Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Thanks raiders for complaining until Blizzard gives into your demands.

Raid or die with dipping sauce of 5 mans and world content I guess.
    Actually it is the other way around. The non-raiders complained, and now we are swarmed with world quests and tons of 5 man content that literally forces you to spend insane amounts of time to stay competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Toas View Post
    Then you don't understand mythic/mythic+ at all really. The difficult part of mythic+ is not solely the bosses. Yeah, those are one part of it of course, but really the trash is equally as important as bosses are, if not more so. Imagine if there was a class that did 500k dps to bosses but only did 50k dps outside of bosses - would you ever bring this guy to a dungeon? No chance. Dungeons are completely different to raids where the trash is totally irrelevant. In dungeons, the trash is extremely important and not at all "dps padding."
    There are three DPS slots in your group. I don't think stacking them "average-above average single target dps" classes that do phenomenal in trash packs will get you very far, especially on Tyrannical bosses.

And I would in a heartbeat take that 500k single target/50k aoe class. Depending on the instance (Vault of the Warden) what time I theoretically will lose on trash, will more than make up for it melting bosses.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    There are three DPS slots in your group. I don't think stacking them "average-above average single target dps" classes that do phenomenal in trash packs will get you very far, especially on Tyrannical bosses.

And I would in a heartbeat take that 500k single target/50k aoe class. Depending on the instance (Vault of the Warden) what time I theoretically will lose on trash, will more than make up for it melting bosses.
    As I said, then you don't understand mythic/mythic+ dungeons. A class which does 50k aoe dps is practically useless in dungeons. You fight bosses maybe 25% of the time you spend in a dungeon and trash like 75% of the time. You should want people who do tons of trash dps. I won't say single target is totally irrelevant, but it's not a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Toas View Post
    As I said, then you don't understand mythic/mythic+ dungeons. A class which does 50k aoe dps is practically useless in dungeons. You fight bosses maybe 25% of the time you spend in a dungeon and trash like 75% of the time. You should want people who do tons of trash dps. I won't say single target is totally irrelevant, but it's not a priority.
    How is single target not a priority on Tyrannical Odyn?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted

No, because the trash gets insane buffs, that puts tyrannical to shame. You NEED to have a good trash killing group to do well in mythic+.

Right now it is picking between stuff like DH who got insane AOE and above average ST or classes like warlocks or shadowpriests who are insanely slow and will simply hinder your group. They wont even beat a DH in single target, and they will never ever be able to move fast enough, swap fast enough or burst fast enough or have good stun on very low cd or low cd interrupts.

You can argue all you want, but the fact is right this moment, you are not gonna convince anyone who knows what they are doing that you wouldnt invite a DH or WW monk to your mythic+ dream team group if you wanted speed and efficiency.

Just like you wouldnt invite a holy priest if you could invite a resto druid.

I feel that Mythic+ is primairly designed as a alternative for raiding for players that don't really have the time or for other reasons cannot commit to a raidguild / Schedule and to a lessen extend as content for raiders when not raiding.

Now if i look at the numbers (and disregard the few % of week 1 mythic raiders, who just did see mythic+ as a alternative way to farm insane amount of gear just to get a edge in the WF race) i still think it is a reasonable alternative to raiding for the majority of players that usually did a bit of raiding in maybe normal or heroic who are not doing guaranteed clears from week 1 of players that were good enough for lets say heroic raids but never had the time. Even if these players do lets say level 1-3-5 in week 1 thats 15 pieces of gear + 5 guaranteed from chest in a 5 man group on a gear level they would probably also earn when raiding and it will average out to 4 pieces per player. Thats is probably alot more then they would have gotten from doing raids.

So they way i feel this pan out, it yes, it might be less interesting for top guilds to drop split raids now in favor of farming Mythic+ into oblivion and boost half the server when their own key's are depleted, however the average player that never raided or maybe started of with killing 3-4 bosses in the first week or raiding in their guildruns / pugs can still massively profit from these Mythic + dungeons and work on their gear in the same or even on average a better pace then they could even before while not raiding, or only raiding at their normal level.
    Last edited by chronia; 2016-09-16 at 06:01 AM.

How is single target not a priority on Tyrannical Odyn?
    because tyrannical Odyn Won't matter when you make it there 20 minutes after your timer is up because you couldn't kill trash....

