Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    That 4pc T19 change for UH is incredible!!
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

love it. Makes DCs go from oh... dang time to do that part of the rotation to OH time for DC!
    The Combo SS and DC will be glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    As I said, I haven't gotten to the artifact talents that benefit DC yet. For now, DS is better DPS
    You are not getting runic corruption procs. There is no way spamping DS is better than doing the standard rotation of peppering in Death coils. Scourge of worlds isnt even the problem, its your rune regeneration.

I think some of this might be just the "feeling" of Death Coil, which is a subjective thing.

Personally, I don't like Death Coil because it hits like a wet noodle. It's average damage ends up being around the same as an auto-attack but it takes more effort to use.

I don't mind a resource dump as another thing to manage but unlike Frost Strike it just doesn't do anything. You push it because you don't want to cap resources and otherwise save it for Dark Transformation uptime.

It feels clunky to use because it doesn't do fuck all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosnail View Post
    You are not getting runic corruption procs. There is no way spamping DS is better than doing the standard rotation of peppering in Death coils. Scourge of worlds isnt even the problem, its your rune regeneration.
    You do get RC procs from Death Strike.

RC's proc chance is 1.25% per runic power spent.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2016-09-16 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turbosnail View Post
    Pretty sure I get RC procs with DS. In fact I get a higher chance of proccing RC than DC because of higher RP cost.

Halving the GCD on Death Coil would go a long way to make it feel better. Or getting rid of the GCD for sudden doom procs.

Wait....RC procs off of runic power spent?

Holy fuck....what?!

Been like this since the talent of runic corruption came out. I'm curious how much of a dps lost it is, because right now I'd rather cast DCs only on sudden doom procs and keep using DS for better runes regeneration. Also using DS is a quick answer for stupid things (yes yes, nobody is safe from playing "perfect" or avoiding the unavoidable damage. And you help the healer by focusing on the tank or the other dps).

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you unlock scourge of worlds go ahead and try necrosis. It makes DC feel like it has a purpose since it buffs the hell out of your next SS. I often see SS crit for ~250k now.

this makes you want to DC before SS and has overall slowed the spec down for me making rune regen seem to keep up better now. I really miss the free wounds from the ghoul tho.
    Last edited by Starsinn; 2016-09-18 at 01:48 AM.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pies1 View Post
    Between procs and standard rp generation i feel I'm spending too much time on DC to avoid RP cap.

Is it a dps loss to just ignore it until I'm waiting on runes? If so, any advice on weaving them in more efficiently?
    Think that's bad now, wait until we get double doom and runic tattoos.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    I cap my runic power all the time. It's not like I'm neglecting DC, either - I use it as much as possible to keep runes recycling faster and to buff my strikes. The nice thing about it, though, is that I nearly always have ample RP to deathstrike during mythics - which has been extremely helpful.
    Sudden Doom + Dark Succor Procs + Wounds RP on targets who just died

walking around with 80 RP at all times in mythics doesn't feel good... but doesnt feel bad.

I honestly cant wait for some Raid HP quality bosses and AoE so its not a constant rush to see who can use there first 5-6 GCD's first and unholy can actually do its full line up of damage (which honestly feels really OP when you given the time to set it all up)

right now mythics pretty much feel like trying to burst on Kromrok hands "whoever hits there button first wins!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Sudden doom shouldn't even have a GCD at all.
    I actually quite like this idea, or atleast the idea to give it a seperate gcd from melee. I always dislike the little delay between hits and coils, or coil and coil. It just seems really sluggish when you're dumping. It'd be much more flowing if you could interweave coils into your regular melee abilities.

Would be nice to have the old Blood version of Sudden Doom, which was a chance to fire a free Death Coil on Heart Strike hits. No button push required.

A mass dump RP skill would do wonders for Unholy gameplay especially in dungeons. Something that has less return per RP then Death Coil would on DPS but has better short-term burst. Even designing it as an AoE stun with 0 DPS would be great. Devs plz.