Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    a lot of the bleeding edge players are multiboxing 5+ of the same spec on the chance once of them gets a legendary
    Surely you are confusing multiboxing with having multiple characters of the same class? I know of one other guy actually multiboxing.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Today after over 200 heroics I saw the first legendary drop! And guess who got it?

The 810 itemlvl DH that has done not even 10 heroics. Working as intended. New players get lootz to bound them to the game.
    Gotta love world of lottery-craft. They sure messed up big time on the end game reward system this time. Not a single way to actually work for gear any more, it's all down to your own luck. I've seen people do 3 full clears on mythics and not get a single relic while some other guys get all 3 in the first 4-5 dungeons they run.

Back to the topic of Legendaries in the world first race

Would it dictate the outcome? very probably so.

But...who really cares? Is there even a race? Method / Serenity don't have any serious competition and even if they did, who cares??? That's like 0.01% of the WoW population, and dwindling every year because of the insane requirements and constraints they put on themselves.

We had an expansion that pandered to top end raiders, it was called warlords of draenor. It was a huge blow to WoW and I doubt it will ever recover from it. Enough. I don't care what happens to them or the world race. I'm more concerned with the small matter of "everyone else", and this legendary thing won't matter to 99% of the WoW population.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    The only delusion I can see is yours thinking this is a real issue that's actually going to impact anyone. People whom normally get sat for X reasons are still going to be sat for those reasons, legendary or not and those that normally get in are still going to get in legendary or not. It's actually amazing you and the OP really think this is an issue. It's simultaneously quite funny and quite sad.
    Doesn't that actually speak volumes to the hubris, egotism, and favoritism that's at play in the WoW community more than anything though?

But it's truthfully a non issue because anyone who cares about the "world first race" in a game where that race consists of one guild seems a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    Doesn't that actually speak volumes to the hubris, egotism, and favoritism that's at play in the WoW community more than anything though?

But it's truthfully a non issue because anyone who cares about the "world first race" in a game where that race consists of one guild seems a bit silly.
    Not really. As the GM of a competitive raiding guild, I'm still going to favor the raiders that can perform mechanics over those who can't. It's a simple game of "Perform well and you get spots; Perform badly and you get sat". It has nothing to do with hubris, egotism or favoritism at all. It has to do with rewarding good performance, and punishing bad performance, while maximizing our chances for success at the same time. If a dude keeps failing the Imperial Vizier Zorlok dance, it's got nothing to do with anything you mentioned that he's getting sat for future encounters that involves heavy, precise movement to succeed (such as Hanz and Franz) - it's because I know he's sucky at handling precise movement, so I don't bring him for those fights until he's proven otherwise through farm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    Back to the topic of Legendaries in the world first race

Would it dictate the outcome? very probably so.

But...who really cares? Is there even a race? Method / Serenity don't have any serious competition and even if they did, who cares??? That's like 0.01% of the WoW population, and dwindling every year because of the insane requirements and constraints they put on themselves.

We had an expansion that pandered to top end raiders, it was called warlords of draenor. It was a huge blow to WoW and I doubt it will ever recover from it. Enough. I don't care what happens to them or the world race. I'm more concerned with the small matter of "everyone else", and this legendary thing won't matter to 99% of the WoW population.
    This is pretty bullshit lol.

I don't think people realize just how important an extra 2-3% damage really is. It's the difference between pushing the boss to the next phase before he uses another ability. It's being able to kill an add a couple seconds faster. When you're one of the first guilds to reach a boss that extra damage is a massive advantage. Anyone remember Gara'jal from MSV? Before people started dragging trash in and spell-stealing damage buffs, we (Blood Legion) were chain wiping absolutely perfect pulls and were consistently at like 3%ish from killing him before enrage. Legendaries would have made all the difference in the world on that fight. 3% was the difference on Lei Shen to prevent him leveling up a conduit again before pushing into phase two.

When your raiders are performing dps rotations almost perfectly, you can't just tell them to find an extra 3% damage without getting stupid lucky with RNG critting your heavy hitting moves instead of an auto-attack/dot tick.

3% damage is extremely important. While I doubt the WF race will be close enough for it to matter due to guilds dropping out or not willing to go superhardcore, without a doubt it could have impacted the race in previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Today after over 200 heroics I saw the first legendary drop! And guess who got it?

The 810 itemlvl DH that has done not even 10 heroics. Working as intended. New players get lootz to bound them to the game.
    So you deserve it more?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    So you deserve it more?
    Yes ? If you run content 50 times more than the next guy you kinda deserves more rewards from this content.

So far my guild has about 5-6 Legendaries. 2 of them are class specific the rest were the generic ones (loss of control etc.) and everyone except 1 person has just casually played the game.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2016-09-20 at 06:27 PM.

How large is your guild?

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    So you deserve it more?
    Of course he does. There should always be a better reward for those of us who perform better. Unfortunately legendary stuff in Legion ignores that in addition to the fact there seems to be a penalty for doing too much (e.g. each kill reduces your possibilities of obtaining one(why else would so many hardcore players lack them after doing thousands of objectives)).