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenChaser View Post
    Bolded the important parts for you....

Once heroics and mythic raids are out there is not 1 fight under 4 minutes outside maybe Ursoc which had a hard 4 min enrage on beta and was tuned very tightly (IE Butcher 2.0)... But still if your judging dps off 45-1 minute boss fights your kinda LOL. Like some classes arn't even running their raid specs they are just running burst specs Like boomkins FOE vs SF. FOE will win 100% on a 90 second fight. SF starts to pull ahead after 3 1/2 minutes or so.
    Not the best example because you can have both FoE and SF. I think you might mean NB where not needing to spend time recasting moonfire/sunfire begins to ramp up your damage after a certain time period and they share the same talent row.

WW ST dps is not middle of the pack at all

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Not the best example because you can have both FoE and SF. I think you might mean NB where not needing to spend time recasting moonfire/sunfire begins to ramp up your damage after a certain time period and they share the same talent row.
    well I mean there are 2 specs....

Inc+foe
    SF+NB.

There is basically 0 situation where FOE+SF would be ran together because they both take away from the other. Most of the time on the druid discord we just refer to it as SF vs FOE. because those are the 2 damaging spells of each spec.
    Last edited by ChickenChaser; 2016-09-16 at 06:26 PM.

Can this myth of "raiding is hard" go away please?
    Nothing in this game is hard, it's a MMO with DBM that literally plays the game for you and gives you play by play step by step tutorials of how to do bosses mid fight. Raids are tested months in advanced by top10 raiders and videos/guides/DBM are posted minute1 of the raids being released.

The only difficult part of this game is finding 19 other people who aren't drooling idiots and can do more than press wasd and 1 at the same time.

People who think "this game is hard so I should get rewarded doing hard content only" need a reality check.

If you were rewarded for only doing the "Hardest content" in the game, this game would have less than 100k subs.

Gear is too powerful to lock the best behind mythic bosses only. We tried that in WOD, it was a massive failure. The reward for killing the bosses on mythic should be..get this, KILLING THE BOSS ON MYTHIC. There should only be 5-10% power gap between mythic raiders and a non-raider who plays as much, but simply doesn't have the desire to do mythic raiding. Everyone should have enough gear to do all content in the game at any time as long as they put in enough time playing the game. Gear matters too much for it be some special mythic raider only thing.

I mean, shouldn't mythic raiders WANT everyone to be geared for a bigger player pool of potential recruits? Or do you want people who don't mythic raid to be 50% weaker than you(like wod) and you have to drag them through mythic raids for a month to gear them up(and probably bail immediately after they get gear). Do you really want a smaller pool of players to recruit from when you need more players for your raid?

I don't think you do. Please think about this more clearly.
    Says the game is easy.......Number of current content Mythic/Heroic Kills in the last 3 expansions.........0

Kind of hard to make a judgement about the diffculty of content if you quite literally have never stepped into that arena?

Pre-Nerf Current Content Mythic progression is actually quite difficult. It takes time to develope the teamwork and coordination to defeat encounters regardless of having information prior to stepping into the encounter. Considering your Mythic raiding experience consists of killing Cata Encounters this year I can see how you would feel that raiding is easy.

How about this....join a decent raid team and see how fast you can get pre-nerf mythic kills get Cutting Edge Guldan with an actual team that pulls it 250 times to score their first kill. Experience the time and effort it takes to actually progress with a team at the highest possible difficulty. I think you will find that scoring pre-nerf kills is a much more difficult challenge than you think it is.

I mean cmon being a Neurosurgen is so easy everything is already in a book and mapped out for you. You just have to follow the diagrams right?
    Last edited by Guzrud; 2016-09-16 at 09:30 PM.

Deleted
    Only people who endlessly complained about it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a pvper and it's massively more difficult than any raids, I don't ask to have the best gear as a pvper. I also could easily do mythic raids if I wanted to, as I did heroic raids during WOTLK.
    Drop the attitude of thinking I want everything handed to me.

Doing some arenas to get challenger, some random bg's is not hard content actual bots do that with success.

