Thread: Rip Servers

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
    Funny thing is this :

As per BlizzardCS twitter...yet its all Blizzard.net that's down, from forums to all games and not some randoms network providers.
    You cant seem to understand that Blizzard has all their services and servers running through the same place. And that place has a network provider. And that Network provider is getting ddosed.

What about that can you not understand?

Honestly how do we know they're telling the truth about getting DDOS'ed. It seems like a very convenient cover for server issues, it puts them beyond reproach.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Yeah because a bank robbery is the same thing as a ddos attack, right?

I simply cannot fathom some of the utter stupidity of some of the users here.
    I think perhaps you didn't get the reference he was making

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    Did you miss the word commercial? As in, television? Or does your ignorant ass live in a cave and not watch anything but wow? No one compared a bank robbery to ddos moron. It was a simple joke about the wording of the tweet. It was over your head neckbeard, but it's ok. We will go easy on your dumb ass.
    holy shit rage some more PLEASE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Because it's THEIR network provider, not time warner or some shit.
    I wish Blizz would say it is their SP...but...

Players are currently experiencing high latency and disconnections as a result of DDoS attacks towards certain internet service providers. We are currently monitoring this situation and will provide updates as they become available. Please follow @BlizzardCS on Twitter for further updates.
    I guess my ISP is perfectly fine because I can visit every single other website and connect to every other game...except blizz.net

Thing is most of those who do this are just the lowest form of skiddie because all they do is just rent a DDOS from some criminal organization. Reason why these attacks only seem to last a few hours cause thast all there moms will allow them to spend on her CC!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    Honestly how do we know they're telling the truth about getting DDOS'ed. It seems like a very convenient cover for server issues, it puts them beyond reproach.
    Actually, Blizzard is pretty open with the community when the problems are caused by server issues on their end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    while we havent found it yet, i hope one day we invent Ddos protection. Or a way to detect it before it happens and do something with the servers to mitigate the issue. this shits stupid.
    The only way to stop it is to force ISPs to monitor and cut internet connections when they see a computer is part of a botnet.

That's how my ISP has been doing it for a while, and it works well and the government is funding the extra costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    The amount of riots if this happens peak time Tuesday evening.
    I almost want to see this happen!!

Fucking scriptkiddies, man. Can't wait to see them behind bars.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I wish Blizz would say it is their SP...but...

I guess my ISP is perfectly fine because I can visit every single other website and connect to every other game...except blizz.net
    This is what I was getting at, they claim it's certain ISP but I am affected and I have zero problems anywhere but their game. Sounds like they are just too cheap to fix their problem and would rather point fingers and pretend they are not at fault.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    The only way to stop it is to force ISPs to monitor and cut internet connections when they see a computer is part of a botnet.

That's how my ISP has been doing it for a while, and it works well and the government is funding the extra costs.
    Just have to keep in mind, the computers on the botnet are usually innocent people whose only "crime" was to not keep their computer secure, and end up with malware.

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    Does this really need a thread? I guess people just need to complain about something...
    I don't think I've ever seen this amount of hypocrisy in as many words before. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Ddos again, even battle.net website is down.
    Ugg why do these basement dwellers do this? If they really wanted to show how bad ass they are at hacking they would go hack something worth mentioning not some game site.

And I can play WoW fine and connect to battle.net with no problem. No lag, even switched servers to my Horde alt while reading this thread with no issue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post

they really need to improve their monitering of Ddos's. Sounds like blizzard is doing a crappy job with that and is to blame for not taking the best possible effort against this stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    Server issues don't appear randomly and certainly won't affect every physical EU Bnet Region.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    0 internet access until they are 18 years old, then prison time for 25 years.
    I was thinking predator drone but that works to. :P

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Yeah because a bank robbery is the same thing as a ddos attack, right?

I simply cannot fathom some of the utter stupidity of some of the users here.

Yes, I know. Some people are actually wishing harm upon others over a video game.

Honestly, if I were to read in the newspaper or entertainment magazine that someone had gone full "Munich" on these DDOSers, I would not feel nearly as sorry for that as I should.