Thread: Outlaw in PvE

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadDream View Post
    1) Who said anything about sims? Real parties, real mythics.
    2) Did i said something about defence?
    3) Not really offended by a kid that can't read.
    You said something about sims by mentioning arms doing 40k more dps than Outlaw rogues, you're not seeing that in game, don't even act like you are.

You didn't, which is why I did, because you think dps is the only thing that matters when it comes to bringing a class to a raid apparently.

You're still retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Wasn't there some spec doing better DPS always? Did everyone reroll to that class? Do we have doomsayers every expansion? (and for every spec too)?
    Just spent the last week running lower level dungeons to level up an alt. The answer is yes, everyone rerolled to the fotm. Nearly every other run I did was a resto druid (because they're pretty hot on the heals side) and three outlaw rogues. From what I've seen, folks are absolutely rerolling to classes they feel are strong right now. They always have.

It just gets super nuts around the time that a new expansion comes out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemondish View Post
    Just spent the last week running lower level dungeons to level up an alt. The answer is yes, everyone rerolled to the fotm. Nearly every other run I did was a resto druid (because they're pretty hot on the heals side) and three outlaw rogues. From what I've seen, folks are absolutely rerolling to classes they feel are strong right now. They always have.

It just gets super nuts around the time that a new expansion comes out, though.
    Shouldn't they be rerolling to Arms warrior because they are the ones doing the most damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    You said something about sims by mentioning arms doing 40k more dps than Outlaw rogues, you're not seeing that in game, don't even act like you are.

You didn't, which is why I did, because you think dps is the only thing that matters when it comes to bringing a class to a raid apparently.

You're still retarded.
    you dont see that because there are no 5 minute pure single target fights
    :P
    which is what that sim says, nothing more nothing less

You're still retarded.
    Nothing about sims. Just raw data from our 5man parties. I'm seeing that in game, and i don't care about hypothetic numbers that are produced by simcraft.
    And yes, the dps is the only thing that matters when you bring dps class in raid, since raid buffs are deprecated.

Still not offended by a kid that can't read =D

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDream View Post
    Nothing about sims. Just raw data from our 5man parties. I'm seeing that in game, and i don't care about hypothetic numbers that are produced by simcraft.
    And yes, the dps is the only thing that matters when you bring dps class in raid, since raid buffs are deprecated.

Still not offended by a kid that can't read =D
    Guess what? You're raw datas from your 5mans are not authoritative. Why should ANYONE care about those numbers?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I have to say as a long time rogue player and a fan of it, I'm finding outlaw.. lacking. It hits hard, but I really am just not.. feeling it. I don't feel like a rogue anymore.

I also debated the value of perhaps speccing into SnD. just for some consistency as I find my luck with rtb to be awful. like 10 single buffs in a row awful frequently.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I have to say as a long time rogue player and a fan of it, I'm finding outlaw.. lacking. It hits hard, but I really am just not.. feeling it. I don't feel like a rogue anymore.

I also debated the value of perhaps speccing into SnD. just for some consistency as I find my luck with rtb to be awful. like 10 single buffs in a row awful frequently.
    That happens alot to me also, i love the spec, always was a fan of combat, but the Rng can be frustating.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I tried 2 5minute windows, one with SnD and one with RtB.

First downside of using SnD is you'll also lose MfD since thats in the same tier.
    So that's losing another button (and you'll end up with an even more boring version of Combat then WoD).
    5 minute window with crap gear got me a steady 175k dps on the garrison dummy.

Then i switched to RtB (taking back MfD) and did another 5minutes.
    Now to counter the 'supersaiyan godroll dps influence' i fished till i just had 1 buff every time, disregarding what the actual buff was to make it somewhat easier to compare (Shark is always good, TB does nothing if you are saving cooldowns for a burstphase, JR being meh etc).
    Ended up with 225k dps after the session.

I would have liked the results to be closer but RtB is just so far ahead its not even a contest.
    And thats without any 6 shooters that basically make you god for the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    I tried 2 5minute windows, one with SnD and one with RtB.

First downside of using SnD is you'll also lose MfD since thats in the same tier.
    So that's losing another button (and you'll end up with an even more boring version of Combat then WoD).
    5 minute window with crap gear got me a steady 175k dps on the garrison dummy.

Then i switched to RtB (taking back MfD) and did another 5minutes.
    Now to counter the 'supersaiyan godroll dps influence' i fished till i just had 1 buff every time, disregarding what the actual buff was to make it somewhat easier to compare (Shark is always good, TB does nothing if you are saving cooldowns for a burstphase, JR being meh etc).
    Ended up with 225k dps after the session.