As someone who has 4 Glad titles and been in top 60 world guild i can easily say raiding for server/world first is a lot harder.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good changes. Doesn't bother me, as I'll be doing both mythic raiding + mythic+ dungeons, along with pvp down the road. win/win/win for me. Hopefully it's actually difficult and not zzz easy.

Can this myth of "raiding is hard" go away please?
    Nothing in this game is hard, it's a MMO with DBM that literally plays the game for you and gives you play by play step by step tutorials of how to do bosses mid fight. Raids are tested months in advanced by top10 raiders and videos/guides/DBM are posted minute1 of the raids being released.

The only difficult part of this game is finding 19 other people who aren't drooling idiots and can do more than press wasd and 1 at the same time.

People who think "this game is hard so I should get rewarded doing hard content only" need a reality check.

If you were rewarded for only doing the "Hardest content" in the game, this game would have less than 100k subs.

Gear is too powerful to lock the best behind mythic bosses only. We tried that in WOD, it was a massive failure. The reward for killing the bosses on mythic should be..get this, KILLING THE BOSS ON MYTHIC. There should only be 5-10% power gap between mythic raiders and a non-raider who plays as much, but simply doesn't have the desire to do mythic raiding. Everyone should have enough gear to do all content in the game at any time as long as they put in enough time playing the game. Gear matters too much for it be some special mythic raider only thing.

I mean, shouldn't mythic raiders WANT everyone to be geared for a bigger player pool of potential recruits? Or do you want people who don't mythic raid to be 50% weaker than you(like wod) and you have to drag them through mythic raids for a month to gear them up(and probably bail immediately after they get gear). Do you really want a smaller pool of players to recruit from when you need more players for your raid?

I don't think you do. Please think about this more clearly.
    No you monkey, I don't want a lot of boosted monkeys like yourself who didn't earn their gear to join my guild just because they're geared while having donkey brains. Do us all a favor and flush yourself
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-09-19 at 05:12 AM.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    No you monkey, I don't want a lot of boosted monkeys like yourself who didn't earn their gear to join my guild just because they're feared while having donkey brains. Do us all a favor and flush yourself
    Typical Fire Mage, just mad cuz he plays the worst spec in the game. :^)

My some-what organized guild groups already avg. 25 minutes on a Mythic dungeon, (if you don't count the Arcway).
    We get more than 2 pieces of loot combined with all 5 party members... Heck, we get a lot more than 2 pieces.
    If we're going in Mythic+ with the same mindset we're going into Mythic+0 now, it will take us longer than 25 mins, and we will only get 2 pieces for the whole party? That's ridiculous. I'd then rather farm default Mythics and get my hopes on some awesome Titanforged rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayntic View Post
    My some-what organized guild groups already avg. 25 minutes on a Mythic dungeon, (if you don't count the Arcway).
    We get more than 2 pieces of loot combined with all 5 party members... Heck, we get a lot more than 2 pieces.
    If we're going in Mythic+ with the same mindset we're going into Mythic+0 now, it will take us longer than 25 mins, and we will only get 2 pieces for the whole party? That's ridiculous. I'd then rather farm default Mythics and get my hopes on some awesome Titanforged rolls.
    How to farm default mythics with weekly lockout?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Typical Fire Mage, just mad cuz he plays the worst spec in the game. :^)
    you're seriously bming me because i dont want to play frost? who are you to tell me what spec is competitive and what i should play, do i need to report you for harassment? let me guess while im at it, youre probably a cis white chad who thinks he can go around telling people what to do, GUESS WHAT CHAD, THIS IS A GAME YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO IM GONNA PLAY WHAT I THINK IS FUN NO MATTER WHAT

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for my outburst, i am just mentally drained from dealing with cis white male and to have to deal with more in a game where i thought was a safe space, it really sucks
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by camicio View Post
    How to farm default mythics with weekly lockout?
    if they take average 25 minutes per dungone mutliply it by 10 its 250 mintues aka 3+ hours - most people wont achieve that most people take +/- 40 minutes per dungeon making it 400 minutes / 6+ hours - most people dont have the luxury of spending much more then that in game because they still have 2-3 nights for raiding - just because a few people have no jobs and would spam it all day long there was absolutely no need to destoy the fun for 95 % who will never commit more then 6-7 hours a week for dungeons

It needed to be changed, way to much loot going around in mythic+ on beta but this was a bit over kill.