Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Armor doesn't give AP.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Right but does *bonus* armor as said on the pot give AP like it did in WoD? Or is that stat completely removed?

It does not exist any more, got moved to Versatility everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

How bad it the waist legendary? Unfortunately I just got and it feels really freaking bad. Knowing I could have got the demon spike leech legendary or immolation aura one makes me so upset. The stats arent even good . I am so sad fam.

Quote Originally Posted by sheaebay View Post
    How bad it the waist legendary? Unfortunately I just got and it feels really freaking bad. Knowing I could have got the demon spike leech legendary or immolation aura one makes me so upset. The stats arent even good . I am so sad fam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkky
    Your attacks cause an additional 50% damage as Physical to enemies above 90% health.
    Terrible. If you get this, re-roll.

Also is Devour Soul really better than Defensive Spikes? The extra 10% parry is going to stop more damage than the 3% heal is going to mitigate.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    Right but does *bonus* armor as said on the pot give AP like it did in WoD? Or is that stat completely removed?
    The pot does say bonus armor for some dumb reason blizzard is actually retarded. Its just normal armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaniah View Post
    Also is Devour Soul really better than Defensive Spikes? The extra 10% parry is going to stop more damage than the 3% heal is going to mitigate.
    The 10% parry is quite meh. In dungeons you are probably stacking mastery for harder stuff and at that point you actually don't take damage during it so its pretty meh and 9% healing is better. In raids 10% parry is 1 auto on a boss unless you watch swing timers you can get a second.

Also with the bonus armor thing. Bonus armor never actually gave us ap. We had a passive that gave us ap for 100% of our bonus armor. So it kind of makes sense to leave it. People just need to adjust.

Speaking of Armor/Bonus Armour, how much % DR does the Darkmoon trinket actually give? Or, easier, how much rating is 1% DR?

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Speaking of Armor/Bonus Armour, how much % DR does the Darkmoon trinket actually give? Or, easier, how much rating is 1% DR?
    Average DR is 9% I believe someone said. I don't have it so haven't checked it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    Average DR is 9% I believe someone said. I don't have it so haven't checked it myself.
    Thanks. Was just wondering if it was worth getting for my alt, still at 40k or so though so I think I'll pass for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    The 10% parry is quite meh. In dungeons you are probably stacking mastery for harder stuff and at that point you actually don't take damage during it so its pretty meh and 9% healing is better. In raids 10% parry is 1 auto on a boss unless you watch swing timers you can get a second.
    3% healing also feels pretty meh to me. We're sitting at ~3 million health and soul cleave is only healing for around 400k. So another 3% is 12k? Thats .4% of our health. Even with high mastery, parrying a high hitting melee swing is going to outweigh that (I have no idea what raid bosses hit for. Maybe they hit for nothing). And on things like trash, with multiple enemies attacking you, parry only gets better, where as the healing from soul cleave is static.

I could be completely wrong and forgetting something. And if so I'd love to know what. But to me it makes more sense to grab Defensive Spikes before going back and picking up Devour Souls, which I'm a bar away from at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaniah View Post
    3% healing also feels pretty meh to me. We're sitting at ~3 million health and soul cleave is only healing for around 400k. So another 3% is 12k? Thats .4% of our health. Even with high mastery, parrying a high hitting melee swing is going to outweigh that (I have no idea what raid bosses hit for. Maybe they hit for nothing). And on things like trash, with multiple enemies attacking you, parry only gets better, where as the healing from soul cleave is static.

I could be completely wrong and forgetting something. And if so I'd love to know what. But to me it makes more sense to grab Defensive Spikes before going back and picking up Devour Souls, which I'm a bar away from at the moment.
    I mean it all depends on the content you are doing and traits. If you aren't gonna get more then 1/3 soul cleave in the next like day or so then w/e get spikes. I personally have 3/3 soul cleave and will get Demon Spikes on tuesday before raid idk.

10% parry for 3 of 6 seconds of DS idk feels bad. Mobs are already meleeing for 40k during DS in my mastery gear as it is. Like I have 2.8m hp why would I need to parry 40k hits when I can heal with soul cleave for 500k in my gear every few seconds getting melee'd by a bunch of mobs.

