View Poll Results: Do you like to watch Heroes e-sports?

Voters
33. This poll is closed
  • I like to watch Heroes e-sports

13 39.39%
  • I do not care about Heroes e-sports

19 57.58%
  • I am here just to troll

1 3.03%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Keep the discussion civil. This is your only warning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    My biggest issue, and why I say it assumes, is the "I'm just here to troll" option in the poll. As it assumes anyone who doesn't fit it either category is a troll.

Because technically, I would fit in the "I don't watch Heroes e-sports" category myself.
    Then your assumption of the reason behind that option is wrong. I put it there because people like shit post serious threads and vote to confuse polls. If you don't care about the game at all and still come here just to press "I do not care about Heroes e-sports" you are ruining the purpose of a poll.

It is a simple question - Do you watch it? The answer is either yes or no, even when you are playing the game a lot. Not much to discuss about it. If I asked you if you like blue colour, would your answer be along the lines: "I really like to wear blue colour myself, but I hate seeing it on other people."? I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Then your assumption of the reason behind that option is wrong. I put it there because people like shit post serious threads and vote to confuse polls. If you don't care about the game at all and still come here just to press "I do not care about Heroes e-sports" you are ruining the purpose of a poll.

It is a simple question - Do you watch it? The answer is either yes or no, even when you are playing the game a lot. Not much to discuss about it. If I asked you if you like blue colour, would your answer be along the lines: "I really like to wear blue colour myself, but I hate seeing it on other people."? I guess not.
    Then why just name the option "I don't care about either Heroes or E-Sports" if you wanted to filter out that data? Assuming people are going to be trolls just gets folks like me mad, because that's not what we do.

And no, they aren't ruining the purpose of the poll if they selected "I don't care about Heroes E-Sports" and didn't care about either the game or E-Sports, cause factually the option would be correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why just name the option "I don't care about either Heroes or E-Sports" if you wanted to filter out that data? Assuming people are going to be trolls just gets folks like me mad, because that's not what we do.

And no, they aren't ruining the purpose of the poll if they selected "I don't care about Heroes E-Sports" and didn't care about either the game or E-Sports, cause factually the option would be correct.
    I am sorry, is your memory damaged or something?

People who don't play the game at all are not a target audience. The poll is for people who actively play it, get it? There is no need for option you suggested, it is in HotS sub-forum. Again, if you don't play it, there is very little reason for you to come here.

Done talking to you, derailing the thread and maybe even getting it locked in the process. Thank you.

My biggest issue, and why I say it assumes, is the "I'm just here to troll" option in the poll. As it assumes anyone who doesn't fit it either category is a troll.
    Quit being stupid. The "here to troll" option is clearly there for people who don't care about HotS at all and came to a HotS specific thread anyway, cause, dude, literally everyone fits into one of the other 2 options. Either you like to watch HotS esports, or you do not. What would you consider a viable 3rd group, I guess "I was unaware HotS esports existed"?

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I am sorry, is your memory damaged or something?

People who don't play the game at all are not a target audience. The poll is for people who actively play it, get it? There is no need for option you suggested, it is in HotS sub-forum. Again, if you don't play it, there is very little reason for you to come here.

Done talking to you, derailing the thread and maybe even getting it locked in the process. Thank you.
    Or are you just frustrated that I won't use personal attacks, and actually provide logic? Targeting a specific audience is perfectly ok, but if you want valid statistical data you need to have a respectful option for those who don't apply to your otherwise targeted options.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Quit being stupid. The "here to troll" option is clearly there for people who don't care about HotS at all and came to a HotS specific thread anyway, cause, dude, literally everyone fits into one of the other 2 options. Either you like to watch HotS esports, or you do not. What would you consider a viable 3rd group, I guess "I was unaware HotS esports existed"?
    That would actually be a very viable 3rd option, but wouldn't address the problem that calling anyone who doesn't appear to care "trolls" (which, isn't that against MMO-Champ policy anyway?). Targeting a specific audience is fine, insulting those who stumble upon and would otherwise wish to contribute data points is not.

