Thread: Rip Servers

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    they really need to improve their monatering of Ddos's. By that lodgic blizzard is doing a crappy job with that.
    They can't do much about it, if ISPs let it happen. They generally create a loop which bypasses the ddos, that's all they can do.

This article might explain what is going on for those who wish to know

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36993107

I got here as soon as I could to watch nerds fly into a frothing, pants-shitting rage over getting to play WoW only 23/7 instead of 24

Carry on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I was thinking predator drone but that works to. :P
    This sends a better message.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    Honestly how do we know they're telling the truth about getting DDOS'ed. It seems like a very convenient cover for server issues, it puts them beyond reproach.
    You should keep your illogical conspiracy theories in the same place as your bowel movements...

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Why are you here then? Stop by to see why you got DC'd from the game and saw an opportunity to climb up on the soap box? Congrats
    Just ignore that guy, he trolls in 100% of threads he's in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    I got here as soon as I could to watch nerds fly into a frothing, pants-shitting rage over getting to play WoW only 23/7 instead of 24

Carry on
    Because everyone has a full 24/7 to choose when to play WoW. This is a Sunday evening during prime hours, one of the only times many players can set aside to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    Honestly how do we know they're telling the truth about getting DDOS'ed. It seems like a very convenient cover for server issues, it puts them beyond reproach.
    A) Blizzard tells us when their servers shit themselves.

B) Someone else in the thread already said some rando group claimed credit for the DDOS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I was thinking predator drone but that works to. :P
    Hellfire missile would take care of it nicely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Just have to keep in mind, the computers on the botnet are usually innocent people whose only "crime" was to not keep their computer secure, and end up with malware.
    Yes but they still cut the connection because they are legally entitled to and because the government said they have no choice.

Government has actually started a campaign where they'll monitor it themselves and personally call them with instructions on how to fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Yes, I know. Some people are actually wishing harm upon others over a video game.
    No. They are wishing harm upon individuals who continually intrude in their privacy and interfere with their lives and services they paid for. And they should be allowed to wish for that and for justice to be done on what are criminals. Stop trying to strawman attack people for having different opinions. DDOSing is a crime and is not a legitimate form of protest. Like protestors who block traffic for the lols, they deserve to be run over for their stupidity and efforts at interfering with other people's lives.

Anyone who has Master Software, or the stuff that controls and directs the flow of DDOS traffic should be put on non-parole prison for 25 years to send a harsh message. Then loosen the penalty when you find it is not prevalent any longer.

I think it should be mandatory for every single person who's ever posted on the internet to undergo sensitivity training by being forced to play League of Legends for at least 100 hours. If you think the stuff people are saying in this thread about DDoS'ers is bad, just wait til you get your first intentionally feeding Master Yi.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    This is what I was getting at, they claim it's certain ISP but I am affected and I have zero problems anywhere but their game. Sounds like they are just too cheap to fix their problem and would rather point fingers and pretend they are not at fault.
    Blizzard is very open and up front when the problem is on their end. AT&T handles their network and server connections, so its most likely an attack on AT&Ts end.

Blizzard is almost surely the target seeing as they've been targetted pretty regularly since they did that mass ban wave of cheaters in Overwatch, but they're not being misleading. The attack has to go through their service provider by default, and one of the services that service providers... uhh, provide is protection from attacks such as this(as much as can be done... DDoS is one of those annoyingly simple attacks that pretty much anyone with a bot can pull off that there is very little protection from).

Same, in some dumb queue.

Can we all just agree that this sucks and anyone that thinks differently is a dum dum?

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    Not handling, monitoring. It's like those commercials where they monitor the bank robbery, but do nothing about it! Hackers +1 I guess on this night.
    I would like to suggest a different type of "monitoring" of these attackers, where they are tracked down and their heads are inserted into their monitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Argent Dawn EU was fine for me. Just logged off a few seconds ago.

Nerds raging is almost as entertaining as playing World of Warcraft.

It is hard to take people seriously when they have no clue how a DDoS works and/or is handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    This article might explain what is going on for those who wish to know

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36993107
    sounds like there is a way to stop it? Create extra servers to soak it up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I think it should be mandatory for every single person who's ever posted on the internet to undergo sensitivity training by being forced to play League of Legends for at least 100 hours. If you think the stuff people are saying in this thread about DDoS'ers is bad, just wait til you get your first intentionally feeding Master Yi.
    Screw sensitivity training. The world is not one giant safe-space. Adapt or be eatten is the name of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    I would like to suggest a different type of "monitoring" of these attackers, where they are tracked down and their heads are inserted into their monitor.
    No no. You want to do what the mob did to the Bowler in Kingpin. Stick their hand in a grinder. And before you all bitch, remember this is a legitimate punishment in the Quran. You are permitted to sever a hand for theft as a penalty. So don't be hating kids.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2016-09-19 at 12:08 AM.