10+ Year Old Account

Fire Mage Artifact Relics

Hey, arrived to legion a little late so I just finished my third relic slot for the weapon. Now I've been using Mr Robot for checking some gear upgrades etc and I'm not sure I trust their relic slot simulator so I just wanted to ask what other people are doing.

For me personally:
    1. Pyro Damage
    2. Fire Ball Cast Time
    3. Ignite Damage
    4. Crit Damage
    5. Rest

Anyway the question I wanted to ask is how much do I prioritize item level increase of the weapon compared to the traits of the relics.

For example would a ravencrest's wrath (+40 ilvl and Molten armor trait) be better than lets say a Gift of the Flame (37 ilvl and 1% Crit Damage)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

Deleted
    For me fire ball cast is 4. cause it does nothing for our burst. So it's value is worse the shorter the fight is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    For me fire ball cast is 4. cause it does nothing for our burst. So it's value is worse the shorter the fight is.
    I'm basing everything on raids, since thats the content I will be doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    Fireball cast time is a great relic, our burst will be good no matter what the 3 relics are, you still cast fireball many times even in heroic dungeons.

Deleted
    1. Pyroblast Damage - Better at any item level increase
    2. Crit Damage - Better at any item level increase
    3. Fireball Cast Time - Better at any item level increase
    4. Ignite Damage - Better at any item level increase
    5. Fire Blast Damage - Better at A 10 item level increase, Equal at +5 Item levels
    6. Fire Ball Damage - Better at 10 or more item levels above a Pyroblast relic
    7. Cauterizing Blink Relic - Better at 15 or more item levels above a Pyroblast relic
    8. Flame Strike Damage - Better at 15 or more item levels above a Pyroblast relic
    9. Molten Armor Relic - Better at 15 or more item levels above a Pyroblast relic
    i stole it from here
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2016-09-18 at 11:52 PM. Reason: source edited to avoid misunderstandings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    no it wasnt

anyway, I LIKE to play with pyro dmg > cast time > ignite
    but the best is pyro dmg > crit dmg > fireball cast > ignite

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    no it wasnt
    pretty sure i got it from there

its just the source (edited it so no one gets confused)
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2016-09-18 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arioc View Post
    Hey, arrived to legion a little late so I just finished my third relic slot for the weapon. Now I've been using Mr Robot for checking some gear upgrades etc and I'm not sure I trust their relic slot simulator so I just wanted to ask what other people are doing.

For me personally:
    1. Pyro Damage
    2. Fire Ball Cast Time
    3. Ignite Damage
    4. Crit Damage
    5. Rest

Anyway the question I wanted to ask is how much do I prioritize item level increase of the weapon compared to the traits of the relics.

For example would a ravencrest's wrath (+40 ilvl and Molten armor trait) be better than lets say a Gift of the Flame (37 ilvl and 1% Crit Damage)?
    depends man. in legion we get back the int as first stat. So try too use Top ilvl relics too get more ilvl on ur artifact weapon. More int more dmg.
    however the pyro one is deadly nice. and Fireblast dmg is good 2 will help u too do more burst dmg.
    anyway we should use Raid relics not this dung ones

10+ Year Old Account
    I've personally been preferring using 2 pyro dmg increase + 1 ignite dmg increase..

I'm playing Pyro Dmg > Cast Time=Ignite Dmg at the moment and it's doing fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    Fireball cast time is a great relic, our burst will be good no matter what the 3 relics are, you still cast fireball many times even in heroic dungeons.
    My thinking is that those relics are already close enough, and ignite and crit damage are better on short on demand burst. Also ignite is just better on cleave I would think. Also the better the gear, the less fireball casts, and those sims on altered time are with 840 gear. Right now I am running with crit 850 pyro 850 and 845 ignite. That said, if I got 850 cast, I'd still put that in, instead of ignite.

Sorry to necro an old thread, but given all the changes since the original post, curious about:

880 fireball cast time vs 870 pyroblast damage.

3 item level difference and I do have the bracers and WotD.

My first instinct is pyro damage is better, considering it'd be my only pyro damage relic.

I run 3x pyro since i have bracers and belt so pyro dmg>>>>>>>>>all others
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©