I do find it quite funny that you and the OP keep resorting to personal attacks and insults towards me

Nah, I don't care about E-Sports in general.

Can't remember the last time I sat down to watch a gaming match of any kind. I guess, just like other sports, it's just not my cup of tea.

That would actually be a very viable 3rd option, but wouldn't address the problem that calling anyone who doesn't appear to care "trolls" (which, isn't that against MMO-Champ policy anyway?). Targeting a specific audience is fine, insulting those who stumble upon and would otherwise wish to contribute data points is not.
    If you stumble on the thread that was clearly not directed at you, you leave. If you come here and reply despite specifically NOT being part of the group being questioned, you're trolling. Can't argue that, mate.

If you stumble on the thread that was clearly not directed at you, you leave. If you come here and reply despite specifically NOT being part of the group being questioned, you're trolling. Can't argue that, mate.
    So in other words you just called the person above you a troll

And actually, I can, because you can't just call everyone who has a differing opinion from yours a troll and expect them to go away. Or in other words, your attempts at censorship and creating a "safe space" for yourself will never work.

And actually, I can, because you can't just call everyone who has a differing opinion from yours a troll
    Except it has nothing to do with people having different opinions. The question is specifically aimed at a certain group. If you are not part of that group and are trying to respond anyways, you are trolling. Asking "Is GoT a good show", you will get different opinions, some might say it's the best show ever and others might say it's crap, and none of them will be trolling, cause the question is about the show in general. If you ask specifically "A question for GoT fans" and someone comes in saying they hate the show, that's trolling. And as I said, you cannot argue that. Well, okay, you can, and you can also argue that the world is flat, but you will be wrong in both cases.

Except it has nothing to do with people having different opinions. The question is specifically aimed at a certain group. If you are not part of that group and are trying to respond anyways, you are trolling. Asking "Is GoT a good show", you will get different opinions, some might say it's the best show ever and others might say it's crap, and none of them will be trolling, cause the question is about the show in general. If you ask specifically "A question for GoT fans" and someone comes in saying they hate the show, that's trolling. And as I said, you cannot argue that. Well, okay, you can, and you can also argue that the world is flat, but you will be wrong in both cases.
    I think our definitions of what a "troll" is are vastly different, but ok. Go ahead and keep thinking that everyone who voices a different opinion when it isn't convenient for you a "troll." I'll be out there discussing fun things while you stay in your little safe space.

I don't care about any e-sports. Or any real sports for that matter. I play games, I got no interest in watching other people play games.
    I actually like to watch tournament finals but i'd say i don't care for hots esports for similar resons of the above.

Also, most of the strats pros use are very team based. I feel like ppl who solo que play an almost different game from those playing together.

I think our definitions of what a "troll" is are vastly different, but ok. Go ahead and keep thinking that everyone who voices a different opinion when it isn't convenient for you a "troll." I'll be out there discussing fun things while you stay in your little safe space.
    Again, it has nothing to do with "difference of opinions" it has to do with facts. Some dude asks "Is Breaking Bad a great show?". I show up, I say yes. You can show up, and say no, worst show you've ever seen. That's a different opinion. It's not being a troll. Some dude asks "For Breaking Bad fans, what's your least favorite character". I show up and say "Skyler", you show up and say "The show sucks, I don't watch it", that's being a troll. Not hard to grasp, not sure why it keeps stumping you.

Again, it has nothing to do with "difference of opinions" it has to do with facts. Some dude asks "Is Breaking Bad a great show?". I show up, I say yes. You can show up, and say no, worst show you've ever seen. That's a different opinion. It's not being a troll. Some dude asks "For Breaking Bad fans, what's your least favorite character". I show up and say "Skyler", you show up and say "The show sucks, I don't watch it", that's being a troll. Not hard to grasp, not sure why it keeps stumping you.
    Maybe because I value all opinions and you don't?

I don't think this thread is getting back on track any time soon.

CLOSED