets from Dr. Terrible's "Building a Better Flesh Giant" remove the book from the inventory?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Someone quoted a npc in this thread, the books are flying over Khaz Modan.

Edit : http://www.wowhead.com/npc=112441/ro...earth#comments

Doubt it's in Gilneas, that place is super barren for horde.

No real lore to go off of for Putricide, so maybe just similar imagery.
    Last edited by jSewell; 2016-09-18 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Mixed threads up

Quote Originally Posted by jSewell View Post
    I think it would be super cool to have Dryads (A) and Centaurs (H) as playable races. The only problem would be mounts... hmm. Obviously, they could have a "run speed" style mount like Worgen, but flying would be interesting, lol.
    Wrong thread, homeskillet
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    Has anyone try the dungeon at caves time where you clean stratholme with arthas?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkandae View Post

Edit : http://www.wowhead.com/npc=112441/ro...earth#comments
    Yeah i asked about that and got shut down :P

For everyone looking for the putricide journal, here is a list of possible locations and why:

ICC - You know why.
    Scholomance - It used to have a whole butcher quarter, same theme as the DK npc that made rottgut.
    Acherus (new) - At some point AR/AP requirement later, he is going to tell us that he managed to make rottgut following some journal
    Acherus (old) - we will catch him in the act of studying the journal back in the day?
    Old Dalaran crater - There is a portal to old dalaran crater for some reason in new dalaran? the book fell through the portal and made its way during shift?
    Dalaran Northrend/Broken Isles - Some kirin tor guy stored the book in dalaran, could be literally any shelf
    Headwind pass - fell during the teleport to broken isles.

A long stretch:
    Black rook hold - We have not much background on putricide but there are books and a huge library in black rook hold? what if he is from the broken isles? long stretch I know.

Not in Scholomance. I've just searched every inch of that place. Think more people also have before. I'm going to Raven Hill Cemetery, I remember there being a Lich, maybe there's something. Will edit if anything.

EDIT: Got 'An Old History Book' from a mob in the cemetery, but that was for a quest that has been removed so nothing special I guess.
    Last edited by PerryTP; 2016-09-18 at 09:45 PM.

What if the book is INSIDE of Putricides hidden laboratory? Then we must search for the laboratory instead.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkandae View Post
    Maybe they added some crashside in this area, has anyone already checked that region?

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    What if the book is INSIDE of Putricides hidden laboratory? Then we must search for the laboratory instead.
    It's easy to miss a small book, nearly impossible to miss a laboratory. As we can't find the laboratory, it's obvious some item/quest is needed to access it. Journal is the best bet - it's logical that the location is written inside it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.