Poll: Do you like the followers (missions) system?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    it's nowhere near as bad as garrisons
    maybe not, but is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    Some day all those "casual losers" will get so sick of the never-ending stream of invective from the "hardcore" crowd and just quit the game. Then WoW will shut down and you can enjoy being a tough guy without an MMO to play.
    Blizzard tries to please every crowd within the same game. It clearly doesn't work and both casuals and hardcore players are unhappy because both targeted game designs are linked to each other. I really hope they will create two different games, one for each type of players.
    Last edited by Sencha; 2016-09-18 at 09:01 PM.

I'm perfectly fine with the system. Don't really see the point of all the complaining, shit you don't even need to return to your order hall to do it any more.

I think they really want to get people into the app

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    No, I don't like them. I like recruiting champions, but sending them on meaningless tasks that I couldn't care less about is just meh.

The limit on champions is also ridiculous: you're recruiting these (mostly) known/famous champions for your cause and then end up having to bench almost half of them.
    The limit is there so you have to make choices.
    Otherwise you could choose those which are optimal every time.

Artifact Power and Gold are better earned quicker and in greater quantity from world quests.
    It is only the hall specific content where the roster of followers is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I think they really want to get people into the app
    With garrisons and the work needed to optimise your results then an app was simply not realistic at all.
    If the intent really was to bring it down to "app standards", then that has had other benefits, in actually putting it back to player-dictated decisions instead of an addon.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-09-18 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

What would make some sense to me is leveling and gearing up your champions for like a weekly scenario that might give a piece of 840+ loot. Where you use your champions to fill out a tank/dps/heal 3 man group. What we have now is just useless content and a way to time gate certain things in the game.

Deleted
    WoD missions were both better and worse.

Worse in the sense that there were too many, and it became a chore, if you had alts, which everyone had to make tons of gold, then it was a chore.

But it was better in the sense that you could gain far more from it. People made millions of gold through Treasure Hunters and other buildings such as the Barn.

The Legion missions are neither good or bad, they are quite pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    it's fine, people need to stop bitching about every little thing

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    What the fuck does the business model of Wow have ANYTHING to do with gated content? Seriously you people just need to stop giving Blizzard money. They are never going to change how they do business or design Wow as long as they are rewarded for how they continue to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

So iterating on a game design concept is "milking design"? Yeah ok.

Business model has everything to do with it. Gating content EARNS THEM MORE MONEY, gives them an incentive to gate content longer, Longer to do things=more money from subs. Think before you post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    Exactly, I think people compare them to each other too often and forget to think, Is it good on its own without a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    it's nowhere near as bad as garrisons
    actually I found them to be worse, I don't get a choice in followers. I also have such a limited set of missions they are just damn boring. I would prefer to have followers who only exist and only level when I take them to the Broken Isles with me. There are a few who can come along but its really telling how some classes get rooked by this system
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I honestly don't understand why follower missions are still in the game. In WoD they were a big thing and important to progress, so you needed to do them. But most people hated them and it was too much.
    Most people hated them because there were like 10 ability counters and a plethora of traits. Now all the abilities and counters are locked in instead of RNG nonsense and you can equip them with a few pieces of gear to make them better in specific ways.

It's a lot more mindless and honestly, aren't WQs just as mindless? It's just a way to keep you coming back to the game for small, frequent, rewards.

Regardless, as someone who did 3-5 Garrisons from WoD's launch until 7.0.3 launched (and then some even still), this is a much better system and I'm glad they went with this over nothing tbh. Gives me something to do between World Quests and Raiding/Mythic+.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I actually like this iteration. It's more entertaining.

One qualm I have is the fact that we have to deactivate followers when we only can have 8. Why not just let us use them all. They're welcome to limit it to 4 missions at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Thematically they make sense. You send out your champions on menial tasks.

Practically they're just a way to prolong the order hall campaigns and a venue for you to spend some order resources.

Mechanically they're just an example of mindless busywork. They offer no gameplay value. At least they are implemented better than WoDs missions. Very low amount of champions and a low amount of missions. They are no longer self sustaining.
    Excellent post, you summarized it beautifully. I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Blizzard tries to please every crowd within the same game. It clearly doesn't work and both casuals and hardcore players are unhappy because both targeted game designs are linked to each other. I really hope they will create two different games, one for each type of players.
    Actually, casual and hardcore players are happy, it's a separate third demographic of forum whiners that are unhappy - and will never be happy, no matter what design decisions are made.

Some people just seem to live in a fantasy world where a game can be a massive success for 12+ years without anyone actually liking it..

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I honestly don't understand why follower missions are still in the game. In WoD they were a big thing and important to progress, so you needed to do them. But most people hated them and it was too much.

But now in Legion, they're so trivial that you don't need to do them anymore, except for the special quest ones. So why still bother with them? The gold rewards are piss poor and the artifact power isn't that much either. So if there's so little reason to do them, why put them in the game at all? For what reason? It adds nothing.
    I think they're actually pretty good for artifact power now that they buffed them. The bonus rolled item can give 200% what the normal success one gives, and most of them I'm getting 171% chance of success. At Knowledge level 3 I'm getting about double what I'd get from doing my first random heroic of the day with a mission of these. It'll be nice for my alts once I get them up as a way to do a little bit of AP grinding while spending most of my WQ time on my main, but it's not 'too much' to the point that I drop everything and focus on them instead of actually playing the character.

i just dont like that you finish your class hall campaign, get 3 champions, then instantly have to deactivate them to do any missions or use a bodyguard.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    In Legion, we still have that table and we still have followers and missions, why?
    So people can cry about it in the forums. It would be awful if there wasn't something for people to cry about in the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a nice little time waster I can do on my phone. That's it.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

As a demon hunter leader, it makes sense to send my followers on missions to help our advances against the legion...

Why is this such a weird concept? Guess the rewards suck so people will complain lol

its because Blizzard think its a great thing and fuc what anyone says your going to play facebook..... yup its nothing but Garrison 2.0 and being forced to play it making me rethink of quiting... there is no way in hell i'm lvling alts with this mechanic. all it does is get in the way of enjoying the game. you don;t think you want it but blizzard knows you do... even after most of the player base bitched about they still added this stupid lazy mechanic... let see does it help you be a better pvper, nope how about a better raider, nope is it cool, nope does it lo0ck the third relic yup... how about stop forcing up to play facebook most of us hate it...
    Last edited by GMACHV; 2016-09-19 at 05:16 AM.