Deleted
    I think we is not saying that, what he says is that if Blizzard do a Legacy server, is like admitting that is old game is batter that the new one. I think.

BTW, i also think than in Blizzcon is not gonna happen nothing, but my theory is moore about how a lot of old designers and guys over Blizzard from the past WoW are leaving the company...maybe they are pushing to make Legacy in some way, but Blizzard is saying no to them, so they are leaving...

Wild dreams i guess ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    LOL quotes like this are just pure gold. "We want legacy servers but guess what, if you make them we're going to shit on you because you just are admitting you fucked up and went in the wrong direction the past few years." is pretty much what you are saying.
    Pretty much, yea. What's your point? But mostly, I want them to bring back the same play style that Vanilla had to modern WoW, cause modern WoW sucks. It has sucked since Cata, and gotten worse each expansion. There's a reason why people sought out Nostalrius.

But whatever, you'll tell me I'm wrong and then eventually my predictions come true. Legion isn't doing well, and in fact the subscribers not only peaked but are already declining. There are literally 3 million less active players this week compared to last week. None of this will bring legacy servers, but it'll certainly force Blizzards hand to do something. Probably the removal of subscriptions or something.

Dark web Nostalrius. I'm calling it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    I think we is not saying that, what he says is that if Blizzard do a Legacy server, is like admitting that is old game is batter that the new one. I think.
    Yep, pretty much this.
    BTW, i also think than in Blizzcon is not gonna happen nothing, but my theory is moore about how a lot of old designers and guys over Blizzard from the past WoW are leaving the company...maybe they are pushing to make Legacy in some way, but Blizzard is saying no to them, so they are leaving...
    Didn't Ghostcrawler say he hated catering to Grandma? Ah, here we are. The game designers don't have much freedom for creativity to begin with. The company wants more mechanics that keep people playing the game, and accessible enough so Grandma can play as a tank on LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Hey, if Legacy realms happen, I'll play, if not, then I'm not gonna cry about it anymore.

I am really enjoying Legion as it is right now, but we'll see in a few months from now on.
    The only parts I'd love about Legacy now are the old talent systems, everyone is gonna be playing together and no fcking flying mounts.

I really just hope that they do address it at Blizzcon though, that would mean a lot to me at least, to have a final "no" or a yes.
    But if they say no now, then nobody is ever going to play legacy realms if they release them in a long time from now to "save" wow.

So it is basically now in the not so distant future or never.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    cause modern WoW sucks. It has sucked since Cata, and gotten worse each expansion. There's a reason why people sought out Nostalrius.
    What do I want to guess that you never personally played anything from Cata onwards and haven't tried Legion at all. You claim it has gotten worse each expansion so by those claims you say Legion is worse than WoD?

- - - Updated - - -

Legion isn't doing well, and in fact the subscribers not only peaked but are already declining. There are literally 3 million less active players this week compared to last week.
    LOLWUT? Do you have any proof of this? Of fucking course you don't. 3 million less subs in a week? LOL give me a damn break. I swear some people say the funniest shit in this thread.

What do I want to guess that you never personally played anything from Cata onwards and haven't tried Legion at all. You claim it has gotten worse each expansion so by those claims you say Legion is worse than WoD?

- - - Updated - - -

LOLWUT? Do you have any proof of this? Of fucking course you don't. 3 million less subs in a week? LOL give me a damn break. I swear some people say the funniest shit in this thread.
    https://realmpop.com/us.html
    https://realmpop.com/eu.html

Looks pretty healthy to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played them all, as a hardcore raider. Which became a Heroic raider, and then Mythic.

I'm looking at WoW Census. Was 4.4 and now it's 4.1. The game already peaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Does that tell you how many active players are in the game cause that would be useful.

Deleted
    Well Ghostcrawler can say anything, people can judge for themselves if the game is harder or not with time past.

For example, in mechanics, the game is much more difficult, especially when you starting to make heroic and mithyc stuff, but the progression to them is SO SIMPLE that even with the mechanics bein harder, you don't feel that you are really having a bad time doing the content.

Plus, the game change in a way that back in the day, you ARE your character and you progress with him cause was more an RPG game than today, when you have to work to be able to do the hard stuff at the endgame. Today when you hit level cap, you just need to...do...stuff...and you get things. Your progression is about...do the same in different difficulties to "advance" in the SAME STUFF. Back in the day, you progress through the content, now you progress in the same content but in different difficulties...

Is hard to judge, really, but i think is a cultural thing. U know, in 2004/2009, the terminology "gamer" was SO SO DIFFERENT than what is today. Now a gamer is a guy who...fucking play Candy Crush. 10 years ago, a "gamer" was the guy who people calling nerd, geek, whatever, who fucking play a lot and commit to what he is playing. The new "gamers" who starting to come in 2010/2011, they change the industry, part of the gamers who was part of this first new gamers, now are working and programing for the companys, so they decided how the gaming culture is.

Back in the day, the standard of WoW was normal for the period time, even the guys who played Everquest at the first say a lot of bad words to the people playing WoW cause they think that the game was too casual. Looking now in perspective...

I think that's the problem really, the terminology "GAMER" change in the last 5/6 years.
    Last edited by mmocb8e5fd8d57; 2016-09-18 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All i can see happening is more kiddys DDoSing when its a "no".

I'm looking at WoW Census. Was 4.4 and now it's 4.1. The game already peaked.

