Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    We have around 30 active in my guild at the moment (way down from numbers pre-WoD). Currently out of the 30 active I believe only a couple haven't hit 110 yet on any toon. And about 1/3 have either 2 or 3 110s.

We have zero legendaries in our guild so far.

I'm a firm believer in the "theory" that some peoples accounts are flagged for high drops and some aren't. I have a friend who quit at WoD (who didn't play vanilla but we bought TBC for him to get started). He got everything all the time. Never failed to get a drop. If he were playing I bet he'd be one of those with 2 legendaries already. I'm the one who never gets world drops/rare drops while content is current for that drop. So I fully expect to not get a legendary drop this expansion. Not QQ'ing as I've accepted that's just the way Blizz works.
    Same feeling, some people just always get what they want and others never get it. It took me 36 Mythic kills of Garrosh to see the shoulders, while our warrior got them 4 times in a row off of coins. The same warrior who has 2 legendaries right now.

Simply put, the Legendary items were a good idea in theory but the execution of them are just trash. They are way too powerful and way too sought out to be so vaguely determined who gets them.

The fact that people will unlock the ability to equip 2 before most people probably get one is just silly and stupid.

Id prefer the old system of long hard quest for specific people to get legendary items to this RNG crap. And I never had an older legendary before, but at least then I knew I wouldnt get it and those who did put in the effort week after week to get it.

No doubt this is Jay Wilson's idea, this screams of "Sounds fun on paper but is terrible in game". Which is exactly how you can describe Vanilla D3. How that man is still employed is shocking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guchie View Post
    Simply put, the Legendary items were a good idea in theory but the execution of them are just trash. They are way too powerful and way too sought out to be so vaguely determined who gets them.

The fact that people will unlock the ability to equip 2 before most people probably get one is just silly and stupid.

Id prefer the old system of long hard quest for specific people to get legendary items to this RNG crap. And I never had an older legendary before, but at least then I knew I wouldnt get it and those who did put in the effort week after week to get it.

No doubt this is Jay Wilson's idea, this screams of "Sounds fun on paper but is terrible in game". Which is exactly how you can describe Vanilla D3. How that man is still employed is shocking.
    To be honest, the legendaries were a bad idea since the beginning. What's the point of having 15+ legendaries for every class and spec with most of them only being stat sticks with bad effects? It works for a game like diablo, where it's all about the grind, where you can drop hundreds of legendaries a day and are even able to craft them. But them having to be somewhat rare in a game like WoW all that bad legendaries are doing is making people feel bad, when they get one of those after investing a lot of time playing the RNG slot machine.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    The bolded is what Blizzard is trying to prevent with the bad luck protection system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think too many people are watching popular streamers, where the viewers are teasing the streamer by saying they have a Legendary. I haven't seen too many people with Legendaries in-game, so I suspect the drop-rate is actually low - as it should be. Blizzard seems to want everyone to have them eventually, but at the same time, they don't want to hand them out like candy.

I can't talk for everyone, this is what i see in my guild:

1 Demon Hunter with 2 Legendary items
    1 Demon Hunter with 1 Legendary items
    1 Paladin with 2 Legendary items
    1 Mage with 1 Legendary item
    1 Hunter with 1 Legendary items
    1 Druid with 1 Legendary
    1 Priest with 1 Legendary
    1 Shaman with 1 Legendary

out of 78 Lv110 players (including alts). So 10 legendary items per 78 players, I have no idea if more of those have multiple ones because the armory doesn't show it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep couldn't agree more.

I am done farming AP since I can just log in every 4-5 days and level my AK. Getting that to a point where I can just do a few WQ's and level my weapon.

I have lost a lot of drive due to broken systems, shit performance and all the god dam gating. Everything in legion is on a timer and its boring as hell. My Paladin atm has 7 wow sub tokens just waiting to be used.
    All i want to fuckin know is if it is still broken, if the pity timer is on and if it's turned on, i want to know if it is inverted. I don't care about low drop rates, but right now farming heroics feels like a waste of time, since i don't know if it's a low droprate or still bugged. But Blizzard won't fuckin give us any information. Am at around 1000 heroics now. Never seen one drop. Know around 10 people who are also at around the same amount of heroics. All didn't see one drop. It really smells like inverted pity timer to me and even if it's not bugged it still feels worthless right now thanks to literally zero communication from Blizzard.

PS: Also... fuck your fly in the signatur. I literally thought there is one behind the glass of my monitor for 15 seconds. xD
    Last edited by mmoc961a6aa380; 2016-09-19 at 12:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next thread from OP... "Water is WET"

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    To be honest, the legendaries were a bad idea since the beginning. What's the point of having 15+ legendaries for every class and spec with most of them only being stat sticks with bad effects? It works for a game like diablo, where it's all about the grind, where you can drop hundreds of legendaries a day and are even able to craft them. But them having to be somewhat rare in a game like WoW all that bad legendaries are doing is making people feel bad, when they get one of those after investing a lot of time playing the RNG slot machine.
    They're a bad idea to you. For me I love the idea of these legendaries and having rare loot to reward me even if it's a low drop chance when I help my buddies do mythics in the coming weeks is nothing but a plus. And while they'll be nothing but a bonus for those that get them they 99% of the people whining aren't in any kind of progression race where other factors aren't going to render the 1 or two extra legendarily a group has relevant. And that's the entire problem that has absolutely fuck all to do with the system in place.

