Poll: Should nightborne become a full playable race

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    IDK how NIghtborne would work as a playable race unless they were like a Hero Race, due to how their society worked until we're level 100.

But Nightfallen could work, and are unique enough in model and culture that you can't trod out "well it's just a reskinned X."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    this

sub-race in general is cosmetic change. blue-eyed for blood elves and nightborne for night elves
    But a Nightborne in Teldrassil? IMO if they need a new starting zone, they can't be a sub race.

Yes, that kills 90% of sub races people float. No, I don't care.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Aren't the nightborne the junkies you constantly have to feed in Suramar? Haven't really payed attention to what is going on but those junkies are freaking annoying.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Aren't the nightborne the junkies you constantly have to feed in Suramar? Haven't really payed attention to what is going on but those junkies are freaking annoying.
    Nightborne = The ones in Suramar City.

Nightfallen = The Junkies outside of Suramar, and Runas' bunch.

Withered = The Mana Zombies.

Also, their racial language refers to them as Shal'dorei.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

NO they are just some addicted junkies. They help medical help, not a full playable race. Detox or DIE!
    Also we have elves on Horde and Alliance so no more elves!

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    arcandor heal them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    NO they are just some addicted junkies. They help medical help, not a full playable race. Detox or DIE!
    Also we have elves on Horde and Alliance so no more elves!
    I'm pretty much agree with your last sentiment.

If you like magical elves, you are catered for. If you like sylvan elves, you are catered for. If you like dark skinned elves, you are catered for. If you like pale elves, you are catered for.

We have enough elf choices for elf fans. I'm an elf fan, and I believe two is more than enough.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I'm pretty much agree with your last sentiment.

If you like magical elves, you are catered for. If you like sylvan elves, you are catered for. If you like dark skinned elves, you are catered for. If you like pale elves, you are catered for.

We have enough elf choices for elf fans. I'm an elf fan, and I believe two is more than enough.
    The same logic could be applied to all races and sub-races, essentially. I mean we now have, for both sides elves, big brutes, animal-people, and little people, which are the main fantasy archetypes people demand beyond "human".

So why would we need Maghar Orcs (already got kinda biscuit-coloured Orcs so...), Wildhammer Dwarves (who is even going to see the tattoos under all that armour?), etc. etc. - yet obviously people want them, and would like the game better if they could have them, and even pay for Appearance Changes to be them.

If they're handing out sub-races, they'll need at least one for each race, I'd suggest. Animation and descent-wise, Nightborne would make most sense as a sub-race of Night Elves. Yes, I know they're not Night Elves now, after 10k years of being something different, but they're pretty close to them in size/shape (closer than to BEs, but they could work due to cultural similarities), but Maghar Orcs aren't the current Orcs, either, and the same with many other subraces.

I would agree that setting them up as an entire race would be pretty overkill though. Just pick NE or BE and subrace them. It doesn't matter if their racials aren't quite a perfect match.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't these guys just night elves? Making them an entirely new "race" wouldn't even make sense as we already have them, night elves. They're like the night elf version of the Broken. Maybe as a sub race.

Only thing that makes them being playable a problem is what about their insatiable need for magic? Without it they turn into zombies so how would that work when playing them? Are they just suddenly cured of it? I'm not that far in the Suramar questline so maybe they do get cured of that addiction?
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-09-19 at 01:28 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Aren't these guys just night elves? Making them an entirely new "race" wouldn't even make sense as we already have them, night elves. They're like the night elf version of the Broken.
    After some people have spent years trying to justify the High Elves' blue eyes as a reason for adding them as a race despite Blood Elves being available, does this surprise you?

I like them a lot, but they don't bring anything new to the table for either side. Magic is handled by humans/Highborne Alliance-side and by blood elves Horde-side, and yeah, both sides already have an elf-race. As a sub-race they could technically work, but merely on a singular level; as a society they would remain neutral. A playable Nightborne wouldn't therefore have much identity within Horde or Alliance, as they would have abandoned their roots and moved to Silvermoon/Stormwind/Darnassus. Perhaps that wouldn't matter, considering they'd probably be introduced among other sub-races with identity issues, such as earthen dwarves and taunka.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want subraces dammit, I want Nightborne and Moose antler tauren + wildhammer dwarves and various trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a part of a sub race centered expansion, sure. I know they're as legitimate to call their own race like how the Blood Elves are thought of.. but they are simply too late to the party what with 2x elf races already being playable.

Deleted
    Nah, Id rather see sliders for existing races than a gazillion of new ones with minimal customization.

As a sub-race, maybe. Wouldn't want the slot of "new race!" feature going to another boring elf race.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Aren't these guys just night elves? Making them an entirely new "race" wouldn't even make sense as we already have them, night elves. They're like the night elf version of the Broken. Maybe as a sub race.

Only thing that makes them being playable a problem is what about their insatiable need for magic? Without it they turn into zombies so how would that work when playing them? Are they just suddenly cured of it? I'm not that far in the Suramar questline so maybe they do get cured of that addiction?
    arcandor heal them

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of cool sub races and model customization that I think would be really cool to have as options for players.

Tattoos on player models... orcs, humans
    warpaint on tauren
    moose horns on tauren

But players have been asking for access to sub races for a long time... who knows... maybe some day.

10+ Year Old Account
    arcandor heal them
    Thanks for the spoiler! (This is general, not lore).
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2016-09-19 at 04:36 PM.

arcandor heal them
    But did it cure them of the need for the nightwell? Cause it would suck having to keep going back to the broken isles everyday or risk turning into a nightfallen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    The Fresh smell of lore illiterates in the morning
    Gtfo, wannabe.

WoW really needs the sub-race category. There are so many options for so many races.