I would have liked the results to be closer but RtB is just so far ahead its not even a contest.
    And thats without any 6 shooters that basically make you god for the duration.
    nice to know! interesting especially with just a 1 fish with no regard to what it is.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

You're still retarded.
    Why do you say that you won't be seeing arms warrior doing 40k more dps that outlaw rogues in game? So far all I've heard about arms warriors is that their single target is so ridiculous, they will always top DPS on single target boss fights.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always enjoyed playing Combat Rogue since I started playing my Rogue in MoP. I've enjoyed how it's finishing moves reduce the cooldown on cooldowns, it's incredible AoE potential with Blade Flurry and also for me just general fun. Whilst I think Combat has lost a lot of what made it great, especially things like Deep Insight, it is still an okay spec that's now more flashy and way more RNG. Still enjoyable, but ultimately the RNG on Roll the Bones is frustrating more than anything else especially with bad luck. I will be levelling mine no doubt, but I don't have the same love for it as I did in WoD or MoP.

And yes, I will keep calling it Combat.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

While I totally agree that there are not enough words in the language to describe how much fun grappling hook is, I'm still wondering about how useful it is in an actual raid, as compared to the constant 15% speed increase. While gh does amazing things, I can't think of a single time that it would have been a difference maker in the raid. Yes, it's great to jump on stuff, but how often do we jump on stuff in a raid? Yes, moving out of fire is of paramount important, but we always managed to do that with out gh, whereas, given the fact that we spend a LOT of time running around in raids (where have you gone, Patchwerk, rogue nation turns its lonely eyes to you), being able to run away 15% faster seems like.....a good thing.

Not make a definitive proclamation here, just tossing it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayke View Post
    While I totally agree that there are not enough words in the language to describe how much fun grappling hook is, I'm still wondering about how useful it is in an actual raid, as compared to the constant 15% speed increase. While gh does amazing things, I can't think of a single time that it would have been a difference maker in the raid. Yes, it's great to jump on stuff, but how often do we jump on stuff in a raid? Yes, moving out of fire is of paramount important, but we always managed to do that with out gh, whereas, given the fact that we spend a LOT of time running around in raids (where have you gone, Patchwerk, rogue nation turns its lonely eyes to you), being able to run away 15% faster seems like.....a good thing.

Not make a definitive proclamation here, just tossing it out there.
    Boss is doing a one shot kill nova ability. 15% movement speed need to start moving out like everyone else, maybe a tiny bit later cause they run faster. Grappling hook don't have to till the last second cause we can grapple hook outside the nova's range so we get to dps even longer.

That's just 1 scenario grappling hook > 15% movement speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boss is doing a one shot kill nova ability. 15% movement speed need to start moving out like everyone else, maybe a tiny bit later cause they run faster. Grappling hook don't have to till the last second cause we can grapple hook outside the nova's range so we get to dps even longer.

That's just 1 scenario grappling hook > 15% movement speed.
    It's a lovely ability. Unfortauntely, an argument could be made for the 15% speed if you're wearing the legendary boots. As long as you're not relying on the hook to avoid some serious time away from a boss, I imagine they'd pull ahead. Bit of a niche situation, mind you.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkelle View Post
    It's a lovely ability. Unfortauntely, an argument could be made for the 15% speed if you're wearing the legendary boots. As long as you're not relying on the hook to avoid some serious time away from a boss, I imagine they'd pull ahead. Bit of a niche situation, mind you.
    Obviously a legendary might change the way you play, but how many people have that legendary? Less than 1% of rogues that's how many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously a legendary might change the way you play, but how many people have that legendary? Less than 1% of rogues that's how many.
    Aye, hence the bit at the end of what I said.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

If anyone here played feral at 110 as well as a rogue, can you tell me how fun they are compared to one another? Having a real hard time deciding and I don't think I can bear levelling both :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggon View Post
    If anyone here played feral at 110 as well as a rogue, can you tell me how fun they are compared to one another? Having a real hard time deciding and I don't think I can bear levelling both :/
    I hate the new play style of Feral. If you ONLY want to DPS then go Rogue, if you want to be able to heal or tank if needed or down the road then go Feral.

FYI I believe Feral sims slightly higher ST DPS right now but lacks AoE and is also harder to master.

Quote Originally Posted by neozz1 View Post
    I hate the new play style of Feral. If you ONLY want to DPS then go Rogue, if you want to be able to heal or tank if needed or down the road then go Feral.

FYI I believe Feral sims slightly higher ST DPS right now but lacks AoE and is also harder to master.
    Well with rogue I am mostly worried that the rotation is too simplistic (at least it looks to be for me on paper) and I will get bored quickly. So I am wondering if outlaw has enough room for improvement.