Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Protection artifact hidden ability ?

Have we found out yet what the hidden artifact abillity is for the protection artifact ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peukst View Post
    Have we found out yet what the hidden artifact abillity is for the protection artifact ?
    Why does everyone think every artifact has a hidden ability? its quite possible some specs artifacts dont have one and thats why they are not found.

Fairness, if some weapons have and some dont, people would loose their shit i guess. Maybe not, who knows. Im just curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I'm just really late to the party after a long time away but I've noticed that I'm immune to daze and dismount as a Protection Warrior. Unless that's some default tank ability then it's probably our hidden artifact ability.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    Not sure if I'm just really late to the party after a long time away but I've noticed that I'm immune to daze and dismount as a Protection Warrior. Unless that's some default tank ability then it's probably our hidden artifact ability.
    Prot warrs, and I believe tanks in general, have been immune to daze since vanilla.

Your chance to be dazed is equal to your chance to be crit. Defence capped players in vanilla/BC and tanks since are therefore immune to daze.

There is no effect. No one has ever found anything, nor was anything datamined. If there is something, its incredibly well hidden. I dont believe any text or dialogue changes if you have it. Seems blizz just kind of forgot for prot.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

It gives us the ability to excel at the withered training scenario.

I did get what I think was some unique dialogue from Odyn outside the Halls of Valour when I went there for a mythic, but other than that I haven't noticed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Menox View Post
    It gives us the ability to excel at the withered training scenario.
    Must be a proc then, 'cos I still suck at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not all of the hidden abilities are obvious; Strom'kar took a while to be found cause there were no trolls in the Broken Isles. Perhaps there is a unique interaction in Deepholme or from black dragons (or with Wrathion or Ebonhorn?)
    I've been to every single location, dungeon, and quest dealing with dragons and black dragons with no results. A lot of people have.

The only thing I've seen is the flightmaster in Valdisdall, Stormheim, who'll make a comment when you fly to his point ("So the legend is true, the Scale is real...").

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeolTheFox View Post
    The only thing I've seen is the flightmaster in Valdisdall, Stormheim, who'll make a comment when you fly to his point ("So the legend is true, the Scale is real...").

Hey Shade, i cant send you a PM due to my low posting. Do you get this quote every time ? Can you make a screenshot of it ?

Greetings, Mosher

Also feel free to add me ingame Jasper#2509

Quote Originally Posted by Pydracor View Post
    Hey Shade, i cant send you a PM due to my low posting. Do you get this quote every time ? Can you make a screenshot of it ?

Greetings, Mosher

Also feel free to add me ingame Jasper#2509
    That flightmaster mentions most weapons in some way.

I was in Suramar collecting mana and a guard dispelled my disguise. Well I began to run away cause I was in a central area with tons of Suramar npcs. I began running to the river hoping to lose them in the water. As I was running I got stunned and suddenly a barrier surrounded me. It began pushing the mobs away from it as it grew outward. I don't have any abilities of equipment that could do that. I'm still not sure what caused that to happen. Maybe an npc? I'm not sure. My prot set is at rank 16 and I just got a mythic artifact quest that will send me to EoA.

Quote Originally Posted by Khama View Post
    I was in Suramar collecting mana and a guard dispelled my disguise. Well I began to run away cause I was in a central area with tons of Suramar npcs. I began running to the river hoping to lose them in the water. As I was running I got stunned and suddenly a barrier surrounded me. It began pushing the mobs away from it as it grew outward. I don't have any abilities of equipment that could do that. I'm still not sure what caused that to happen. Maybe an npc? I'm not sure. My prot set is at rank 16 and I just got a mythic artifact quest that will send me to EoA.
    Its an effect you get from one of the Elves in the haven for feeding them mana. Prevents one death.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khama View Post
    You didn't get "stunned". You died. But as you had fed one of the NPCs in the Suramar hub you got, as mentioend above, a shield that prevented that death.

Found it. You know how trolls run away in fear when you wear arms sword? It's the same effect but with solo players of the opposing factions on pvp realms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Found it. You know how trolls run away in fear when you wear arms sword? It's the same effect but with solo players of the opposing factions on pvp realms.
    For some reason, demon hunters, especially havoc, seem to be immune to this effect. They just keep killing themselves on my shield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    For some reason, demon hunters, especially havoc, seem to be immune to this effect. They just keep killing themselves on my shield.
    It doesn't seem to work in instanced PVP zones either.