Please help me decide between Arcane and Fire?

I just returned to WoW a few days ago and still trying to decide on my new main. I am considering leveling up my mage (I haven't played it since MoP) and I am wondering how the two specs stack up right now. This would be primarily PvE. Which is better DPS on long fights / bosses, does one spec offer better utility than the other, which solos better (I know mages generally aren't great soloers), etc?

Thank you for your input.

Fire mage is currently the best spec in all aspects compared to frost/arcane. Play fire.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frost is best for leveling and PvP content, while Fire is best for end-game PvE content.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Frost is best for leveling and PvP content, while Fire is best for end-game PvE content.
    Ziqo would disagree

10+ Year Old Account
    Will you be raiding or playing with a competitive group? Go Fire. If you want to have fun, play whatever spec you feel like. I feel like later on in the expansion Arcane will end up pulling through as the best spec, but as of now with the way Fire and the other specs are tuned, Fire is definitely the way to go numbers wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    Ziqo would disagree
    And how would he go about it?

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    And how would he go about it?
    We would have to ask him

When I read it, I remembered him saying PvPing as frost sucks until Honor lvl 46 or something like that and that he likes Fire more (He was R1 glad for multiple seasons, so I assumed he knows what he's saying xD).

I'm actually leveling as a Fire (boosted char, finally decided on the class, yay xD) and I think I would agree with you on the leveling part.
    I got spoiled playing rogue, now I have to sit and eat/drink every few mobs xD

Levelling as Fire is an absolute breeze. I've yet to create a mana strudel and sit down to eat to heal up. Shimmer + arti trait to heal when you blink is all I need with Ice Barrier. Fire is great fun, I'm actually ditching my Outlaw Rogue for my Fire Mage. RoP is great too, I only use it on big health pool mobs, run the combustion opener and it's GG.

Deleted
    We would have to ask him

When I read it, I remembered him saying PvPing as frost sucks until Honor lvl 46 or something like that and that he likes Fire more (He was R1 glad for multiple seasons, so I assumed he knows what he's saying xD).

I'm actually leveling as a Fire (boosted char, finally decided on the class, yay xD) and I think I would agree with you on the leveling part.
    I got spoiled playing rogue, now I have to sit and eat/drink every few mobs xD
    What? Why would you need a break after every few mobs?

Deleted
    We would have to ask him

He sure does know, but since he said something relevant glacial spike was nerfed, and indeed you need honor talents for 200% frostbolt with no fof and ice form. I am already there though I don't think my ebonchill is ap to par.

On topic, numbers wise go fire.

Also if you do plan going arcane, sure as hell don't level as one.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    What? Why would you need a break after every few mobs?
    Well:

1) I suck. Played a mage to 42, then boosted. Now at 103.
    2) Boosted gear sucks xD Might add to the problem.
    3) Regen in stealth (Sub) spoiled me xD
    4) I guess there's more, but mainly 1) xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    He sure does know, but since he said something relevant glacial spike was nerfed, and indeed you need honor talents for 200% frostbolt with no fof and ice form. I am already there though I don't think my ebonchill is ap to par.

On topic, numbers wise go fire.

Also if you do plan going arcane, sure as hell don't level as one.
    Yeah, I might try Arcane at 110 just to see what's going on there, but I plan on fire for now