Does that tell you how many active players are in the game cause that would be useful.
    WoW Census, whilst very good at spotting trends, is not a reliable method to ascertain the number of subscribers. It is reliant on people running the Census+ addon and uploading their results to warcraftrealms obviously not all realms will have players running the addon and uploading their results and the scans will only catch the players online when there are being run. It is also worth noting that the scans only include US and EU regions and not China.

At present the weekly faction activity is still showing a massive spike from the expansion release with no sign of a decline.

Realmpop only tracks created characters and not activity thus is useless at determine the amount of subscribers. It even states this on the front page "It's important to remember that we're simply counting the number of characters seen for each category. This does not mean the number of players, nor the number of actively played characters."

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    WoW Census, whilst very good at spotting trends, is not a reliable method to ascertain the number of subscribers. It is reliant on people running the Census+ addon and uploading their results to warcraftrealms obviously not all realms will have players running the addon and uploading their results and the scans will only catch the players online when there are being run. It is also worth noting that the scans only include US and EU regions and not China.

At present the weekly faction activity is still showing a massive spike from the expansion release with no sign of a decline.

Realmpop only tracks created characters and not activity thus is useless at determine the amount of subscribers. It even states this on the front page "It's important to remember that we're simply counting the number of characters seen for each category. This does not mean the number of players, nor the number of actively played characters."
    You are wasting your time with that one. I mean he already made the claim of "3 MILLION" subs less in just a week or two from release instead of what would be 300k based on the 'data' he provided. Using WoW Census like he is trying to do just shows how clueless he is on how subs and tracked. It does not fit his narrative if WoW census is unreliable so he'll try and provide it as factual data.

Just saying this now. Still all for em doing legacy and all. But tbh it has died down a lot since Nost and Kern and whatnot. I just don't see it being announced in the near future or at Blizzcon but feel free to PM saying "I told you so" if it is this year.

You are wasting your time with that one. I mean he already made the claim of "3 MILLION" subs less in just a week or two from release instead of what would be 300k based on the 'data' he provided. Using WoW Census like he is trying to do just shows how clueless he is on how subs and tracked. It does not fit his narrative if WoW census is unreliable so he'll try and provide it as factual data.
    If you have an issue with a poster please bring it up with them, quoting their post(s) instead of using mine to have a sly dig at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    If you have an issue with a poster please bring it up with them, quoting their post(s) instead of using mine to have a sly dig at them.
    How about I post and quote how I want and you deal with it? K? K.

How about I post and quote how I want and you deal with it? K? K.
    Be careful, the last time I mis-attributed something Pann said, he argued with me for 2 pages. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Be careful, the last time I mis-attributed something Pann said, he argued with me for 2 pages. :^)
    Oh I saw it. And the funny thing is I wasn't mis-attributing anything to Pann, I was saying they were wasting their time trying to discuss with Duke because they believe the game lost 3 million subs in a week since Legion's release.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I did? Please stop lying. I responded to one of your posts and then ignored your response.

Deleted
    I still don't get it why you people discuss by insulting each other. Is like...kinda stupid actually

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    I still don't get it why you people discuss by insulting each other. Is like...kinda stupid actually
    I don't get it either.

All that can be said from this thread is that some like Legacy. Some do not. IN A POLITE MANNER

I personally want legacy, but I like others ideas against all-the-same.

For instance (ah-hem):

Some like, some do not, some have limited time to play, some have all the time in the world, some need epics fast, some want to work for them, some like vast exploration, some want linear discovery, some want diverse talents, some want preformed skills, some want to work for every scrap they could possibly get, some want to buy them on the cash-shop - or buy them off AH via others efforts (cash-shop), some want streamlined gameplay, others want complex ... I could go on and on actually for another hundred lines.. you get the idea.

There are differences. I don't get the insult's either. Because insults solve disputes? Not really.

There's also a lot of delusion in this thread, from certain posters, that there's some magical sub number, that if it drops to that number, they HAVE to make legacy realms. It's pure fantasy concocted by them, and perpetuated here constantly. Nobody at Blizzard has ever even remotely hinted at anything like that.

All you need to know is what Chilton said about them after the meeting with the Nost crew: "It's something that would be fun to do, some day."

In other words, don't hold your breath.

But you White Knights of the Legacy Servers keep on believing, it's entertaining as hell watching you crash and burn on the hard rocks of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    There's also a lot of delusion in this thread, from certain posters, that there's some magical sub number, that if it drops to that number, they HAVE to make legacy realms. It's pure fantasy concocted by them, and perpetuated here constantly. Nobody at Blizzard has ever even remotely hinted at anything like that.

All you need to know is what Chilton said about them after the meeting with the Nost crew: "It's something that would be fun to do, some day."

In other words, don't hold your breath.

But you White Knights of the Legacy Servers keep on believing, it's entertaining as hell watching you crash and burn on the hard rocks of reality.
    And then there was Gadzooks.

It's aggressive to mention White Knights in any context, didn't you know? Because it is meaningless in any context, yet used only to strengthen a weak argument. Same with the term Fanboys. Have an argument you are losing? Call your opponent a Blizzard fanboy, or a white knight... Zzzz.... < snore fest >

On topic, sub numbers may have relevance, who knows. It matters from an investor standpoint - but Blizzard won't release China numbers anyways; those who pay much less; generate less $$. Value added services are more important from Blizzard's point of view, in the US / EU.