Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you have to be naive to truly love someone?

I wonder. What is love Kappa

10+ Year Old Account
    You already experienced true love...by simply being born, raised, cared for. You had what some didn't get at all....true love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love is amazing. It's hard to describe.

Indeed those that wilfully choose to not seek love are truly missing out.

Nope. It is naive to expect anyone to value that love though.

That would make most parents naive as I am fairly certain most parents truly love their children.

Depends on what kind of love. Do you mean parental love, platonic love, or romantic love?

I think you have to be insanely naive to have a stance like this lol.

Well, the parent's love for a child is usually unconditional, but there's not much of a chance that a child will betray a parent.

As for men and women, I think there is always a chance of betrayal so it's difficult to go all in when you love another. That first few years will be great no doubt but what about the 7th year, how long can you keep faithful?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

What the fuck is Kappa supposed to mean in this context?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    What the fuck is Kappa supposed to mean in this context?
    "Kappa" is just as fucking annoying as "cuck" and all the other garbage "slang" people use. I guess not-so-ironically, to me it means to not take people that use it seriously. Ever.

Deleted
    love only exists for weak people who can not survive on their own and without seeking approval of everything they do from someone else.

If we're talking about having a "significant other" then "trust" is the number one thing to have at the base.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    love only exists for weak people who can not survive on their own and without seeking approval of everything they do from someone else.
    It's strange how some people try to justify things in their own, silly ways. I guess it's an easy thing to do for people who will never find love, they're probably too busy trying to find their first kiss. Actually, kisses are for people who have requirements for being attached to other people, us robots have no need for such emotions.

I didn't realize love made a person incapable of also being independent, and their own person. Huh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malygaa View Post
    It's strange how some people try to justify things in their own, silly ways. I guess it's an easy thing to do for people who will never find love, they're probably too busy trying to find their first kiss.

I didn't realize love made a person incapable of also being independent, and their own person. Huh.
    so you want my approval on your views on love? thank you for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    Humans actually need touch/love to thrive, it has nothing to do with being weak. We are social creatures and do not do well when left to our own devices.

You can look up documentaries on institutionalized children who grew up in orphanages, particularly overcrowded ones such as in Romania where their basic needs were met but were denied regular human touch. Most of these children ended up with lifelong physical and developmental problems. One study that is often discussed in undergraduate college courses is a study by Spitz regarding babies who grew up in an institutionalized nursing-home like environment; more than a third of the babies died. Lack of human touch/affection later in the lifespan is associated with a number of behavioral and social problems.

TL,DR: love and affection is an intrinsic part of human existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Love is amazing. It's hard to describe.

Indeed those that wilfully choose to not seek love are truly missing out.
    Are you in an interracial relationship with an immigrant to maximize your attraction, like you were referring to earlier?

to truly love someone is not naive. to expect it to always be perfect sunshine and roses - is.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Humans actually need touch/love to thrive, it has nothing to do with being weak. We are social creatures and do not do well when left to our own devices.

You can look up documentaries on institutionalized children who grew up in orphanages, particularly overcrowded ones such as in Romania where their basic needs were met but were denied regular human touch. Most of these children ended up with lifelong physical and developmental problems. One study that is often discussed in undergraduate college courses is a study by Spitz regarding babies who grew up in an institutionalized nursing-home like environment; more than a third of the babies died. Lack of human touch/affection later in the lifespan is associated with a number of behavioral and social problems.

To not even get into discussions about feral children and their issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

you have to look to documentaries to give you your views on things you should be able to form your own views on. this further proves my point as you clearly need a documentary to approve of your feelings before deeming it ok to feel that way.