world pvp and pvp in general

Have some questions about thread title. Given that nobody wants to be sissy virgin cheerleader getting raped by anyone, and given that world pvp is a part of the game since pvp server exists... I noted that tanks in world pvp are almost immortal and kill easyly anybody, healers too + some few dps classes oneshot other classes. Now my question is, ... blizzard intended this. I mean, did they decide something like "oh... ok in legion tanks will be immortal and healers too and dps will just get raped by them at any time any place.". Then this is ok for me , but for gods sake just say it open and clearly during the beta so I can decide beforehand if to go on with my current class or reroll a DH tank or a disci ,just to make an example. In my personal opinion a tank should never be able to kill alone a dps and a dps should never be able to kill a tank. A healer should never be able to kill a dps and a single dps should never be able to kill a healer. Whats the matter with fire mage pyroblas btw... is it just a bug ? Then why don't correct it imm.ly ? Can't find anything in the 7.1 patch notes about correcting this shi*. Oh yes I read about the nerf of eviscerate of the rogue... yeah because this is the real problem in pvp right now... Don' t know... just a thought.

Sadly, in Blizzard book, Wpvp or 1v1 does not matter and should not be balanced. It really never was.
    Balancing only happens in instanced pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Sadly, in Blizzard book, Wpvp or 1v1 does not matter and should not be balanced. It really never was.
    Balancing only happens in instanced pvp.
    This is true now, but certainly was not always the case. Even the biggest of class counters in BC (like SL lock vs mage, or feral vs rogue) were not ANYWHERE CLOSE to being as ridiculous as some of the matchups in legion world pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks > all in wpvp and 1v1. You can thank holinka for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Tanks > all in wpvp and 1v1. You can thank holinka for that.
    No you cant, you can thank whoever is responsible for the class design and pve tuning for that. In the format where you actually can blame holinka, i.e instanced pvp, tanks are a complete non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    No you cant, you can thank whoever is responsible for the class design and pve tuning for that. In the format where you actually can blame holinka, i.e instanced pvp, tanks are a complete non issue.
    Ofc it's holinka's fault. He could have had pvp-templates enabled outside of instanced pvp! They want this imbalanced sh*t. Why? Nobody knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Ofc it's holinka's fault. He could have had pvp-templates enabled outside of instanced pvp! They want this imbalanced sh*t. Why? Nobody knows...
    So you really think that he can just decide that? You know, if you have templates such as in wod you get a lot stronger while pvp tagged suddenly, this means (especially with world quests etc) that this is incredebly easy to exploit.

Which btw was the reason why the system is as it is now - do do you really think the pvp designer was responsible for that and not some pve guy?

You all seem to think holinka is a god in blizzard, that he can decide everything. Its most likely that he voiced his disagreement and was told "shut up pvp guy, no one cares".

I mean, yes the world pvp balance is stupid (not that it really matters cause :world pvp: ) but dont go around blaming the wrong guy for it.

Is this a serious post?

I mean, yes the world pvp balance is stupid (not that it really matters cause :world pvp: )
    There we 100% disagree. For the rest your claims are purely speculative about your Holinka.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    There we 100% disagree. For the rest your claims are purely speculative about your Holinka.
    World pvp doesnt matter in the slightest tbh, but thats personal opinions so lets not argue about that. The rest is partly fact (the reasons why there are no templates is that they scale people up a ton (you have around 2k hp as a new 110 in pvp, 1k in pve), so one person tagging someone would A: Massively increase dps and B: totally wreck tanks so if groups with a tank doing pve content would get attacked the tank would instantly flop over) and yes, partly speculative, but you havnt answered my question:

do do you really think the pvp designer was responsible for that [the no templates in wpvp for the above reasons] and not some pve guy?

World pvp doesnt matter in the slightest tbh, but thats personal opinions so lets not argue about that. The rest is partly fact (the reasons why there are no templates is that they scale people up a ton (you have around 2k hp as a new 110 in pvp, 1k in pve), so one person tagging someone would A: Massively increase dps and B: totally wreck tanks so if groups with a tank doing pve content would get attacked the tank would instantly flop over) and yes, partly speculative, but you havnt answered my question:

do do you really think the pvp designer was responsible for that [the no templates in wpvp for the above reasons] and not some pve guy?
    It's all pretty poor design and Holinka is responsable for the PVP part. And YES, WPVP surely matters on every PVP Server!

Deleted

Isn't this the point of having separate pvp templates?

By the way nothing stops Blizzard from giving different mechanics in pvp (like for example casters casting on the move in pvp while disable in pve)

But the reality is that BLizzard just don't give a damn about pvp, the only thing that matters to them is raids,raids,raids and dailies. Thats the extent of the "world of warcraft"

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Isn't this the point of having separate pvp templates?

By the way nothing stops Blizzard from giving different mechanics in pvp (like for example casters casting on the move in pvp while disable in pve)

But the reality is that BLizzard just don't give a damn about pvp, the only thing that matters to them is raids,raids,raids and dailies. Thats the extent of the "world of warcraft"
    Yes, that is the point. And it works fairly well, all the stuff people complain about in world pvp is fairly balanced in real pvp - however we dont have templates in world pvp as it would make it to easy to exploit pve content (according to blizzard). Im not saying thats good or bad, im just fairly sure holinka wasnt responsible for templates not working in the wolrd. So i just dont like people complaining about him when it concerns stuff he most likely has 0 say in. If instanced pvp starts to properly suck once the season starts, then you can blame him - but not for the wpvp state.

Deleted
    I think 2004 wants it's topic back.

World pvp happens. The ganker wins, you don't. There's never gonna be any balance there. It's shit and only jerks enjoy it, but there's many jerks playing this game so just better get used to it.