Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Considering these are supposed to be similar to the vanilla epic world drops and I didn't see a single one of those until TBC... Try 3 months instead of 3 weeks.
    And that would have been cool if it wasn't for the bug that let some get a lot of them after just two weeks.

If you implement such a controversial feature you make sure it actually works first.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think too many people are watching popular streamers, where the viewers are teasing the streamer by saying they have a Legendary. I haven't seen too many people with Legendaries in-game, so I suspect the drop-rate is actually low - as it should be. Blizzard seems to want everyone to have them eventually, but at the same time, they don't want to hand them out like candy.
    theres 25 legendaries in my guild most of them are people have 2 as well. Blizzard drop the fucking ball big time with a stupid bug. Now most of us still have 0, while a few people are carried by legendary, soon to be double. Its a dumb system that was made dumber by the most retarded bug that should have forced a better response then sorry. People saying you have to work toward it are dumb, there is no work thats the point of random. One of our guildies got one before even hitting 110. He worked hard as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    And that would have been cool if it wasn't for the bug that let some get a lot of them after just two weeks.

If you implement such a controversial feature you make sure it actually works first.
    Bugs happen, you can't exactly prevent them 100. You can try but it will happen.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think too many people are watching popular streamers, where the viewers are teasing the streamer by saying they have a Legendary. I haven't seen too many people with Legendaries in-game, so I suspect the drop-rate is actually low - as it should be. Blizzard seems to want everyone to have them eventually, but at the same time, they don't want to hand them out like candy.
    The problem arises that it's impossible to bridge the gap between good luck, a consistent droprate and bad luck. Because of confirmation bias, most people on this forum will see their drop rate as the former or the latter, even if the intended goal is consistency. The fact that Blizzard came oout and said that the people in the former group were even more likely to get another Legendary due to unforeseen issues with their algorithm just makes the vast majority of players in the latter group feel like they're even further out of grasp.

I'll wait to see how the whole expansion pans out before completely condemning the way Legendaries work in Legion but the preliminary evidence makes it look like a really poor, inherently unfair system.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, it was working perfectly fine on beta and the first week of live. It was another system that Blizzard added a week in that was problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Bugs happen, you can't exactly prevent them 100. You can try but it will happen.
    Of course they do but this was a pretty devastating one. One they could have fixed in beta.

Deleted
    "Their legendaries"... as if it were somehow promised to people.
    It takes luck, and you might end up going the entire expansion without a single legendary.
    Please refrain from posting in threads about subjects you did not even google. Legendaries have a bad-luck protection, meaning it is impossible not to have a legendary the entire expansion, unless you never do any content that drops one.

Of course they do but this was a pretty devastating one. One they could have fixed in beta.
    To be completely fair, there likely weren't enough people playing in Beta for them to realize this was an issue.

I got a Legendary, but I got a pretty crappy one. I'm super happy with it for the Stats of course, but getting the Belt on Demon Hunter Tank is just utterly worthless really. More damage on targets above 90% HP? I wanted the Boots or something ...

To me, it's just nice to know I don't ever really need to worry about that slot now, that I can pass all Belts to others on the team. Hoping to get a new Legendary soon, so when I get the 2 x Legendary Perk, I can be rocking the iLevel!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I got a Legendary, but I got a pretty crappy one. I'm super happy with it for the Stats of course, but getting the Belt on Demon Hunter Tank is just utterly worthless really. More damage on targets above 90% HP? I wanted the Boots or something ...

To me, it's just nice to know I don't ever really need to worry about that slot now, that I can pass all Belts to others on the team. Hoping to get a new Legendary soon, so when I get the 2 x Legendary Perk, I can be rocking the iLevel!
    In a raid environment where you're looking to push an early phase quickly (see: Mythic Blackhand P1 pre-HFC), 30% damage on a target above 90% is a pretty nice perk. Certainly not the strongest Vengeance DH Legendary but far from useless.