For people like you who's entire self worth seems to be tied into not only if they got a legendary but how good of one it is need to recognize that that is a you problem not a system problem. No one likes not getting loot and no matter what if you removed legendary there is always something to complain about for why you didn't get BiS loot piece X. I never saw my heroic deathbringer's will but I don't consider the game a broken unfun mess because I was personally annoyed the piece I wanted didn't drop.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Sounds like a QQ thread.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    They're a bad idea to you. For me I love the idea of these legendaries and having rare loot to reward me even if it's a low drop chance when I help my buddies do mythics in the coming weeks is nothing but a plus. And while they'll be nothing but a bonus for those that get them they 99% of the people whining aren't in any kind of progression race where other factors aren't going to render the 1 or two extra legendarily a group has relevant. And that's the entire problem that has absolutely fuck all to do with the system in place.

For people like you who's entire self worth seems to be tied into not only if they got a legendary but how good of one it is need to recognize that that is a you problem not a system problem. No one likes not getting loot and no matter what if you removed legendary there is always something to complain about for why you didn't get BiS loot piece X. I never saw my heroic deathbringer's will but I don't consider the game a broken unfun mess because I was personally annoyed the piece I wanted didn't drop.
    "I mean, If I dont like it, it's stupid and you're stupid for liking" the post.

Its funny that you say not getting that item didnt matter to you, but you sure as hell remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    source? please and thank you
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Dev-Interviews

The first tier is balanced around most players not having a legendary item.

Later tiers will be tuned around most players having a legendary item.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not employed at Blizzard any longer. This is true for some time now. Nonetheless, whoever devised the system it's in the game because the team that manages development approved its existence.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    That's your opinion and that's fine for me. Funny how awfully offended you get by other people's opinions though. Insulting others based on their opinions way to go champ.

For people like you who's entire self worth seems to be tied into not only if they got a legendary but how good of one it is need to recognize that that is a you problem not a system problem.
    Lol. I guess it doesn't take psychologists anymore to analyse peoples characters. Only some random triggered dude on the internet.

I never saw my heroic deathbringer's will but I don't consider the game a broken unfun mess because I was personally annoyed the piece I wanted didn't drop.
    I never said that. You're really good at talking out of your ass, overexaggerating and putting words in other peoples mouths.
    Last edited by mmoce193b9fd19; 2016-09-19 at 01:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    so let me get this straight, legendaries are the new epics and epics became just leveling items and vendor trash?

Of course the legendary droprate is low, that's why they're legendaries, not everyone should have one, otherwise they wouldn't be legendary weapons.
    Your argument could be valid as long as there was a system that only allowed people who worked hard/did high end game content to get one, it should've been a reward for "working hard" or simply being better than the others at the game
    The fact they're a completely random drop(terrible players who just dinged 110 and didn't even know there were legendaries in the game could easily have one), and 80-90% of the hardcore raiders no matter what still have none, makes me pretty sad.

I don't even know how pathetic blizzard could be to implement them in the first place with this rng system lol.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Arensky View Post
    All i want to fuckin know is if it is still broken, if the pity timer is on and if it's turned on, i want to know if it is inverted. I don't care about low drop rates, but right now farming heroics feels like a waste of time, since i don't know if it's a low droprate or still bugged. But Blizzard won't fuckin give us any information. Am at around 1000 heroics now. Never seen one drop. Know around 10 people who are also at around the same amount of heroics. All didn't see one drop. It really smells like inverted pity timer to me and even if it's not bugged it still feels worthless right now thanks to literally zero communication from Blizzard.

PS: Also... fuck your fly in the signatur. I literally thought there is one behind the glass of my monitor for 15 seconds. xD
    To the bolded: LOL.

But ya I agree, as it stands it really feels pointless to do anything until we find out how the system works. That is why I am logging in just to do my daily chest and then log off.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's a legendary. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    It's a legendary. Deal with it.
    Hey look another person who hasn't read the thread and seen why people are pissed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Hey look another person who hasn't read the thread and seen why people are pissed.
    Most (read: nearly all) people can't be arsed to read through a thread and only respond to the OP. That's just forums in general. I kind of wish MMO-C utilized an aggregate voting mechanism to keep the relevant posts highlighted (ie, reddit), but it's difficult to fault people for innate human laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Most (read: nearly all) people can't be arsed to read through a thread and only respond to the OP. That's just forums in general. I kind of wish MMO-C utilized an aggregate voting mechanism to keep the relevant posts highlighted (ie, reddit), but it's difficult to fault people for innate human laziness.
    While true, they could at lease read the last 2 pages and get a idea.

Most don't even read the OP just the title.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Blizz said that their purpose was for each raid team to have 3 legendaries on average. So droprate is as intended. Some have more, some have less.
    Well if that is even remotely true, they've fucked my raid team then, we have exactly Zero. Not a single person.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's when you go full destiny and add Xur.