10+ Year Old Account
    being rejected from guild heroics spam because our AoE is garbage, feels real good

Slightly off topic, but didn't want to make a new thread. Before I drop 60k on another ring, does anyone know for certain if you can equip both Dawnlight and Prophetic jc rings?

Deleted
    Did anyone make a list for trinkets pre raid yet? Not really sure which ones to use. Ty!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Did anyone make a list for trinkets pre raid yet? Not really sure which ones to use. Ty!
    Twintop had made a list that since then got deleted b/c wowhead errors.

below some of the top contender as I recall, order doesn't mean anything:

Random +haste 850 WQ trinket
    Darkmoon: Hellfire
    Infernal Writ 850
    Chrono Shard 850

Obviously the value of the crit trinket should go down if you got Mangaza's

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WWfred View Post
    being rejected from guild heroics spam because our AoE is garbage, feels real good
    Heroics though? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by WWfred View Post
    That's when you find a new guild.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    I have to admit i am somewhat confused.
    I am still really low ilvl (803) so bare this is mind.
    I found that when using the completely unupgraded disco talent spec i not only am basically immortal against everything except the group elites but i actually do more consistent (aka none voidform) damage compared to shadow. Shadow is 55k average with spikes while disco is a smooth 60k.
    I must be doing something wrong cause this cannot be right, right?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    I have to admit i am somewhat confused.
    I am still really low ilvl (803) so bare this is mind.
    I found that when using the completely unupgraded disco talent spec i not only am basically immortal against everything except the group elites but i actually do more consistent (aka none voidform) damage compared to shadow. Shadow is 55k average with spikes while disco is a smooth 60k.
    I must be doing something wrong cause this cannot be right, right?
    I wouldn't even look at damage comparisons at that ilvl tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    I wouldn't even look at damage comparisons at that ilvl tbh.
    So it changes for the better?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    That sounds a little too strong tbh unless they nerf mass hysteria or StM.
    If they nerf shadow priest i would gues they would bring StM down to 100% bonus insanity generation. This would bring it more back in line to the other 100 talents and make it more forgiving for lags and low fps. I would acutally like it if they buff our damag with the 7.1 patchnotes on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltshak3r View Post
    If they nerf shadow priest i would gues they would bring StM down to 100% bonus insanity generation. This would bring it more back in line to the other 100 talents and make it more forgiving for lags and low fps. I would acutally like it if they buff our damag with the 7.1 patchnotes on the other side.
    If they nerfed stm like that then they would need to drop the 10m cd and the dying part because honestly 100% sounds very lackluster.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    So it changes for the better?
    It gets better with gear. Don't expect to be some dungeon hero though. We're terrible on trash and low hp targets in general. We will shine in raid encounters though. Solo content does it much much much better with gear. Also having Sol as your bodygaurd is really good.

Heroics though? Seriously?
    Dunno, to be honest I rarely see anyone recruiting both shadow and disc priests nowadays, only holy. Welcome to the age of vanilla, I guess?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Dunno, to be honest I rarely see anyone recruiting both shadow and disc priests nowadays, only holy. Welcome to the age of vanilla, I guess?
    I did see a guild recruiting for a spriest on my server and my guild has two on our roster. The optimist in me assumes that most guilds have as many as they need and just aren't recruiting them.

The pessimist is thinking that everyone is basing performance off of dungeons...which...is...yeah, we've exhausted that topic i think.

I did see a guild recruiting for a spriest on my server and my guild has two on our roster. The optimist in me assumes that most guilds have as many as they need and just aren't recruiting them.

The pessimist is thinking that everyone is basing performance off of dungeons...which...is...yeah, we've exhausted that topic i think.
    I don't think any raid that is worth joining judges shadow priest performance by dungeon runs. Yet another question is why would anyone invite shadowpriest who is good only in raids when you can pick a mage or a lock who wear same cloth, use same caster trinkets, but are good everywhere? Everyone is going to run mythic+ in spare time, you know.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I don't think any raid that is worth joining judges shadow priest performance by dungeon runs. Yet another question is why would anyone invite shadowpriest who is good only in raids when you can pick a mage or a lock who wear same cloth, use same caster trinkets, but are good everywhere? Everyone is going to run mythic+ in spare time, you know.
    My guild isn't exactly making Mythic+ a focal point because we're only two day. And tbh I've been playing my blood dk alt more in mythics than my spriest just because it's exhasting to just see trash get fel rushed/living bombed/SOTW/lolstormed down. At least on my blood dk i can join in that with bonestorm.

and i just love being annoying shouting BONESTORM from time to time in discord. my guild loves their spriest. ))))

Deleted
    Do we PI or MB for raiding? We get more burst with PI but more voidform time with MB, or is that wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elestion View Post
    Do we PI or MB for raiding? We get more burst with PI but more voidform time with MB, or is that wrong?
    I'd say MB is the standard choice and if the boss requires you to burst something down asap (and it does not get bursted down almost instantly by the other classes like an add with relatively low HP) you switch to PI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    What if the punishment wasn't dying, but instead going insane, attacking random targets (primarily allies) for a duration before finally becoming sane again ?

Don't know if the CD/effectiveness would be reduced. Just an idea.
    That would be even worse ... imagine a mythic boss and you randomly kill people in your raid because they have low hp after some boss ability and you just finish them.

In my opinion the problem does not lie within StM, they could just keep it the way it is but they should buff the other talents so you can take StM if you really want to min-max everything and are confident that you can pull it off, but if you don't take it you don't "lose" that much dps. So you maybe don't have 35k dps difference between taking StM and taking LotV (or maybe another talent if Blizz would just delete Mind Spike) but just 15k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit of a side note, anyone noticed that http://www.wowhead.com/item=139448/vial-of-dark-shadows can be used in instanced pve? we let it tank some of mythic wardens a couple days ago.. lol. potentially awkward progression bug if that's slipped through.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Bit of a side note, anyone noticed that http://www.wowhead.com/item=139448/vial-of-dark-shadows can be used in instanced pve? we let it tank some of mythic wardens a couple days ago.. lol. potentially awkward progression bug if that's slipped through.
    At least the insanity drain prevention one doesn't work in instances. Now THAT'D be a way to break a fight. Surrender to Madness? But WHY?