The problem is that there is no "fair" in RNG. You're playing Vegas rules here. Sure, if you keep going to the tables you're bound to win at some point, but that doesn't mean it will be any time soon or even ever before you walk away. I agree that the bug issue sucks, but there was no good way to correct the issue than fixing the bug. You can't punish players by taking away all legendaries after the first, and you can't suddenly award all players a random legendary to make up for it, because even with the bug, there's no way to establish who just got extremely lucky or not BECAUSE of RNG.
    That said, I haven't seen anything announced, but does anyone know when they fixed the bug if it reset the bad luck streak for players?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about low drop rates, but having a relationship with me seems to get you legendaries.... My husband has 1 and my brother has 2. This is out of the 4 legendaries obtained by my guild so far. If my other brother gets one as well, I'll start offering adoption services.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    In a raid environment where you're looking to push an early phase quickly (see: Mythic Blackhand P1 pre-HFC), 30% damage on a target above 90% is a pretty nice perk. Certainly not the strongest Vengeance DH Legendary but far from useless.
    It's trash really. In Emerald Nightmare at least (That's all I am concerned with at the moment), every boss starts with Hero / Bloodlust / Time Warp on pull. The bosses will be above 90% HP for a matter of seconds. It's not a great bonus by any means.

I see your point, but honestly, as happy as I am with the stats and with winning a Legendary itself, I am honestly hoping I get ultra-lucky soon and get another to replace it. Let's just hope not the damn PvP ring!

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Yeah, it was working perfectly fine on beta and the first week of live. It was another system that Blizzard added a week in that was problematic.
    How do you know this?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    To be completely fair, there likely weren't enough people playing in Beta for them to realize this was an issue.
    That or the fact that we got out legendaries from vendors so most people did not care much about what actually dropped them outside of that.

Funny thing. Got one just a few min ago. Good one as well. On an alt though but still.

Deleted
    It kills me to not know if I could and am even able to get a legendary. A bugged loot system could mean anything and it not being fixed worries me. Was all the work I put in to get a legendary for nothing since the drop rate is bugged? Is my droprate now completely destroyed, because of bad luck protection working backwards? Am I just wasting my time?
    All I know right now is, that a lot of lucky people profited from a bug and were given lots of items and not even some random items, but the best items in the game, while I got nothing. And now since the system was allegedly fixed I have no way of catching up. I was critical of the RNG legendaries since they first announced them, but this takes the cake.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    It's suppose to be low and no one will eject you just because you don't have it. Not sure what the problem is.
    That may have been the most naive statement I have ever seen. Hmmmm which do we want this hunter with no legendaries or the one destroying his dps with several...

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know this?
    People weren't reporting massive unbalanced drops in legendaries on beta, and a week into live, Blizzard released the duplicate protection system to keep you from getting the same legendary. It modifies your legendary drop chances, turns on after you get the first, and started a week after launch while not being tested during all of beta. Everything lines up too well for it not be it. Plus, Blizzard know's how to do a BLP system, they've been doing it since MoP with coins.

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    It kills me to not know if I could and am even able to get a legendary. A bugged loot system could mean anything and it not being fixed worries me. Was all the work I put in to get a legendary for nothing since the drop rate is bugged? Is my droprate now completely destroyed, because of bad luck protection working backwards? Am I just wasting my time?
    All I know right now is, that a lot of lucky people profited from a bug and were given lots of items and not even some random items, but the best items in the game, while I got nothing. And now since the system was allegedly fixed I have no way of catching up. I was critical of the RNG legendaries since they first announced them, but this takes the cake.
    Couldn't agree more I feel the same way. The bug with the legendary's and how blizzard has handled it has killed a lot of my buzz atm. Now I log in do my daily chest and log out.

I am ilvl 843 (my Paladin) and I can't be asked to grind dungeons or other WQ's anymore since good chance the system is still broke. I didn't mind it being a low chance at legendary's but it being broken just outright sucks.

I have even considered letting my sub laps until all of the LFR raiding is open and catch up systems are in place. Between this and all the gating shit they are doing with legion (looking at you kara) I am losing my drive to play.

So much gating and broken shit.....urrgg.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Magnosh View Post
    Just out of curiosity, in 15 days you are a RL, you decided you can only bring 1 retri paladin, both have the same skill and both do tactics properly, one has 2 legendaries equipped and do substantially more damage because of it. Whould you bring the one without a single legendary?
    Unless this is a mythic raid, you bring both because of scaling tech. You're right, you'd bring the one with the two legendries assuming you're at only one slot left for DPS and that your raid comp allows for another pally, and that the odds just happen to be that this exact scenario plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    They didn't. They said everyone will have one before the progression race is finished lol.

Yes, it is absolutely low, but there is protection building.
    You will have yours soon.
    Assuming the progression race statement is true, I'm strongly suspecting they're talking about nighthold progression race and not emerald nightmare. The reason I think that is because since normal/heroic unlocks in a few days and mythic the week after, the odds of most guilds going from the small amount of players with legendaries to their entire roster having legendaries in less than 2 weeks seems very unlikely.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!