Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Which bosses exactly can a tank solo 100% to 0 without a healer and other dps present?
    Just curious.
    I've seen for a fact a DH solo the last boss on black rook hold. I have heard from them that it's happened with more.

I'm sure you have terrible excuses in line, but this simply can't be a thing. And you know what? This small damage nerf isn't going to fix that. So, again, you should be very pleased with this outcome. Move along.

Anyone else noticing the recent surge of low post count threads made by people who don't even respond to their own their following any sort of criticism, unless it's universal agreement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    The term balance is not an argument, it's you not explaining why it's an issue. We already know Blizzard can and will lock certain roles to a fixed number.

Check your ego and try again, friend.

- - - Updated - - -

A small minority of skilled players pushing the limits of their class for the last parts of a boss fight when DPS has done all the heavy lifting is not an issue. The majority of tank players cannot solo mythic content.

Try again.
    I don't need to. I have already been proven right. You are taking the nerf and may take more in the future. You will just have to realise you are wrong on this.
    So.. maybe you need to try again?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I've seen for a fact a DH solo the last boss on black rook hold. I have heard from them that it's happened with more.

I'm sure you have terrible excuses in line, but this simply can't a thing. And you know what? This small damage nerf isn't going to fix that. So, again, you should be very pleased with this outcome. Move along.
    So you've been in the instance and saw a DH solo the last boss? But did nothing to help?
    Or, which is more realistic, you have died somewhere during the encounter (probably during the aoe phase) and saw him finish up the boss.

The boss where you have a certain buff for dmg done, hp, and healing done, which in case of DH doubles up, since his heal is depending on his damage done.

I am quite sure there is no way that this DH had entered the dungeon, fought his way to the last boss and killed it solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't need to. I have already been proven right. You are taking the nerf and may take more in the future. You will just have to realise you are wrong on this.
    So.. maybe you need to try again?
    Blizzard has made poor decisions before, and will no doubt continue to do so as they are people.

You haven't been proven right on anything, and have basically admitted to dying on one of the easiest fights in current content.

Try again. Or don't, it's getting a bit sad now.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Deleted
    So you've been in the instance and saw a DH solo the last boss? But did nothing to help?
    Or, which is more realistic, you have died somewhere during the encounter (probably during the aoe phase) and saw him finish up the boss.

The boss where you have a certain buff for dmg done, hp, and healing done, which in case of DH doubles up, since his heal is depending on his damage done.

I am quite sure there is no way that this DH had entered the dungeon, fought his way to the last boss and killed it solo.
    Stop making stuff up. He solo'ed the boss. That is the only claim i made. I didn't say anything about the rest of the dungeon. Make all the excuses you want. Nerf is warranted and very lukewarm. It's not the DPS that are terrible and you are very good. It's that you are overtuned and that is why you were nerfed. Get off the high chair and smell the roses.

Deleted
    You aren't there to DPS, you are there to tank the mobs. That is the point of a tank.
    I know what you're trying to say, but Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom, haven't figured out what the "tank gameplay" is, apart from standing still, taking damage (and switching at x-stacks, if tanking raids) - it's not very engaging, so this time around they decided tanks could actually try to do a bit ("non-trivial amount") of DPS while standing there. Blood DK's have had this playstyle for a while, but in Legion, all tanks got it.

Tanks are *not* just supposed to tank anymore. Their gameplay is part tanking, part dps. Over time, I'm sure we'll see Healers getting the same treatment - Disc is probably a nice test for this.

Seems Blizzard is just trying to tune in the damage to that "non-trivial amount" ballpark, it's a bit high at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account

You obviously haven't been paying attention. Tanks are now demigods who can solo all content. This applies to every tank, and not just extremely skilled players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    I know what you're trying to say, but Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom, haven't figured out what the "tank gameplay" is, apart from standing still, so this time around they decided tanks could actually try to do a bit ("non-trivial amount") of DPS while standing there. Blood DK's have had this playstyle for a while, but in Legion, all tanks got it.

Tanks are *not* just supposed to tank anymore. Their gameplay is part tanking, part dps. Over time, I'm sure we'll see Healers getting the same treatment - Disc is probably a nice test for this.

Seems Blizzard is just trying to tune in the damage to that "non-trivial amount" ballpark, it's a bit high at the moment.
    Shockadins too.

Edit: it would be nice to see DPS mechanics outside of interrupt and focus adds. Adding purges and spellsteals back to boss fights would be good to have again.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop making stuff up. He solo'ed the boss. That is the only claim i made. I didn't say anything about the rest of the dungeon. Make all the excuses you want. Nerf is warranted and very lukewarm. It's not the DPS that are terrible and you are very good. It's that you are overtuned and that is why you were nerfed. Get off the high chair and smell the roses.
    Confirmed for dying on last boss.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Luckily for me I am playing with good DPS, that are outperforming me in DPS.
    He solo'ed the boss from 100% to 0 was my question?

And I haven't received an answer to that.

maybe blizzard should buff certain dps spec's aoe instead of nerfing tanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    for under performing , fine you want longer PVE dungeon runs DPSers your wish is granted
    Most likely there was an overwhelming uproar from under performing dps that had not learned how to properly play their new classes and the tanks are the ones that are going to suffer by having more of their fun removed.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Confirmed for dying on last boss.
    I think he was trying to find some proof to his moronic statement about tanks soloing stuff.
    And only thing you can find is a DH soloing that boss after his party dies at around 25% there's a video on youtube.

I have a few times "solo'ed" raid bosses that way, from 1-2% to 0 before legion.
    Guess tank damage was OP all the way.

You obviously haven't been paying attention. Tanks are now demigods who can solo all content. This applies to every tank, and not just extremely skilled players.

now who is exaggerating?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    for under performing , fine you want longer PVE dungeon runs DPSers your wish is granted
    You cant just measure yourself against DH, monks, hunters etc, there are plently of classes that suck dick, especially on AoE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    now who is exaggerating?
    It's true though, especially prot warriors. Fucking hell Ignore Pain is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    now who is exaggerating?
    I would never...!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. And all content stops at the current mythic+0 dungeons.
    And nothing is coming this week.

And you will come to Ursoc and show him how big your dps on a group of imps before impmother is, and he will give you the loot.
    Yup
    what does ursoc have anything to do with mythic+ dungeons? you're trying to say output on trash in mythic+ dungeons doesn't matter because a single target raid encounter exists. i don't follow your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    You cant just measure yourself against DH, monks, hunters etc, there are plently of classes that suck dick, especially on AoE.
    So one should measure himself only against spriest and ferals in terms of AOE?

Deleted
    So one should measure himself only against spriest and ferals in terms of AOE?
    Obviously it's kind of silly to measure yourself against the most OP dungeon specs. "Hi guys we're fine, we're right behind these 5 specs as tanks, nevermind the 20 other specs that are miles behind us, we're ok! dont nerf!"

I'm maining a prot pala and i can say that, especially on bigger pulls, in 99% of the cases im top dps.
    While i do think its cool.. Aoe dmg IS a bit too high.