We also get WAY more pain gen in raids and soul cleave a lot more than you see in dungeons atm. Unless of course you are pulling the whole instance to first boss in HoV or Maw of Souls then you see real pain gen where you can soul cleave every couple globals. Having more healing on that is pretty helpful imo.

Idk in the end it wont matter people even playing slowly should at minimum get 1 point per 5 days all expac till their artifact is 54/54 so it wont be long before you have everything anyway it won't really effect anything. I personally don't see how 3 seconds of 10% more parry can do anything on a raid boss since you have to perfectly watch swing timers to even have that benefit 2 melees on a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    A friend of mine spent a few days leveling up and gearing a Vengeance DH. He attempted his first few Mythics at ilvl 830+ and tells me he died regularly and horribly to trash, not being able to take down the first boss in either (Maw and Darkhearth). Is he doing something wrong, or are DHs squishy tanks? He's dead set on spending even more time leveling up a Prot Warrior now. I'm trying to convince him to git gud so to speak instead of wasting more time now that the raid is less than 2 days away. This is his only tanking experience in WoW, and a few healers have criticized him for taking lots of damage in HCs as well.

How are experienced tanks doing in Mythic with this class?

Quote Originally Posted by Tawm View Post
    A friend of mine spent a few days leveling up and gearing a Vengeance DH. He attempted his first few Mythics at ilvl 830+ and tells me he died regularly and horribly to trash, not being able to take down the first boss in either (Maw and Darkhearth). Is he doing something wrong, or are DHs squishy tanks? He's dead set on spending even more time leveling up a Prot Warrior now. I'm trying to convince him to git gud so to speak instead of wasting more time now that the raid is less than 2 days away. This is his only tanking experience in WoW, and a few healers have criticized him for taking lots of damage in HCs as well.

If he is indeed 830+ he has to be playing incredibly poorly to be dying to those bosses. I mean, the trash can hit hard at times and catch a decent player off guard but not likely the bosses however are an absolute joke damage wise and he should be able to stay alive on them literally hitting 2 buttons and not even using DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawm View Post

Experienced Tanks are soloing many of the bosses on DH. It is partially that we are slightly harder to play than some other tanks. It sounds like he doesn't have much experience in the class. If he wishes, he can link his logs here or preferably in Discord, someone can assist him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    Experienced Tanks are soloing many of the bosses on DH. It is partially that we are slightly harder to play than some other tanks. It sounds like he doesn't have much experience in the class. If he wishes, he can link his logs here or preferably in Discord, someone can assist him.
    Well, I tried getting him to read a guide or two, or at the very least share his logs. Afraid he simply ditched his Demon Hunter in favor of a Prot Warrior, hoping it'll be more faceroll-y. He doesn't want any help, nor to read any guides. He blames his shortcomings on the class itself. Turns out he doesn't know what active mitigation is. Seems to me like he shouldn't be tanking at all at this point.

Sorry for wasting your time. It's an exercise in futility.
    Last edited by Tawm; 2016-09-19 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Grammar.

Deleted
    550 Crit + Haste enchant neck enchant on proc or 3000 armor neck enchant on proc for mythic+?

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingway View Post
    550 Crit + Haste enchant neck enchant on proc or 3000 armor neck enchant on proc for mythic+?
    Armor
    /10char

How hard would be to tank mythic dungeons and normal raids if every gear piece is from Havoc specialization so mostly Crit/Vers? Will be much harder than If I would set up loot for veng?

I'm curious what your opinions are on the 10% damage nerf tomorrow. I only play in a 5 man and currently use my DK tank as my main. I'm looking to level my alt DH or Warrior and as I understand it, Mythic+ trash is what is harder than the actual bosses. Since DH's are better (assuming here) at clearing trash than Warriors, does this hurt their niche? I like the AoE stun by Warrior, but I think Fel Eruption could be a good replacement.

If it matters, my group would be Tank (Me), H.Pally, Aff/Destro Warlock, Uh. DK, Boomkin.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere